┋03. Custody ┋

TOMORROW : Phantom of the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"And that stupid boy just being sooooooo annoying." A loud voice of a girl ion her twenties uttered in the medicine room. She was speaking to Sena who seemed too busy with her medicine, or busy daydreaming. "Sena... Sena!"
"Yes? What did you just say."
The other girl sighed. "I knew you weren’t listening."
"I'm sorry. I have too many things to think about."
"Whatever."
"Come on, Eunji. I didn't mean to."
The girl identified as Eunji sighed again. "I was just telling you about the soldier at room 301 who's being such an just because he got promoted. Not really important though."
"Well, maybe he's enchanted by your beauty. You know, guys always get distracted by a beautiful girl, like you." Sena commented, trying to make Eunji's mood back to normal.
"Hellloooooooo! Choi Sena, I'm a married woman. How could you say something like that?" Eunji said while showing his left hand where a wedding ring perched.
Sena giggled.
"Don't laugh! You're gonna know what it feels like soon, really soon."
Sena's smile suddenly disappeared, changed into an odd feeling. "Hey, Eunji. Is it normal to feel weird when your wedding is coming?"
"Weird? What do you mean?"
Sena looked at her, considering whether she should continue or not.
"You know you can trust me. You might be smarter than me, but above all, I'm more experienced about the married life." She giggled.
"Well, I had dreams. No, not dreams. It was more like flashbacks. Memories about my old life. My past love." Sena spoke really slow, considered her words one to another.
"First love, huh?" Eunji guessed.
Sena gaped, surprised that Eunji could guess it. "I said past love. How did you know it was my first love?"
"Because I had that feeling too, like weeks before my wedding."
Sena looked at her with interest, demanding more of an explanation.
Eunji who seemed to understand, began to talk. "Well, he was my first love, the boy whom I met long time ago. I was 13 back then. He was a refugee from another colony that was destroyed during The Civil War. His name was Inguk. He died two years after our meeting in the battle field. We never had something, but I loved him, considered him as my first love. I thought I would never being in love again after losing him. Until I met my adorable husband, Key. Dreams about Inguk came before my wedding day."
Sena felt her body trembled. The story Eunji just told her sounded familiar. A dead first love who haunted you after years passed.
"I thinks it's normal, Sena. After all, first love is something that we can't ever forget. I called it pre-wedding sickness" She added.
Sena nodded. She might be right. Maybe it was all just pre-wedding sickness, like what Eunji said.
"So tell me. Who's the guy in your dream." Eunji asked, curious with the love story of the mysterious Sena.
She was going to tell Eunji about him when a bunch of nurses came in a rush.
"Emergency. We need doctors immediately!" Shouted a nurse while the other picked up some medical equipment.
Sena and Eunji both directly followed the nurse. There must be something happening if they called out doctors like that. They were walking through the hallway when someone grabbed Sena's hand.
Sena startled but then realised who is the person. "Zelo! What are you doing here?"
"Sorry, Sena. We gotta go." He said and pulled Sena to the other direction.
"What? No! What the hell, Zelo?! There's an emergency. I need to go there."
"They already have enough doctors. They don't need you. Let's get out of here." Zelo insisted on pulling Sena away.
Sena pulled her hand "Let me go! What happened, Zelo?"
Zelo grabbed her hand again, and with more force, pulled her away. "You'll thank me for this."
But Sena w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter