Jackson Wang

A Second Chance

Hey guys! This chapter will focus on Jackson's perspective and etc. I'm planning on doing 1st person P.O.V after this chapter, so leave me a comment if I should or not.

Also, I apologize for not updating in a while. Too busy catching up on Dream Knight (btw, ep 12 is like HOLY CRAPNESS)

Anyways, enjoy this chapter. :)

INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

Jackson's P.O.V:

I'm Jackson Wang. I'm 17 years old, and I'm moving from Hong Kong to Seoul on a scholarship. Even though I'm excited, I still have guilt lingering in my mind about my sick mother, who is still in Hong Kong. I kept on have that feeling inside of me...

But, you know what they say: Just grin and bear it. So that's what I did. I know my mom wants me to be happy about starting a new life in Korea, so I'm going to follow her wish.

I waited at the baggage claim for Park Joon Hyung, my "Korean Uncle". He's a good friend of my dad, so I call him that. It's a good thing he knew English, as I don't know anything in Korean, except for "hello", "goodbye", "please", "thank you", and other basic stuff. 

Anyways, I scanned the area for Joon. I sighed, seeing that he isn't here yet. My feet couldn't stop moving. I was feeling jittery, and I had a strange desire to run around the airport and yell, "I'M IN KOREA! WOOOOOOOOO~!" But, I knew the people were gonna look at me and give me weird looks, so I'm gonna play it safe and refrain from doing that.

As I waited, I sat on a nearby bench. I took out my phone and started playing "Crossy Road", which I'm pretty much addicted to right now. I vowed to beat my score of 300. Yeah, as you can tell, I have no life...

I looked up from my game and scanned the area for Joon again. It's been 12 minutes, he's still not here. I sighed and put my phone away. I tapped my foot against the white tile floor and tried to go to sleep. 

It wasn't until something—actually, someone—caught my eye. A girl, about my height. She had reddish hair and a shy smile. She looked really pretty. Whoa... I thought to myself. Are all Korean chicks hot? I'm starting to like Korea even more! She then started...laughing? It seemed like there was no sound coming out, but was so wide that her uvula was visible... Again, she was pretty.

"YOOOOO, WANG JACKSOOOON!" A voice yelled, snapping me back into reality. I quickly looked away and smiled, because I've waited almost an hour for this guy. My Korean uncle, Joon Hyung. He ran to me with open arms and enveloped me into a bear hug.

"Can't believe you came to Korea so soon, MAAAAN!" Joon said, while I was struggling to get out of his arms. "Can't...breathe...hyung..." I strained, as he finally let go of me. I collapsed on the floor and caught my breath. It was that bad (also because of his really bad breath). When I stood up, Joon clapped me on the back so hard that I fell to the ground again. "HYUNG!!" I said, rather loudly. Joon just laughed, then put his hands up as if to say, "Sorry..." and helped me up.

"Anyways," he said, "I'm so glad you're here, man!" I gave him a weak smile, still recovering from that scene from earlier. "Me too, hyung." As we walked to the baggage claim, Joon said he was going to prove his 'manliness' by lifting my suitcases. I smirked, because I brought...I think it's six bags?

"You know, hyung," I said, "I brought a lot of stuff from Hong Kong. You're not gonna be able to lift it all by yourself." Joon just rolled his eyes. "Oh, please, Jackson," he said. "Just because I'm over 40 years old doesn't mean I'm weak!" I held up my hands in defense. "Yeah, yeah. Sorry bout that." Joon smiled and pointed to the big sign above us. "Here's the land of excitement...the baggage claim!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hyung, I can carry at least 3 bags myself. I don't wanna kill you..." I said, staring at Joon, who's obviously struggling to carry five of my suitcases, while I'm stuck with my carry-on.

Joon just strained and shook his head. "I'm...your hyung...Jackson..." He said in between groans. "This...is what...hyungs...do..." I let out a laugh and stop Joon from walking forward. "Well, I'm gonna do what a good little brother does for his hyung. I'll be taking three bags, please." Joon drops the bags and shouts out of happiness. I laugh again as we make our way towards Joon's car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My face was full of awe as we drove by Incheon: the bright blue sea, the large fishing boats going back into the water while some were returning, a flock of seagulls flying through the air...

