Life Spent in Love

Till There Was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11:

 

When Jiyong brought Dara home and introduced her to his family, Dara almost cried of fear. She did not know how to behave around a family. She never had one; and even if she had met all of her friends' families, this was different. Her past boyfriends were not celebrities. She did not need to be afraid of distrust. With Jiyong it was more complicated.

So that evening, half a year into their dating, when Jiyong brought Dara home for dinner with his parents and sister, Dara felt like dying. Even Jiyong looked nervous.

''I hope they will like me.''

Dara muttered, while waiting for the door to open.

''They will. No worries. The fact that it's been long since I officially introduced someone to them is reason enough.''

Jiyong admitted and clenched her hand. He only introduced one girl before Dara to his parents if he was honest. And it had been back in high school.

When the door opened and Jiyong's mother welcomed them with a tight hug, they both relaxed.

''He did tell me a few things about you, but I'm glad I get to know you more now.'' Jiyong’s mom told her while leading them both to the dining room.

''Dara, this is my father, my sister Dami, and her husband Yoon.''

Jiyong introduced her to his family. They all shook hands with her and smiled.

“So yeah…''

Jiyong started awkwardly.

''This is Sandara Park, my girlfriend.''

''Aww, he's shy!'' Dami brother and Jiyong glared at her.

''Come on, sit down both of you. Mom's been going crazy not knowing what to cook and now she wants to present you with her master piece.'' Jiyong’s mom glared at her daughter, but smiled at Dara.

''Don't mind her. She just can't believe that her brother plays shy.''

Dara noticed that Jiyong’s mom and Yoon brought the food to the table and through conversations; she learned that the man is a chef.

She learned many embarrassing things about Jiyong and his childhood and laughed at Mr. Kwon's jokes. She felt very comfortable and happy to have met Jiyong's family.

And she was not sad that she never had a family like this one, but it made her a little melancholic.

''So, Dara… You're a librarian? How in the world did Jiyong find you?'' Mrs. Kwon asked jokingly and Dara and Jiyong looked at each other and laughed.

The family watched them curiously and with a smile, waiting for the explanation.

''Actually…''

Dara started.

''I ran away from Sohee.''

Jiyong continued a little embarrassed.

''You ran away from your ex?'' Dami asked in disbelieve. She was Sohee's ex-friend and knew that the blonde was a little… extravagant… but running away…

''I just came from vacation and was officially still somewhere on the islands. I walked down the street, when I saw her and her friends walk towards me. She would have recognized me, so I hid in the library.''

''I found him behind a shelf, whispering into his phone for help and he looked like he might scream when I asked him what was going on.''

“I did not. You just surprised me. And I thought you might recognize me and tell the press.''

''Yeah, yeah. He almost panicked, but then I told him to just find a book and read. So he did.''

Dara laughed and Jiyong glared at her playfully.

The family watched them a little in awe, and looked at each other smiling. The two were in love.

''When did that happen?'' Mr. Kwon wanted to know.

The pair looked up and thought about it.

''Um… A year and a half ago, I think. Maybe a few months

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter