Chapter 6

Never Forget

“Welcome to Lu Cafe-Restaurant! So what d’you want to eat?” Luhan asked the tired looking girl beside him. They were in a cozy restaurant, just a few blocks away from their school. It was a small two-storey building which was nicely decorated, there was a chalkboard style menu and some fancy, comfortable chairs and tables. There were even some Polaroid photos of the customers at the corner, either taken while they are posing to the camera or candid ones. Most of the pictures were filled with young couples. 

“Uhm.. Why did you bring me here?” Seohyun asked when she noticed the Polaroid films. “It’s filled mostly with uh couples..”

Luhan noticed that she was feeling uncomfortable when they were surrounded with pair of people. “Ah, it’s not what you think! I just thought of bringing you here since it has a comforting atmosphere to relax. We can go upstairs, it’s not usually crowded there and it has more privacy. If not, we can go somewhere else if you want to.” 

“Ah, no no. I’m fine staying here. It’ll be rude to leave now when some of the staff noticed us entering here.” Seohyun glanced around the place and looked at Luhan. “Plus, I think their food here taste delicious same as how they smell nice.” As she gave him a small smile. 

Luhan grinned as he finally saw her smiling. With that, he asked one of the waiters to lead them upstairs, which was almost empty. They sat near by the window which they could see people walking on the sidewalk and cars passing by on the road. 

Seohyun’s face lit up when she saw something on the menu. “Ooo, they have sweet potato milkshake? Oh my gosh, I love sweet potato!” She exclaimed as she continued checking menu. 

Luhan chuckled and asked, “Shall we order our food then?” The latter nodded as Luhan pushed a small button to ring a short tune and showing their table number on a screen for the waiters to get their attention. 

After ordering their food, awkward silence invaded their atmosphere. Seohyun glanced around the place and wondered. “Do the customers do not know that there’s a second floor? Because It seems deserted here..” 

“Oh, it’s because this area is more of the so-called ‘Very Important Person’ area. Since some Idols want to relax and be ‘free’ from all the paparazzi and their schedules so this place was created. That means it’s more expensive to eat here than downstairs.” As Luhan explained, he noticed the latter’s frown. “Before you say something about the bills or something, I’m fine really! Because I know the owner of this restaurant.. As you can see, the name is ’Lu Cafe-Restaurant’. It’s my uncle’s business. I’m pretty sure he’s fine with this too.” As he smiled to her, reassuring her that it would be alright. 

Their food were finally served to them and they ate in silence. Every now and then, Luhan would steal glances at Seohyun to see her eating happily and enjoying her meal. ‘She must have been really hungry.’ He thought. ‘Awh, she looks so cute especially her chubby chee- Aish what am I thinking? Just eat Luhan. Eat.’ 

At that moment, Seohyun looked up from her food and saw Luhan having a troubled face. “Uhm, are you alright? You looked somewhat distressed.” 

“I-I’m fine I’m fine. But I’m worried what happened to you just now before our Math lesson?” Luhan managed to changed the subject instead. ’Phew. Nice save Luhan! I’ll give myself a pat on the back later.’ 

“Ah.. About that. Well, I was lost in my thoughts when the bell rang. Somehow I felt confused and lost. And I was hungry, so it added to my anxious state. I’ve never felt so lost in my life. I just didn’t know what to do at that moment..” Seohyun faced the doe-eyed guy who has been listening attentively at her. “Sigh I’m sorry if I’m whining about my problems to you.. You don’t really have to liste-“ 

“Hey, it’s alright. You may grumble or rant your feelings to me because from what I see, I think you’ve been bottling up your emotions for too long. That’s why you felt that high tension of emotions all of a sudden. You may have the ‘strict and proper personality’ but I’m pretty sure you’re just hiding your true self because you believe that people would judge you. Am I right?” 

Seohyun was shocked that he could see her through even though they just met yesterday. The things that Luhan said were true. Since young, she was known everywhere she goes due to her father’s position being the CEO of a huge and famous company. As she grew older, she thought that her life was being exposed when all she wanted was being an ordinary girl, not some celebrity. With that, she decided to conceal most of her emotions and the things she do in public. When she reached her second year in high school, she unwind a little bit and that’s when she opened up more to Taeyeon and Tiffany, and especially to Baekhyun, Chen, Xiumin and Sehun. Seeing how much her friends had put in a lot of effort to make her feel more welcome to the circle, she finally showed who she really is to them. She realised how happy she felt being with her friends and not hiding anything from them. And now, she showed to a guy, who she just met. 

