┋01. The Return ┋

TOMORROW : Phantom of the Past
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't go!"

"Hah!" A woman woke up with cold sweat covering her body and face. She got that dream again. It was a dream in her sleep, but she knew it wasn't. It's a glimpse of memory. She closed her eyes, wiping her cold sweat.
"Are you okay?" The guy who slept beside her said.
She gave him a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine."
The guy got up and wiped the sweat around the girl's neck. "Another nightmare?"
She nodded. "Sorry for waking you up."
"No worries. I'm fine with that." He smiled. "Now let's go to sleep. It's still too early to start this day." He said while wrapping the girl in his arms. "Good night, Sena."
"Good night, -- Suho."

 

∞∞∞

 

She spent the rest of the night sleeping without any dreams. It was better than having a terrible dream. When it was time to wake up, she slowly opened her eyes only to get blinded by the bright sunshine from outside the window.
"Good morning." Suho's voice brought her back into reality.
She frowned. "Why is it so bright? What time is it?"
"10.25 AM. Oh wait, I mean 10.26 AM."
"WHAT?! Why didn't you wake me up?" She hurried to go to bathroom. "Lay would be pissed if I skip the meeting today."
"Chill out, girl. I already told him that you need a rest. You get a bad dream every time you over-work."
Sena opened the bathroom door and showed her wet face with a toothbrush in . "Ya knaw it wosnt en escus (You know it wasn't an excuse)."
"My baby is angry. Cute.” Suho laughed, “Nah, it's okay. Lay approved though."
"Oh, Suho. Stop using your authority over him." Sena shouted. The sound of water pouring inside the bathroom heard while she was complaining.
Suho waited until she finished to reply. "I didn't." He said to Sena who walked out from the bathroom and moved towards the cabinet.
Three minutes later she walked out with her usual work outfit, demanding Suho's explanation.
Suho sighed. He knew his girl would never stop giving him that look unless he had a good reason. "I didn't use my authority to get you more sleep. The meeting was cancelled"
"Why?"
"Because Kai's Team was spotted 12 km from the gates."
Sena's eyes widen as she made her way out from their room.
"Sena!" Suho shouted. "You probably want to leave it here." He said while he took the hair roll that hanging on Sena's bangs. And there you go, the beautiful Sena that always amuses him. "Let's go." He added and held Sena's hand.

 

∞∞∞

 

Captain Kai's Team, considered as the strongest squad of Colony 7 and usually assigned for the missions around enemy's quarters. They would always be in the front line if there is confrontation outside the colony. Needless to say, being in Kai's Team is probably the dream job for most of soldiers in training.
Today, Kai's Team came back from a mission around the wall of 4 after three months in duty. For three months, Sena's been waiting for their return.

"Where are they?" Suho asked once they arrived at the huge meeting room that they call the Council Hall, the first place Kai would be after came back from a mission.
"They’re already in the colony. They will be here in couple of minutes." Xiumin, one of the council, answered as the Council Hall's door opened, revealing Kai's face full of dirt with his squad behind him. "Well, or seconds." Xiumin added.
Suho smiled and walked closer to Kai so he could report his return. Sena on the other hand, was looking around the crowd to find someone.
"So I heard you're not in a good condition." A familiar voice greeted her. It was Lay's, the head of the hospital of Colony 7 and also Sena's co-worker. 'Not in a good condition' is his other way of saying of 'being sick'. He's just trying to refine his language.
"Did Suho say I was sick?"
"No. He said you weren’t in good condition."
"Oh. So now you and him sharing the same catch phrase." Sena commented, still looking around the crowd.
"According to the report, there are no major injuries and no loss from Kai's Team. So don't worry. Your cute little brother is somewhere in this room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter