┋04. Threat ┋

TOMORROW : Phantom of the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The prison that Zelo mentioned before was actually a huge building across The City Hall, where they usually detained people, new comers or any suspicious suspects, for questioning and trial. If they are proven innocent, they're free and became the part of Colony 7. But if they failed to prove their innocence, they were labeled as criminals and put into the jail just 15 feet below the building.
So the process was simple. If you were a new-comer, someone who lost their way during The Civil War, they would investigate you and then give you a trial to determine your fate. Would you be the part of Colony 7, or be banished to the devastating world outside because you're a threat for the colony?
The Judicial Hall, that was what people called it, was the first place outsiders would go to in the colony. The facility itself was separated into two sections. The Left Section was where they send the cases of the people of Colony 7 whom committed a crime inside the colony. They also handled the issues about new-comers and decided their fate. This section was led by Xiumin as The General of Colony 7 with the help of another council members. Any trials for the people of Colony 7 was based on his verdict.
The Right Section was the section for any crimes that happened outside the colony. This section was under the authority of Kai as the one who is in charge for everything outside the colony. This section was rarely used because of the fact that only Kai's Team was allowed to travel outside the colony. There was no one brave enough to go against Kai's orders. The right side of The Judicial Hall became a hang-out for Kai's Team in their free time.
Zelo took Sena to the Right Side. The fact that she had been taken to the Right Section already gave her the feeling that something unusual had happened. And it related to the outsider because she already saw Howon. She knew it was something about them.
Sena was taken directly to the control room where they controlled and observed the questioning process.
"Sir, she's not allowed here." Said a young guard who guarded the door.
The sibling exchanged gaze, signalling one another and Sena turned to the young guard. "I'm Choi Sena from the hospital. I came here to collect information about
the patient you guys brought midday. I need to know more about the people who were with him."
The young guard looked uncertain.
"She's under my responsibility." Zelo added.
Although he was still uncertain, he let them in eventually.
There was about 20 monitors and a big screen inside the control room. Ten of them were and Sena instantly walked closer for a better look. She looked into the first and second monitors that seemed to show the same room with a guy inside, locked on his chair. The guy was being questioned but seemed to refuse answering.
She looked closer to the guy. "Oh my God... Jonghyun.." She mumbled, hands on her lips, not wanting to cry like she did when she saw Howon.
Suddenly the door opened and startled both of them.
"Miss Choi. It's a surprise to see you here."
"Captain Kai." Sena greeted to the one who startled them, showing no fear even though they were caught in the control room while her brother gulped nervously. "There was a mess at the hospital around noon when your man took an injured guy. I was wondering what happened. After learned that he is one of the outsiders found at the entrance this morning, and strangely was taken to the Right Section instead of the Left Section, I asked my brother to take me here. I was curious." She added.
Kai approached her slowly and stopped right in front of her face. "Miss Choi, what you’re curious about is none of your business. So, I suggest you to get the hell out here before I --" Kai whispered slowly but loud enough for Zelo to hear. The intensity of his voice just added more creepiness on his intimidation look toward Sena.
"Before you what?" Sena asked, totally unaffected to Kai's threat. Kai's eyes widen as he struggled to maintain his cool facade. Sena took a step closer to Kai, only leaving five inches between their faces. "Your soldiers took a guy to the hospital at noon. Badly injured and almost dead. My curiosity will help me learn about his origin and how did he got those ing injures. So, I don't care what you say, or what you would do to me, I'm staying here." She hissed.
The two of them continued to stare at each other with rage -Sena because she’s annoyed, Kai because he just simply hates Sena-, until someone went inside the room.
"Sena?" Suho's voice uttered and immediately separated her from the stare-war.
Kai immediately moved forward and stood up beside Zelo. "Next time you bring someone here, make sure I know. You understand, soldier?" He hissed.
"Yes, sir." Zelo replied.
"What are you doing here?" Suho added, completely unaware about the little cold-war that just ended between his girl and one of his best friends.
"I'm here to gather information about the guy that was taken to the hospital today." Sena replied.
Suho gave her a confused look. "Isn't that suppose to be Lay's job. Besides, he's here to do that." Suho pointed at Lay who was standing right behind him and Sena failed to realise he was there all this time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter