┋02. Family ┋

TOMORROW : Phantom of the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"You need to wake up now, sleepy-head!" Sena's voice echoed in Zelo's head, it's like Sena was in his dream. But of course it wasn't a dream. It's an alarm.
Knowing that his beautiful sleep would over soon, he wrapped his body with his blanket, refusing to wake up.
"Zelo, wake up!"
"Argh! I barely had sleep over there, just let me sleep a little more. It's still morning."
"Oh it's not, baby. It's almost 12 and you're gonna miss your lunch."
Zelo opened his left eye, looking at his sister. "You're not working?"
"Nah. I took a day off to take care of you. After all you've been through, you deserved a good meal."
"Liar." He closed his eyes again and sunk his head again into the blanket. "You're just using me to get some rest."
Sena giggled. Her brother is the brother she knew long ago, even though he witnessed too many bad things out there. Everyone she knew changed so much and blamed every thing that happened to them on the trip. She did too. "Do whatever you want. But I can't promise you my chicken curry. Tao is coming."
"Ah, that bastard." Zelo mumbled.
Sena smiled and walked away into the kitchen.
"I thought I heard he just called me 'bastard'" A deep voice startled her.
"Tao!"
"Noona."
Sena burst into Tao's arm where the guy hugged her back. Tao, or Huang Zi Tao, is like a little brother to Sena. She, Tao and Zelo entered Colony 7 at the same time. Tao was alone, didn't remember where his family or relatives are. He was lost, but found another home as Sena and Zelo's brother. And now he's grown up and living a good life. Even though he is living in the colony, due to their own jobs, they hardly meet. Tao is an officer under Xiumin.'s responsibility. His duty forced him to live in the dorm.
"You look thinner. What did Xiumin do to you?"
"Nothing. Just practicing. And patrolling."
"Patrolling at night? Ugh, look at your eyes. You need more sleep." Sena added referring to Tao's deep eye bags. "You know, before Magnum attacked, there was an animal looks just like you. It had black eye bags. It's too bad that they went extinct."
Tao chuckled. "Yeah yeah. I know it. It’s called a panda, right?"
"Wow, how do you know?"
"They taught me a lot there."
"But they didn't teach you fighting." Another voice uttered. It belonged to Zelo who already in his favorite t-shirt, much better than his dirty military uniform.
"Whoa, our fighter is here." Tao shouted. The first time after he came to the house. It always happened when he met Zelo. The two of them has a love-hate relationship, a typical brotherhood relationship.
"I see that you’ve becomes -how should I say- more mature? Or it is all just to show Sena that you're a cool guy?" Zelo smirked.
"And I see that you’ve become... dirtier? Or is it all just to show Sena that you're a tough guy?" Tao replied.
"You bastard." Zelo grinned.
"You ." Tao replied as well. The two of them then hugged each other.
"I miss you bastard."
"So do I, . Where have you been? I was almost sure that you wouldn't make it." Tao muttered.
"I'm not that weak, stupid! I will survive. And I will make it." Zelo said with all of his pride.
Sena smiled. The world was probably destroyed now, but there's still a little piece of happiness left, including this one. Tao and Zelo, the two little boys that she protected so much are now grown up and becoming men with their own abilities.
"And why is our sister here smiling like a crazy woman?" Zelo said, bringing Sena back from her imagination world.
"Did you just call your sister a crazy woman?" Sena puffed her cheeks , pretended to be upset. "You don’t get chicken curry today."
"Oh no! Noona, I'm sorry!." He begged.
"You call her noona every time you need something." Tao commented.
"Shut up, you ugly face." Zelo cried out.
"Hey!"
And they continued mocking each other while Sena prepared the table. They stopped when someone knocked the door.
"I'll get it." Tao volunteered to open the door.
A young male appeared. He looked like he was in his teens. He came with a small box in his hand. He wore a simple shirt with white t-shirt underneath.
"May I help you?" Tao asked.
"Oh well.." He answered awkwardly. "Well, is this Sergeant Zelo's house?"
Heard his name was being called, Zelo appeared behind Tao's shoulder. "Oh! Jungkook!" He shouted right in Tao's left ear and received a smack from the older guy for that.
"Ah... hahaha, hi!" The young guy named Jungkook laughed, still in his awkward position.
"Hey, kiddo! Who is that?" Sena's voice uttered. She was done with the table.
"My friend!" Zelo yelled, again on Tao's left ear.
"Hey! Are you trying to make me deaf?" Tao said, definitely upset.
"That would be a great idea." Zelo said. "Come, Jungkook. I'll let you meet my sister." He said to Jungkook and pulled his right hand. "Sister, meet Jungkook."
"Oh, hi!" Sena smiled.
Jungkook being polite, bowed 90 degrees towa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter