The Star among Dust

Till There Was You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4:

 

Every week, Kwon Jiyong came into the library to borrow books. It became a part of his routine and he liked it – not only because he loved books, but also because he liked a certain person working there. He did not admit it to himself yet, but his mind was already whispering to him that he was slowly walking towards her direction.

There was one week he walked into the library and he did not see her behind the counter. His heart fell for a moment until he heard her voice from somewhere behind the shelves. He tiptoed to the spot and watched her from the other side. He had to smile at seeing the scene in front of her.

''Now, who wants to read the prince's part?'' she asked with a kind smile, the group of small children enthusiastically raising their hands.

''Me!'' they called over each other, almost jumping on their small chairs. They looked so happy with their eyes big and bright, their voices high and pitchy. Dara smiled gently at them and choose one of the boys.

''And who wants to be the princess?'' she asked the few girls in the group – they were all sitting in a circle, all having an open book on their laps. The girls too raised their hands. Dara choose one.

''All right, and I will read the story. You ready?'' she put a hair curl behind her ear and Jiyong's heart skipped a beat. She looked to beautiful surrounded by children. Her voice pulled him out of his thoughts.

''The evil king chased her out of the kingdom and she had no choice but to run away.'' She spoke with a deep, dramatic voice that kept the children on their toes. They were looking at her with big, expecting eyes, drinking in everything she told them.

''The princess hid herself in the deep, dark forest. She was alone and scared, and she did not know what to do.'' Dara looked at the girl who had to read the princes and the little girl read.

Jiyong watched the reading session and was fascinated with the way Dara was handling the children. They were all in love with her and he felt that if she gave so much attention to him, he would not stand a chance against her. She was so gentle and innocent that he could not help himself but feel attracted.

He was about to move away and go home, when Dara glanced his way. Her eyes widened as she noticed him and she held her hand in the air to tell him to wait a moment.

''Who wants to be the storyteller?'' they all wanted and she laughed.

''What do you say that each one of you reads a line? All right?”

They all enthusiastically agreed and she stood up, telling them she would be right back. They kept reading without her.

Once she reached him, she smiled brightly.

''Hello. I'm sorry I wasn't at the counter. We have a reading session for the children today and-''

''It's all right. I brought the books back I finished. I still have a few to read, so no problem.'' He interrupted her gently, still feeling that strong warmth in his chest.

Dara sensed the change, but did not comment on it.

''Great. But I do have one book prepared for you. Come.''

She indicated for him to follow her and he did. Once they arrived at one of the book shelves, Dara searched for a book and pulled it out.

''Here. Tales of Otori. Wonderful thing. You will want to read it.''

She gave him the three books and he looked at them, then at her.

''They don't have the library code on it.'' He noticed.

''They're mine. They're all borrowed already so I decided to lend you mine.'' She smiled shyly.

He was surprised, but very happy.

''Really? Thank you. I will take good care of it.'' He grinned at her and noticed she averted her eyes. He wanted to ask if something was wrong, but then noticed the gentle blush on her face. It made him feel fantastic.

She cleared . ''All right then. I have to go back to the children. Please take care of the books and I'd love to have a discussion about them sometime.''

''Sure.'' They walked back down the aisle where the children were still reading.

''You're great with children.'' He told her.

''Thank you. I love them. And I love to show them the wonders of literature. This group here is very enthusiastic.'' She smiled.

''I noticed.'' He laughed and then scratched the back of his neck.

''All right then. Don't want to disturb anymore.''

''Oh no, you aren't. I would ask you to join us if it weren't for the fact that you-''

''Yeah… Someone could see me.'' He shrugged.

''Ok, Thanks for the books. I'll bring them back safely next time.'' He smirked, walking towards the exit. He heard her say 'bye' and glanced her way one more time, realizing, she was watching him go. He waived one more time and then walked out.

 

A few weeks later, things changed again. It was a great morning for Kwon Jiyong. His manager called him that after his almost one year long vacation, his group would give 20 more concerts and interviews – and that would be just the beginning. He should enjoy freedom now that he still has it. After the vacation, work was guaranteed.

Jiyong also used this time to think of new songs. He already had a few ideas. He had two melodies and lyrics for six different songs. He did not like them yet, there was still something off, something missing, they were just words in a perfect form, but… To put it frankly, he was an artist, and artist needed the feeling… You know… When you create something, you need to feel it, associate it with something, someone, but he still does not. There is a form building in his mind, but it is still just a form, not something that would make his heart beat a little faster.

As usually, he sought inspiration in the morning while jogging through the park. The fresh air, the quiet, and the calm atmosphere always made him feel content. It was not perfect because he still had to wear sunglasses and his hat, but it was better than being in a gym.

This morning too he jogged in the Han River Park and thought about different things. He thought about his career, his group, and his life in general. He also thought about Sandara Park, the hot librarian girl that m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter