Chapter 4

Never Forget

‘Urgh’ 

Someone groaned to himself as he tried to focus on what’s happening on the board. “When is this lesson going to end?” He mumbled while scribbling on his notebook which was filled with doodles at every corner. 

“Just ten more minutes and we’ll be dismissed soon. So, you better listen to the professor rather than doodling on your notebook.” 

Luhan was startled when he heard the sound of irritation coming from his left. He slowly turned his head to see whose voice it belonged to. But he was mesmerised by the person. She was like an angel who has porcelain-white skin which seems so soft to touch even by just looking at it and her straight brownish-black hair that falls naturally in front of her face whenever she bends to write something down on her notebook. Though her eyes looks so fierce which contradicts to her innocent looking face. But that captivated Luhan even more. Also, not to mention her perfect looking body. And he was about to daydream more of what he was not supposed to think of when he heard her voice again. 

“You better not be thinking about something weird when you’re staring at me like that.” 

“Ahhh.. Ha ha ha.. N-no no no, I-I was just looking at yo-“ Luhan stuttered, “the view! I was looking at uhm the view outside the window, yeah..” He faced the other way with an embarrassed look on his face. ‘Wow Luhan, such a great way to come up with an excuse! I’m such an idiot.’ He scolded himself for looking like a fool in front of a girl who he just met. 

“Ah I see, so I guess you didn’t catch what our professor was saying. He briefly explained about our upcoming project that we are going to do next lesson.”  

The shocked lad faced her and then the front, realising that the professor was already bidding them goodbye and some students started rushing out of the class to get home quickly. 

“How pity. Alright, since you’re a new student, I’ll let you borrow my notebook. You can give it back to me tomorrow.” As the lady handed her white notebook to Luhan who was bowing repeatedly to her. “So next time, never forget to pay attention in class, got it?”

With that, he was left alone as the girl brisk walked out of the class. Luhan wondered who could that charismatic angel be but he smacked his forehead as he forgot to ask her name. He checked the notebook he was holding but all he found were initials. Luhan read the initials written on the notebook, ’S. J. H.’

Luhan wondered as he sat back on his chair. “Damn.. We’ve been sitting next to each other the whole day but I didn’t noticed her?” The lad continued groaning and murmuring to himself that he didn’t notice a person entered the classroom and sat beside him. 

“Wow, you’re really deep in your thoughts that you weren’t even aware that I’m here.” 

Luhan jumped out from his seat and fell on his bum. “Byun Baekhyun! You know how scared I am whenever you try to interrupt me in my deep thoughts aish.” He exclaimed while straightening his uniform. 

“Aish aish aish!” Baekhyun said mockingly. “What were you thinking anyway? It’s only the first day of school but you seem so agitated somehow. Did the teachers give you loads of homework?” 

“No, no, no, nothing like that. I was just thinking about this classmate of mine and somehow my mind just led me to the mysterious pianist. I don’t know why but I just have this gut feeling that they have a connection?” 

Baekhyun looked at him with one of his eyebrow up, “Uh-huh.. You know what, I think you’re getting weirder. Let’s just go home now and get some relaxation remedy with your piano or whatever okay? And then, we’ll talk about this when um you have become normal hmm?” 

“Hey I’m not crazy okay? aish.” Luhan defended himself but his friend just rolled his eyes at him while standing up from the seat. 

“Pshh, let’s just go home now.” With that, they walked out of the classroom and went home. 


“Hyun, do you know how to do this question?” As Lay entered Seohyun’s room without knocking, which startled the lady from her deep trance. 

“Zhang Yixing! Oh my gosh! Please knock on the door next time before entering or even saying something?! Geez”

Lay just laughed at her as he handed the question paper to her, “What were you daydreaming anyway?”  

“I was listening to the music piece. That person is playing the song I was so obsessed about.” Seohyun pointed towards her balcony and Lay was amazed by the melody of the music he just heard. 

“Ah I see, it’s pretty good!” 

“I know right! I wish he would play that song everyday whenever I want to” Seohyun wished dreamily as she twirled her chair around. 

“He? Do you know this person, Hyun? Is he one of your friends?” 

Seohyun immediately stopped spinning her chair as she laughed nervously, “Well.. Actually no, I haven’t. I said ‘he’ because my gut feelings just told me so..?” 

Lay couldn’t believe what his cousin just said and so he laughed at her. “Woah cuz, I didn’t know you’re dreaming about guys now.” After stating that, he was replied by a punched on his shoulder. “Ow?!!?! What was that for? I was just complimenting you that you’ve actually becoming a girl!” And again, he was hit on the same shoulder. “Ow!” 

“Somehow I didn’t know how to answer your question now” Seohyun yawned and went back to her own work. 

“Okay okay! I won’t tease you anymore sheesh. So, will you please help me with this question?” With that, Seohyun grinned and decided to help her cousin. 


“Luhan, do you ever get tired of playing that song?” Baekhyun asked after the song ended. They were in their music room. It has two shelves near the doorway that are filled with music sheets, two acoustic guitars at the other side of the doorway, a set of drums beside the guitars and one black grand piano standing near the window. Luhan was playing his very own composed piece while Baekhyun was playing with his phone. 

Luhan turned to face his friend and crossed his legs. “Nope, it’s an important piece to me. Plus, it helps me relax rather than playing with a digital device.” 

Baekhyun peeked from his phone with a look on his face. “Seriously? You play with your phone too! And and and you change your phone whenever a new iPhone is advertised. You already had the iPhone 6 even before it was released!”

“H-hey! I’m just an Apple fan but I don’t use it as often as you bleh!” 

Baekhyun just laughed at his friend. He was about to return to his digital world when he noticed something. “Hyung, what’s that on the piano?” 

Luhan picked up the object that Baekhyun was referring to. “Ah, this? I borrowed this from one of my classmates. Apparently, I wasn’t paying attention during my last lesson and the professor was announcing something important. Thankfully, this girl who was sitting next to me let me borrow her notebook” 

“Wow. A girl huh? Lu’s getting attention from a girl on his first day. Woo!” Baekhyun stood up and danced wildly while doing the ‘woo’ sounds.

“Aish no I’m not! And what's so great about that when it's only one?! But anyway, this girl seems.. I don’t know how to say. She seems strict or something?” 

Baekhyun stopped whatever he was doing instantly. “Wait, did you just say that a girl is strict?!” 

“Uhm yeah? But maybe she’s just like that to strangers or n-“ Before he could continue, Baekhyun approached him and grasp his shoulders to shake the confused Luhan. 

“Do not, I repeat, do not make stupid mistakes in front of her in school! Never!” 

“Wait what? You know who I’m talking about?” Luhan asked who’s confused as ever. 

Breaking hold of his shoulder, “There’s only one girl, or should I say person, who has that kind of personality in our school. She’s well-known for her strict and proper personality in school, her excellent grades and especially her looks.” 

“Uhm okay? It’s not like I’m a rude or a rascal person anyway. I was just too tired just now that’s why I didn’t pay attention in class. And hey, you remember who I was in my school in Beijing right?” 

“Yeah yeah, you were the President of the Student Council and the Captain of the Soccer team. I know I know. But I’m just warning you Lu, because I know her since.. sigh she’s one of my closest friends in school.” 

Luhan’s eyes were as wide as an owl. “Are you kidding me?? Will you please tell me who she is?” Luhan thought that it’ll be a good opportunity to know her. 

“Why would you want to know her? Wait.. Don’t tell me you’re having a crush on her?” 

“Hmm uhm I dunno” Luhan answered nervously. “Aish if you don’t want to tell me then I’ll find my own ways then.” 

“Luhan!! Even if you try, you can’t! She’s not interested to any guys. All the guys in our school tried to please her, charm her, win over her heart but her heart is still as cold as ice. No one could break that.” 

Luhan pondered for a while and asked, “How did you become friends with her when she’s like that?” 

“Well, I got to know her because of my girlfriend.” 

“Wait you have a girlfriend and you didn’t even tell me?” 

“Yes shush, pay attention.Well, about 3 years ago, it was our last day of our middle school year when I finally had the courage to confess to the girl I love and asked her to be my girl. That’s when she introduced me to her two best friends and one of them was the girl you’re talking about. My pals and I tried to involve her in our outings, even her friends were persuading her to come as we would be hanging out more often since we ended up in the same high school. She’s a hard nut to crack! My girlfriend told me that she’s always like that when it comes to boys. Only last year that she finally opened up to her guy friends and she’s treating us as her brothers. She seems cold and all but when you get to know her better, she’s actually really nice and quite perky at times."

Baekhyun paused for a second and continued, "And oh, I should tell you about my friends since I’m in this topic. There are 7 of us, 4 guys and 3 girls. The other 3 guys, besides me, are Kim Minseok who’s good in soccer like you, Oh Sehun who acts cool and stuff but whenever he sees a bubble tea shop, he’ll act like a cute kid to you to buy him one! Both of them are in Dance course. And then, there’s Kim Jongdae who’s in the same course as us but he’s in your class. For the girls: Kim Taeyeon, my lovely Taetae. By the way, she and Jongdae are twins and they both have the gift of singing that’s why they’re in Music course. She’s in my class though. There’s Tiffany Hwang who’s in Art course. And finally, Seo Joohyun, the most prim and proper girl you’ve ever seen. So any questions?” Baekhyun finished his short introduction about his friends as he clasped his hands. 

“Seo Joohyun hmm?” Luhan mumbled to himself as he stood up from his seat and he smiled unknowingly. He left the room with the white notebook in his hand, leaving the dumbfounded Baekhyun behind. 

“Hey! Are you going to ignore me now when you finally know her name? Hyung?!” Baekhyun called out to his friend but only heard a door closing. “Aish, this Luhan ah. First, it was this random person and now, it’s Seohyun?”