1st Day at Saegwang High School

A Second Chance

 

Hey y'all! This is a new chapter, which will have more plot to it and stuff. 

DISCLAIMER: Also, there may be one or two k-drama cliches in this chapter, so don't murder me...>.<

Anyway, hope y'all like this chapter :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"JUSTICE SHALL BE SERVED, JIN YOUNG DESERVES IT!" Hara was shouting through a megaphone, as the group of protestors said in unison, "JIN YOUNG DESERVES IT! JIN YOUNG DESERVES IT!" The posters that the protestors held up said messages like, SHUT THIS SCHOOL DOWN, PARK JIN YOUNG SHALL GO TO COURT, and CAN'T YOU SEE THESE STUDENTS' LIVES BEING STOLEN?

 

"JIN YOUNG, JIN YOUNG, CAN'T YOU SEE?" Hara shouted, as the crowd replied, "YOUR STUDENTS ARE BEING BULLIED!" Hara looked angry. She looked so angry that Youngji was bewildered, because Hara was never angry. At least, not this angry. 

 

"My sister, Yeo Reum," Hara said through the megaphone. "What did she do that was so wrong that she had to end her life?" Her eyes welled up with tears as they streamed down her cheeks, making Youngji's heart shatter into a million pieces.

 

"Where's Seo Kang Joon?!" She screamed as she fell to her knees. "Bring him here, NOW!"  

 

"Hara!" Her friends, Gyu Ri and Seung Yeon yelled, as they ran to help her. Hara cried out, demanding for Kang Joon to appear.

 

Youngji wanted to cry. She wanted to run to her former sister and tell her Yeo Reum was still alive. She wanted to tell her to stop crying.

 

But she couldn't. Emperor's orders.

 

"Noona?" Yeo Bin waved his hand in front of her face, as Youngji snapped back to reality. "Huh?" She looked at him, as he gestured to the school building. "Let's go."

 

"Oh, yeah…" Youngji led Yeo Bin to the front office, as she averted her eyes from the protestors. Although, there was no reason for her to do so.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jackson ran down the street. I'm gonna be late, I'm gonna be late, I'm gonna be late!

 

He turned the corner and ran down the next street. "I'm gonna be late, I'm gonna be late, I'm gonna be late!" He said as he ran. It had only been five minutes since he left the house, so he still had 25 more minutes until school began. But Jackson wanted to be a good student.

 

However, he stopped running when he saw what was happening.

 

"JUSTICE SHALL BE SERVED, JIN YOUNG DESERVES IT!"

 

There was a mob of protestors outside of the school building, holding up signs that Jackson can't read. But it didn't matter whether he could read it, because he knew that they were angry messages just by looking at them.

 

"My sister, Yeo Reum," the girl with the megaphone said. "What did she do that was so wrong that she had to end her life?"

 

Jackson couldn't believe his ears. That girl's sister…committed suicide?

 

"Where's Seo Kang Joon?! Bring him out here NOW!!" She demanded, as she fell to her knees. Jackson wanted to help her up, but luckily, her friends ran to her.

 

"Noona?" He heard a boy say. Jackson turned his head and saw the source of the voice. "Huh?" He heard the girl say, her voice sounding more familiar. The boy gestured to the school and said, "Let's go."

 

The girl's voice sounded more familiar when she said, "Oh, yeah…" Her face was visible, and her face made Jackson's jaw drop.

 

It was Heo Youngji.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Youngji opened the door and saw Mrs. Do at her desk. She was about to wave hi to her, like how she always did, but then she forgot about one thing: Youngji, she told herself,you're not supposed to know her, remember?

 

She recollected her thoughts as she smiled widely and approached the desk.

 

"Hello~," she said with a bow, gesturing Yeo Bin to do the same. "My name is Heo Youngji and this is my twin brother, Heo Yeo Bin." He smiled as well, as Mrs. Do looked up at the two. Instantly, a smile spread across her face, just how 'Yeo Reum' remembered.

 

"Oh, you two must be new!" She said warmly, making Youngji have déjà-vu. "You two sit over there and I'll get your schedules, okay?" The twins nodded in unison and went to sit in the two chairs behind them. Youngji was feeling anxious, because she was worried about her sister.

 

What will happen when Kang Joon comes out? What will Hara do to him? Mrs. Do walked to them with the same bright smile. "Here you are." She handed them their schedules. "Welcome to Saegwang High!"

 

Youngji and Yeo Bin thanked her, then looked at their schedules. Somehow, they had the exact same schedule.

 

"Must be because we're twins," Yeo Bin suggested. Youngji nodded in agreement. "Twins usually get the same schedules." She paused for a moment, then added with a smile, "Another good thing is that I wouldn't have to lead you around to all of your classes."

 

Yeo Bin looked slightly offended. "You're my noona, so you're technically obligated to do that." Youngji mockingly repeated him, then Yeo Bin playfully pushed her. Yep, they were beginning to finally feel like twins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jackson went into the front office and got his schedule. His first class was Songwriting. Luckily, the classroom was in the nearest corridor to the front office, according to the front desk lady. When he first asked her, she blushed slightly, then told him it was room 709.

 

Jackson was nervous about starting school. His main concerns were that he barely knew any Korean, he would be utterly confused about where he would be, there wouldn't be any hot girls in any of his classes, and that the cafeteria food might not be good.

 

Once he reached room 709, he took a deep breath and opened the door. Classes haven't begun yet, so the students were hanging out. Some were doing vocal exercises, others were talking and laughing, while some people were just sitting down listening to music.

 

Jackson didn't know what to do, so he just shut the door and stood outside.

 

He glanced at his watch, and saw it was about ten minutes before class started. He looked down the corridor for the teacher. He saw many teachers, but none of them were his teacher. Jackson was about to lose hope and just go inside, until he saw a boy and a girl walking to his class.

 

"You're my noona, so you're technically obligated to do that." The boy said, as the girl mockingly repeated him and the boy playfully pushed her. They looked familiar, then Jackson realized that the girl was...

 

"Heo Youngji?" He asked the girl, as she turned to him, with a little shock.

 

"Jackson Wang?" She replied.