The Sky Collapses

Till There Was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5:

 

Jiyong practically skipped to the library, hardly waiting to see her. He simply could not help himself. While he was stalking the girl on Facebook, he realized that his behaviour was not normal. At least not normal for supposed acquaintances or friends. The way he was behaving was more like being in love…

‘But was he?.’

Not yet. But he was getting there. He seriously liked her and he decided that he is going to ask her out today.

On a date.

On a serious date.

Maybe even tell her to bring Dadoong with her, so the dog would not be alone. He did not really have a plan yet, but he was going to come up with one once he walks into the library.

Most probably, he will stop thinking as soon as he sees her smile, but who cares. He can stutter his way out dammit.

He had been going through her Facebook photo albums and could not help himself but admire her. She and her friends were traveling a lot and on each of the pictures, she looked beautiful. At least to him. And when he thought about the way she spoke and, she sounded and smelled…

His world changed at that moment. He felt like flying. He had to put down the words and the melody and he had a new song.

He admitted. He was smitten with her.

And today, he would ask her out.

As he walked into the library, his whole body reacted as he saw her. She looked up and her eyes paralyzed him, made him lose breath, and he stopped thinking.

''Hey…''

Dara greeted him with a soft smile as he walked into the library. Jiyong smiled back at her, looking cool and confident and Dara could not help but feel her heart beat a little faster.

''Hey… What do you have for me today?'' he stared at her with his steady light brown eyes, making her hands and legs shake a little. He made her very nervous and not because he was the star of Korea, but because he was he. The way he was; how he looked like, how he behaved, how he smelled, spoke, moved… He made her feel like a love-sick girl.

He stopped in front of the counter and leaned on it, watching her move around. She had thick books all around the counter and she started putting them together.

''Plenty, actually. So here's GRRM's next book, a few from Tolkien, and others are from authors that aren't that known – but they are also really good.'' She explained through her word diarrhea.

She was blushing all over her face and she looked confused. Jiyong grinned at her, as if knowing exactly what was going on with her. He most probably did of course. He did know quite a lot about girls. And this one in particular seemed quite sensitive to his presence.

He leaned a little closer and heard her breath hitch. She quickly moved back and hit a box of books with the back of her leg. A few books fell to the floor for the pile was bigger than the box and Dara crouched down cursing.

She heard the man on the other side of the counter laugh and playfully glared at him. He winked at her and moved away from the counter to walk around it to help her. But before he could make a step, the door of the library opened once more.

Dara was just gathering the books when she heard a gasp of shock.

''It is him!'' a man yelled and Jiyong turned towards the voice in surprise.

Suddenly a horde of photographers, reporters, and paparazzi rushed in with flashes of cameras and thousand and one question.

Dara slowly stood up and stared in shock at the mass of people that surrounded the superstar like a wave of water. Other people who had been in the library all this time came looking what was going on and took a few pictures with their own phones.

Questions and screams filled the whole library, people gathering around a stoic GDragon like bees. He glanced at Dara for a few moments, taking in her surprised and a little frightened expression, making her look at him in question and panic for the well-being of her library, before he turned away, put his shades on, smirked confidently, and made his way through the mass of people towards the exit. Dara watched his figure disappear.

The mass followed him and in a minute Dara and those who had been working and reading in the library stayed behind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter