#01

best of friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#01: best of friends.


Kim Jongin prides himself with being Oh Sehee’s best friend. And when he says best friend, he means best friend. There is no other person Sehee trusts as much as him - no same aged person at least, because Sehee talks a lot to her mother and confides in her a lot as well. But to be male and around Sehee’s age and to know all of her secrets? There is just one person like that and it is Kim Jongin.

Oh Sehee is one of the tallest girls at school. She had been cute and small before, a lot tinier than Jongin was, but in the recent years she has grown a lot. To an extent she had been asked to model. With her pale, ivory skin and her royal face - say princess and Jongin will think of his best friend - she makes the perfect model. So far, Sehee has only been to photo shootings for different teenage magazines and a few catalogs, but Jongin is sure that she can become a big name, even as runway model, if she keeps working like this. Of course he has seen her at work, has seen Sehee morphing from the pretty faced tomboy into a cute girl or a y lady, and although he doesn’t feel too comfortable with the whole world being able to see Sehee like that, he feels pride, too. Because Jongin is the one who has grown up with her. Because Jongin is the one who has taught her a thing or two. He is also the one who has protected the fragile flower to bloom into the beautiful person she is today.

Kim Jongin and Oh Sehee always come in two, they don’t abandon each other. Or that is what Jongin has thought.

 

 

 

 

“Kim Jongin, bestest of all best friends, I need your help.”

Jongin is still half asleep. He tries swatting Sehee’s hand away, a little irritated at being poked repeatedly. Seconds later Sehee’s face appears right in front of him, the girl standing in front of his desk and leaning down, closer, and Jongin has to swallow. Sehee is getting better with being girlish by day and Jongin doesn’t think he can survive any longer with a girl that cute next to him. His heart beats too loud, too fast, and one thing that he hates is having a crush on his best friend. But bestest of all best friends don’t burden their bestest of all best friends, so he keeps quiet and hopes Sehee won’t notice. Not that he really needs to hope for that, because Sehee is probably the most oblivious fifteen-year-old he has ever had the pleasure to get to know.

“Sehee, sit down. Your is wiggling in the air and that’s not what you want them dickheads to see.”

Sehee blushes at the words and straightens up, sitting down on the chair that Baekhee has pulled over for her to sit down.

“Girl, you need to be more careful. Jongin and I won’t be around 24/7 to protect you,” the other girl sighs before she takes place on Jongin’s desk, sitting there as if it was the most natural thing to do. It is, but only for someone like Baekhee, indifferent and full of sass. And although Baekhee’s words are disturbing at times, Jongin appreciates the shorter girl looking out for Sehee when he is not there. Jongin can only do this much as a male friend to shield Sehee from unwanted attention, when Sehee is so careless. It is Baekhee who reminds Sehee how to observe her surroundings for threats and how to act, how to behave when it gets dangerous. Dangerous as in machos and slimy guys trying to hook up with her.

“Sorry, Baek,” Sehee pouts, arms rounding her female best friend’s waist. Her head is resting on Baekhee’s lap as the slightly older girl twirls reddish locks with her finger.

“So what do you need help with?” Jongin asks, trying to get back to the conversation Sehee tried to strike up earlier.

“Can you do me a favor? Can we go shopping together after school?”

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter