The Star

December special

A/N :: Hey there my cupcakes!~

Brace yourselves in fluffy blankets, hot chocolate and good moods - new part of December cuteness is coming!

This one with special dedication for kobe24 as she was my inspiration to that piece!

 

(this gif is so cute *^*)

 

Enjoy~

 

*

 

 

Minseok was one of that quiet, extremely polite kids. He never was a problem, always kind and neat, full of compassion and patience. He also was first, except Junmyeon of course, who fully accepted Jongdae as a part of their family. Or even he did it, before Jongdae's boyfriend actually realized, he is in love with him. Chen and Minseok had a special bond.

So that’s why, when he came back from his rehearsal, Jongdae was so surprised seeing him now, almost arguing with his father.

“I said no, Minseok.” Junmyeon was getting angry. “Go to bed.”

Jun, who was sitting on the couch just few minutes ago, now was standing, his arms folded, brows frowned. He was looking down on his son with an authority, that was rare for him. Chen felt a bit sympathetic for the child. Yet he had to admit, it was kind of y, to see his boyfriend that way, not as an eternal pushover of his kids.

“Dad, please, I’m okay…” Minseok tried for the nth time. He normally wasn’t a stubborn one, actually he always did what he was told but now he looked desperate. “It’s…”

“Minseok! Have you suddenly lost ability to understand word ‘no’?”

“Jun, maybe…”

“Don’t!” He turned toward Chen like a serpent ready to attack. “I’m not going to drive around the hospitals with my son, because he gets pneumonia on the game.” Junmyeon turned back to Minseok. “Bed. Now.”

Kid looked deeply disappointed or even hurt but he just went to his room. He didn’t want to push his luck.

With a loud sigh, Junmyeon fell on the couch. He put heels of hands to his eyes, like it could help him get rid of the nasty feeling. Jongdae sat on the armrest by his side and ran fingers through elder’s hair. Jun looked at him agonized, seeking for solace, which he got in calming smile. He let Jongdae pull his head toward him and rested forehead on boyfriend’s chest. Chen left a butterfly kiss on the top of other’s head and said, that he’ll take care of Minseok. With that, he let Junmyeon go  and went to the kitchen, before heading to the boy’s room.

Zitao stuck out his little head above the couch armrest, studying, if it was already safe.

“Dad? Can I play with gege now?” A pair of big black eyes was fixated on him anticipating.

“No, buddy. I can play with you, alright?”

Toddler nodded, not understanding why he couldn’t play with his brother and why he needed to stay away from him for few past days. He wasn’t happy, because playing with his father want's so fun as playing with Minseok, but it would do.

*

Jongdae knocked softly and entered to the room. Minseok was sitting on his bed, covered with duvet and blankets, tissues were flying everywhere. Obviously he was holding back cry, even though it was hard to detect with his eyes glossy from fever and running nose. Boy didn’t even look at him, staring through the window.

Jongdae invited himself in and put the tray he was holding on the bedside table.

“I don’t need your pity,” he said bitterly, which sounded so odd, coming from a kid.

“It wasn’t my intention,” Chen said softly, perching on the edge of the bed. He knew that Minseok was very mature for his age but he still was a kid.

“I also know, dad’s right.” He turned his glassy eyes on Jongdae, eyeing him annoyed.

“That wasn’t my intention, too.”

Now boy looked clueless. He wasn’t getting comfort, he wasn’t getting scolded, so what was going on? Jongdae took his silence as a good sign, moving closer to the kid. He brushed away dark a bit sweaty hair from kid’s forehead with a soft smile. It was only few seconds before Minseok started to coughing like he was trying to expel a lung.

“I see you’ve gotten better,” Jongdae mocked a little. “Here,” he handed a cup with yuja cha to Minseok. Boy eyed it suspiciously, “that’ll make you feel better. Also Kyungsoo stepped by with a chicken soup for you. If you have to recover before the game, you need to get stronger.”

Now kid was totally confused.

“But dad said…”

“I know what Jun said.” Jongdae gave him a witty smile. “But if we bring you back on song and doctor says you can go, than Jun will let you go. All you have to do is get well quickly.”

Minseok blinked confused few times, needing time to process what he just heard. He wasn't sure if Jongdae was still mocking him or what.

Really?

Jongdae couldn't promise him that for sure but as he know Junmyeon and how big pushover for his kids he was, Chen was 99% positive,he was right. Yet it would be unfair to make empty promises.

I think so.

But that was enough for the child. He brightened for a moment, before turning back into a gloomy mood.

But I won't be able to go to practice...

You and Luhan are the best players in your team. For a shining star you are, you'll be just fine without training for few days. Jongdae gave him reassuring smile. He waited a moment, before kid stopped coughing and asked, You know what makes you a winner?

Minseok thought with a frown brows but he shook his head.

Self-confidence. Chen noticed an empty cup and replaced it with bowl of hot soup, which should be fine to eat by now. It's not the training and skills, that make you a winner. You can be best trained and skilled in the world but, he poke the tip of kid's nose lightly, which was a mistake, because he needed to hand him a tissue immediately, you won't win if you don't go on the pitch as a winner.

Minseok was looking at him with big bright eyes. There was a new hope in them. If Jongdae felt bad for acting behind Junmyeon's back even for second, now he had totally no doubts.