Man, I thought, I sure wish Mom was here to see all these amazing things... I took out my phone and took a picture. 

TO: Mom

FROM: Jackson

This is South Korea, Mom! It's pretty awesome, and I can't wait to start my life here! I'll be praying everyday that you'll get better soon and you'll be well enough to come visit me! 

Love you lots, xoxo

I sent the text to Mom as I looked out the window, feeling a sense of excitement as we passed each landmark. And, before I knew it, I fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We're here, Jackson!" Joon said, shaking me viguorously, seeing that I'm a really deep sleeper. As I woke up, I accidentally whacked Joon in the face with my arm. "Oh my god, Joon! Are you okay?" I asked, as Joon groaned. "Ah, no biggie." 

He dragged three of my bags to the doorstep of a...whoa. Right before my very eyes, there was a HUGE house. Is this...JOON HYUNG'S HOUSE?

Joon must've read my mind, because he started laughing. "Nah, this ain't my place. This is Park Jin Young's place. Y'know, the principal of that performing arts school, Saegwang High School?" I gasped. "Y-You mean, this is the princpal of my new school's house?!" I gestured to the huge house as Joon nodded. "Hard to believe, huh? Actually, not only is he the principal of a high school, but he's also a business man. He runs a highly successful ramen shop chain in Seoul and Busan. Plus, he's training some graduates of his high school to become K-pop idols. Pretty awesome, right?" All of what Joon said made me totally awestruck. 

I was still in awe as we entered the house and I saw alot of really cool stuff: A TV that was 65 in long, a brightly-colored foosball table, black and white leather sofas, a striped hammock. On top of that, outside there was a really awesome pool with a water slide! I was super psyched to live here.

"Hyung, this place is awesome!!" I said as Joon cracked a smile. "Well, before we get to the 'settling in' stuff, how bout we go get something to eat? There's a restaurant close by called Jade Dragon. It's really good." 

After he said that, I never realized how hungry I am. "That sounds great, hyung!" I said, as we walk out the door onto the streets of Seoul.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome to Jade Dragon! I'm Ye Rin, your waitress for today!" The waitress said with a friendly smile. "Would you like to hear about our specials?" 

Joon picked up and examined the menu. "Can we get three seasoned chickens and a bowl of jjajjangmyun? Also, a bottle of soju for me." Ye Rin wrote down the order and quickly left. Joon looked around and sighed. "Man, if only Yeo Reum was here..." he murmured. I looked at him quizzically. "Did you say something?" Joon looked back at me and shook his head. "It's nothing."

As I waited for our food, I stared at the door, waiting for a customer to walk in that looked interesting. It was about ten minutes until someone interesting came in. It was a really hot girl and her family. She picked a table for them and sat down, smiling widely. After a few minutes, she started laughing, but no sound came out and her uvula was visible. Wait, I thought, I'd seen this before... I thought back to the airport, where I saw a girl who looked very similar to this girl. Her uvula showed when she laughed...

IT'S THE SAME CHICK!

I was very curious as to who she was, so I did what any other guy did: go and talk to her. 

"Hyung, I'm going to, uh, go over there for a sec." I said, quickly leaving before Joon can question me. My heart was pounding for some reason as I got closer to her. "Excuse me..." I started, as she looked up at me. Damn, she's beautiful. I thought. "Do you know what's good here?" She looked like she blushed a little. 

"Well...um...the jjajjangmyun is really good...and the jjamppong, too..." She said, her English sounding really cute. I almost lost my train of thought. "Oh, okay. I'll trust your judgement, then. Thanks!"

She blushed again and said, "No problem..." I felt my cheeks growing redder as I turned to leave.

WAY TO PUT THE MOVES ON HER, JACKSON WANG! I thought, as I mentally face palmed myself. Then, I realized...

I forgot to tell her my name.

 I went back there quickly. "I forgot to tell you my name. How non-gentlemanly of me!" I said, lightly laughing because I just realized I said 'non-gentlemanly'. Jeez, you need some 'getting girls' lessons. I thought. But surprisingly, the girl didn't seem affected by it, because she casually said, "It's okay. It was also rude of me to not introduce myself. My name is Heo Young Ji. What's yours?"

I couldn't help but crack a smile. "It's Jackson. Jackson Wang."