Luhan thought he said something wrong. He was waiting for her response when she looked down and became quiet. “Are you okay? Did I say something wrong? I’m sorry. I know I shouldn’t have said something which I’m not sure yet. But will you please say somet-” 

Seohyun suddenly faced him and grinned, which startled him a lot. “I’m fine Luhan. I was just surprised at how you seem to see what’s behind my mask. I’m actually glad that you’ve given me that advice and I’ll think through about it. I’m really grateful that I have this conversation with you. In fact, I felt much better than before.” As she placed her hand on top of his and squeezed it gently to show how much she appreciated this moment. 

Luhan swore that his heart was beating so loudly that he was hoping that Seohyun would not hear it. Inside, he felt like jumping around but he just gave her a warm smile and replied, “I’m delighted too and you’re welcome, Joohyun ah. Uh sorry it slipped from my mouth. But can I call you that instead?” Thinking that she would get annoyed that he called her ‘Joohyun’ without any formalities but he heard a soft giggled and a nod from the lady. He was more than glad that he controlled his feelings at that time when all he wanted was to hug her for a long time.


After taking a shower, Lay heard an unfamiliar but sweet melody being played not too far from where he was standing. ‘Is Seohyun playing the piano?’ With curiosity, he opened the door of Seohyun’s so-called ‘relax room’ gently, not wanting Seohyun to be disturbed. 

“I did it! Oh my gosh! Finally!” Seohyun squealed contentedly as she has finished composing her own piece at last. She started dancing blissfully until she heard someone clapping and cheering by the door. 

“Well done my dear cousin. That was brilliant! I knew you’ll eventually produce a sweet and smoothing music. I’m so proud of you!” As Lay approached her and ruffled the latter’s hair who just smiled sweetly at him. “So what was your inspiration that made you write this song?” 

“Actually, I composed this last year and I stopped since I didn’t have enough uhm motivation I guess? Until just now, I’ve finally found what I’m looking for to complete this piece.” As she reminisced the events happened that afternoon. 


“Ah, she finally completed the song and it’s beautiful.” Luhan fantasised out loud after listening to the music, by the window in the music room. 

“That person did manage to finish the piece huh?” Baekhyun was inside the room as well, strumming the guitar when he heard the music. And his sudden comment made Luhan disrupt from his thoughts but who just smiled instead of nagging at Baekhyun from scaring him. “Wow it even prevented you from hitting me or scolding me. The power of music.” 

Baekhyun continued observing Luhan, who keeps smiling like a fool at his piano, decided to talk about something else. “So Lu hyung, are you going to the Activity Fair in school on Friday? You could check out the soccer booth.” 

“Hmm? Oh yeah. I will! There are no lessons at on that day right?” 

“Yeap! Let’s go there together and I’ll introduce you to my friends then.” 


Friday finally came and the field of Seoul Arts High School was filled with decorated booths and students walking around to check the different booths set up by the seniors, captains or the Leaders of every group, as well as some of the members. The Activity Fair is for the first year students and the newly transferees to get informations from the clubs they are interested in. 

Most of the juniors gathered around the volleyball booth, which was located at one of the ends of the field. Some of the girls were admiring one lady in the volleyball team. The team played a friendly match against themselves. During the match, the juniors and even the seniors were amazed at how she communicates well with her teammates and her leadership skills can be clearly shown. 

“Wow! No wonder she was voted to become the President for the School Council.” 

“I know right! Not only that, she has excellent performance in her academics. She’s always the top!” 

“Woah, she’s so perfect! I wanna be like her!” 

Compliments about this lady were evident, not only from the girls but from the guys as well. 

“Seohyun ah, you have a huge fan! Might be bigger than my boyfriend’s group!” 

“Aish Tae unnie.. Maybe they’re just talking about another girl in our team. Plus, you know how I’m not really fond having such attention from people.” As Seohyun pursed her lips while looking at her shorty friend. They were on the way to a shelter just a bit further from the field to take a rest since it was the end of their first shift. 

Taeyeon tiptoed, levelling Seohyun’s eyes and placed her hands on each of her shoulder. “I know dongsaeng ah, but your juniors think highly of you. You should be proud that these girls desire to be like their great role model, which is you.” Seohyun then hugged her, feeling grateful for having a friend like Taeyeon and being an older sister to her. 

“Awh you let Hyunnie hug you in school but not me?” The two ladies broke free when they heard a jealous Baekhyun walking towards them. He was with Tiffany and his group, and Lay seemed to be talking to another person. 

“Baekkie, it's a girl to girl thing that you won’t understand.” Taeyeon winked at her boyfriend and continued, “And is that Luhan, the new transferee that every girl, and maybe even guys, talked about?”  

Hearing his name, he immediately bowed and greeted himself, “Hello, I’m Luhan.” As he looked up to see the older girl nodded her head, he saw a familiar girl beside her. “Joohyun ah..” 

Everyone had the same reaction and blurted out, “‘Joohyun ah’??!?”