Bookish Nerds

Till There Was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2:

 

And believe it or not, for the next few days Kwon Jiyong read books. He jogged in the morning, went out with his friends in the afternoon, and then read until late in the evening. He was still fascinated with the music theory as he used to be. He got through the books in a week, and on Wednesday, he brought the books back.

Dara stared at him in shock once she saw him in front of the counter. This time, she did not wear that hot hot hot outfit. She wore comfortable jeans, a T-shirt, sneakers, and had her hair in a messy bun.

 ''Oh, hello. Brought the books back already?''

Jiyong smirked.

''Yeah. Read them all. Still as cool as always.''

Dara smiled.

''That's great. If you want other books, feel free to look around.''

She told him and scanned the books again. Jiyong walked through the library and looked around. He would never admit that to anyone but Taeyang, but he was a huge nerd. A nerd and a geek. If it were not for his music career, he would most probably end up as a computer freak with a love for books. Beside his guitar, books were the only ones making his heart speed up.

He looked around not noticing Sandara Park's eyes on his back. She could not believe it. The G-Dragon was in her library, borrowing books. When she realized who he was last week, she almost freaked out. Having a celebrity as your costumer was mind wrecking, but she stopped herself from causing a ruckus and faced him calmly.

Today he surprised her once again. She did not actually believe he himself would come back. She guessed he would send someone to bring back the books, but here he was. It was not as if she was one of those extreme fans or something. She liked his music and she liked his performances – well Bigbang's performances, and she did like to read about them in the newspaper. However, she was also aware that he was officially still somewhere else and she should not say anything.

Still, her heart beat a little faster and she was very happy to have someone like him in her library. It was something she would squeal about and tell her friends about it, but she kept calm and cool. She needs to stay professional.

She glanced his way one more time, admiring his figure. Gosh… He did look good. Very very good. She just hoped she would not blush like a teenager once he faces her again.

Jiyong in the meantime walked around the silent library (no one noticed him for they were too occupied with their books), and checked out books. He took one here and there and leafed it through. After a good hour, he came back to the counter where Dara handled a few returned books and cleared his throat to make her notice him.

She jumped a little.

''Oh! You found some books. Great. I'll scan them in a minute. Just let me take care of these.''

Jiyong shrugged. ''No problem. I can wait.''

Dara quickly handled the other books and then took his. She noticed that this time, beside the music books, he also borrowed a few fantasy books.

''You know, I can find some books for you until next time, so you won't need to search for them. You just need to write down the genre and then choose from the offered ones.''

''Yeah? Then I'll do that. Although I must admit I like to walk through the library. It's… nice…'' Jiyong told her, watching her work. She really was pretty.

''I agree. There's that adrenalin rush while going through these corridors.'' She smiled at him with bright eyes, enthusiasm written all over her face.

Jiyong guessed she gave him a glance of her true personality. She quickly got serious again and cleared .

''You can put the genres on that paper.'' She indicated to the pile of small papers on the counter.

''All right.'' He wrote down his wishes and looked at her.

''But it's true. We nerds can't help but go mad for a good story.''

He took his books and saluted her in goodbye, a half smile now on his face.

Dara bowed her head slightly and watched him disappear. She stifled a giggle, but could not prevent the blush to spread all over her face. She could not believe that her favourite singer talked with her casually. She was so happy she could scream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter