Astronaut

Cotton Candy
a/n: Super short and super random. Was a little hesitant to post this...but here it goes.
 
"Fany?"
 
"Yes baby?"
 
"I think I have found my passion in life."
 
"Kim Taeyeon. We have to wake up in exactly three hours and...fifteen minutes to catch our flight tomorrow and you want to talk about your passion?" Tiffany rubbed her sleepy eyes and cuddled closer to her girlfriend, closing her eyes. "Your passion can wait, my sleep can't wait."
 
Taeyeon, who was wearing the pajamas dotted with tiny space rockets and aliens, frowned in the darkness of their shared bedroom.
 
"This is really important for me to talk about right now. I can't sleep unless I get it out of my chest." She scrunched her nose cutely, pouting her lips. 
 
Exasperated, the other woman sighed (she should have been used to her girlfriend's randomness by now) and laid on her back. "You have five minutes to talk about it. If you're not done with it, I am moving to the couch." 
 
Taeyeon sat up almost immediately in excitement and blurted out the most ridiculous statement Tiffany had heard ever since they started dating. And to think Tiffany thought she had heard them all after nearly seven years of being together. 
 
"I think I want to become an astronaut."
 
Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows, and lets out a sigh. "You are too old-"
 
"Neil Armstrong was 39 when he landed on the moon!"
 
"And too short."
 
"Well...nobody says an astronaut has to be tall!" Taeyeon retorted. 
 
"Remember the last time you found your passion? You nearly burnt down our apartment." Tiffany suppressed a chuckle as she recalled her baby's attempt at becoming a chef. She came home one night to find a disheveled Taeyeon with her pink apron messing with a pot of burnt stew. They ended up having to order takeaway that night. And the next few nights. 
 
"Okay Fany. For the record, I was following exactly the steps on Masterchef. They weren't clear with the instructions. Also, that was supposed to be more of a side gig. This on the other hand, is serious."
 
"Alright, alright." Tiffany looked at the clock hanging on the walls of their bedroom. 2am. "Why don't we talk about this tomorrow? An astronaut would need sufficient sleep as well." 
 
"True." Taeyeon nodded in agreement. Truth be told, she was getting sleepy after spending most of the night reading up on the Apollo 11's exploits to the moon. She yawned as she curled up closer to her girlfriend for warmth, melting into Tiffany's arms. As per their nightly routine, she kissed Tiffany before shutting her eyes. And minutes later, she was off to the moon. In her dreamland, of course. 
 
"Silly woman." Tiffany muttered to herself. All thanks to Taeyeon, she wasn't sleepy anymore. She smiled as she watched the gently snoring woman, tenderly caressing her cheeks.