Sky Full of Star

Till There Was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7:

 

She took two weeks off from work to gather her thoughts and relax. And relax she did. Every day she went on a short trip to a place she had not been before. Sometimes her friends came with her, but mostly, she went alone. So she could think. She thought about this past year, and she thought about Jiyong. She had realized he was not only an amazing singer, but also a wonderful person. A person she would have to forget. It would be hard with his face everywhere, but she would do it.

She visited old temples, climbed mountains (not to the top, it was winter after all), went to hot springs with her friends, and sat in traditional parks, enjoying the view.

Today she and Dadoong went to the Han River, where she usually jogged. She once again planned to spend the day here and relax.

It was a cold, sunny day, and the wind made the branches move around. She played with Dadoong on the snow, throwing snowballs and laughing at his acrobatics. At one point, the dog got tired and lied down on the snow, rolling around and scratching his back on the ground.

''You silly dog.''

Dara laughed and sat down next to him on a piece of wood, caressing his head. The dog calmed down and fell asleep.

Dara stared in front of her, watching the snowflakes and listening to the sound of wind. The air was fresh and she enjoyed the calm atmosphere.

She was so lost in her world that she did not hear someone walk towards her. She did no hear him stop behind her and did not see him stare at her.

''You're hard to find, Sandara Park.'' He spoke up and Dara jumped in surprise, turning her head to the side to see if she heard right.

She did.

Kwon Jiyong in all his black-hair and light brown eyes glory was standing there, gazing at her.

''Jiyong-ssi!'' she exclaimed and the dog looked up, wiggling his tail in happiness. He walked towards Jiyong and let him pat his head.

Jiyong sat down next to her and stared in front of him.

''You know…'' he started. ''I've been looking for you everywhere these past days, but you were nowhere to find.''

Dara stared at him, her heart rushing, and her cheeks flushing. She could not believe he was here. She could not believe he was actually sitting here with her. She touched his sleeve to see if he really was here. He looked at her and she removed her hand.

''I… I took a vacation and took a few trips around. I'll be home from today on until I start work again.'' She stuttered, explaining, still not really there.

They were both silent for some time, but then Dara finally came to herself.

''What- I mean… Is it safe for you to be here? Someone might-''

''Yeah, no worries. No one would notice me here unless they really looked.''

He gave her a half smile that made her heart fly. So much for forgetting about him.

”But last time-''

''Last time someone called the press. They had paid him good. There's no one else here now.''

Dara nodded, wanting to ask so many questions, but not daring to.

''How… How have you been?'' she asked instead and gulped. It was hard facing him, and stay calm at the same time.

Jiyong shrugged. ''Had to hide for some time until the press calmed down.''

''I'm sorry this happened in my library. I didn't know…''

''I know. It happens.''

He stared at her, feeling much better now that he had seen her after so much time.

''You've been looking for me?'' she finally smiled and his heart jumped a little.

He seriously wanted to kiss her.

''Yeah…'' he pulled out seven tickets to the Bigbang concert.

''I wanted to give you this. Come to my concert next week.''

Dara stared at the ticket in confusion, but then took them.

''Why?''

She had a strange feeling with this. It made her a little frightened.

”Just come. Bring your friends. You have the front row.''

He smiled and Dara looked at the tickets.

Really. They were right in front of the stage.

Jiyong stood up and Dara almost jumped after him.

''Jiyong?''

When he looked at her again, she seemed as if she was about to go after him, her eyes wide and her hands shaking a little. She looked beautiful.

''Do you want to go for coffee? Tea?'' she rambled, just to keep him for herself a little longer.

He wanted to say yes of course. He liked her so he wanted to spend more time with her, but someone could see them…

''Maybe next time.''

Her shoulders fell.

''Come to the concert, Sandara Park.'' He told her and gazed at her for a few more moments.

Then he turned around, waived his hand, and walked away.

Dara stared at him, the tickets in her hand. Dadoong watched Jiyong go, his tail wagging.

''Why does he want me on the concert?'' she asked aloud and looked at the tickets. She patted Dadoong's head and looked around thoughtfully.

''He's still the same.'' She smiled and hugged her dog.

''What do you think? Should I go or not?''

Dadoong nuzzled her ear and she giggled.

''I'll go of course.''

In the meantime, Kwon Jiyong walked back home. Hope spread through his whole body like a bomb after he had seen her reaction. She looked like she was about to cry, but at the same time, he noticed her hand touching him. He wanted to stay with her and spend some time with her, but they could have been seen together and he did not want to cause trouble for her.

''Maybe this could be it.'' He whispered to himself as he entered a taxi and drove off

 

''Just where the hell did you get these tickets?!'' Park Bom exclaimed for the hundred times since they arrived at the concert hall.

Dara invited her girlfriends to the first Bigbang concert after their almost a year long vacation.

Thousands of fans have already been gathering at the gate, but Dara was too nervous to notice.

''I told you, they were a gift from a customer.'' She smiled at Bom and looked around.

Bom rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue.

''A rich customer I'd say. Do you have any idea how much do these tickets cost? They cost… They… I don't even know!''

''Lucky us we have Dara as a friend, then.'' Lydia smiled and tapped her friend on the shoulder.

''Just be happy, Unnie. These tickets have been sold out for months and we have front row. Enjoy.'' Commented Minzy and took pictures of the mass of people around her.

''Man… How many people can be in here?''

''When does it start?'' asked Marshall Bang and grinned like a child on Christmas eve.

''I can't wait anymore. This is so very cool. Dara, you have the best customers in the world. If they always thank you like that, can you get me a job in the library?'' he joked and Dara laughed.

''But seriously… Front row? That's…'' Lee Hi looked around in awe as they moved forward in the row to the main concert hall. It was taking long for the security guys to check the mass of people, but slowly more and more people got in.

Chanhyuk and Seohyun did not say much for they were still in shock to actually hold tickets like these.

It was crazy. The only sound they actually produced when the girls finally had their tickets cut, was

''Finally!''

They walked into the huge concert hall, to the front, right in front of the stage. The hall was slowly filling with people and Dara's heart sped up as the lights went out and the backstage workers made sure the lights work properly. Half an hour later, it started.

The mass of people went wild. Girls screamed as the first drums hit and announced the group. Lights travelled around the stage in a mix of red, blue, and finally golden. The audience drowned out the sound of the starting music with their screams, and thousands of flashes illuminated the place because of the entire photo taking.

The concert started.

Music starts to play, and the audience went wild once Bigbang appeared on stage.

Dara's heart almost gave in.

There he was.

 Standing right in the middle in front of his mic, his eyes closed, waiting for the intro to change into the actual song. And when it did, he opened his eyes, taking in the mass of people.

He smirked.

The screaming drowned out the music.

''So we're back again!'' he said before the song began.

In the middle of the night, when the angels scream,

I don't want to live a lie that I believe.

Time to do or die.

The audience sang with the group and so did Dara. Her eyes were glued to the man that made her hope for crazy things, and her whole body felt like it was seconds before exploding. He sang perfectly, giving his all, his group supporting him.

Dara and her friends had fun and were laughing and screaming, and taking photos of Bigbang.

The peak of the concert was when Bigbang introduced their two new songs.

“So I wrote them during my vacation.'' Jiyong grinned at his audience.

''I had an incredible inspiration and couldn't help myself but put this together.''

His eyes suddenly found Dara and he stared at her so intensely, her knees wobbled. Her cheeks felt suddenly so hot, and her heart went so wild that she had problems to breath. His sudden gaze took her by surprise, and she was taken aback by how much it hit her. They stared at each other, the audience not noticing anything.

''I really hope you'll like it.''

He said before the music started. He did not avert his eyes from Dara.

There were bells on a hill.

But I never heard them ringing.

No, I never heard them at all.

’Till there was you.

There were birds in the sky.

But I never saw them winging.

No, I never saw them at all.

Till there was you.

Then there was music and wonderful roses.

They tell me in sweet fragrant meadows.

Of dawn and dew.

There was love all around.

But I never heard it singing.

No, I never heard it at all.

Till there was you.

Then there was music and wonderful roses.

They tell me in sweet fragrant meadows.

Of dawn and dew.

There was love all around.

But I never heard it singing.

No, I never heard it at all.

Till there was you.

Till there was you.

As the audience screamed, Dara did not hear them. She only heard him, saw him, and she had tears in her eyes and a smile on her face. Jiyong smiled at her, and then finally looked at his audience.

The hall went wild as the next song started and it continued until the very last song

'Cause you're a sky, cause you're a sky full of stars.

I'm gonna give you my heart.

'Cause you're a sky, cause you're a sky full of stars.

'Cause you light up the path.

I don't care, go on and tear me apart.

I don't care if you do.

'Cause in a sky, cause in a sky full of stars.

I think I saw you.

'Cause you're a sky, cause you're a sky full of stars.

I want to die in your arms, arms.

'Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark.

I'm going to give you my heart.

And I don't care, go on and tear me apart.

And I don't care if you do.

'Cause in a sky, cause in a sky full of stars.

I think I see you.

I think I see you.

Because you're a sky, you're a sky full of stars.

Such a heavenly view.

You're such a heavenly view.

The whole hall screamed louder than Bigbang sang. And as the last beat fell, it erupted into a crazy euphoria of screaming, clapping, and calling for more.

 

It took a very long time before people started going out of the hall, but many still waited for the members to give autographs. They were all standing at each side of the carpet, to get a glimpse of the members. The girls did the same, and as the members walked out, more screams erupted.

Dara was sure he did not see her, but once again, he locked eyes with her and she was one of the few lucky ones who got something written on the piece of paper.

For a second, he touched her hand and sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter