Wheels in love

Cotton Candy

a/n: Something random that I wrote really long ago. Heartskipper 2 is still in progress.

Pokes her cheeks.

No respond.

Pokes her cheeks again.

The drowsy girl let out a grunt, burying her cheeks deeper on the other girl’s collarbone.

“TaeTae”

A muffled grunt.

“I have something important to discuss with you.”

The girl looked up hazily with her droopy, half opened eyes, her right arm still slung across Tiffany’s stomach.

“Hmm..?”

“Do you think I should learn how to cycle?”

“Fany…you woke me up in the middle of the night to discuss this with me? Cmon, let’s just sleep. She closed her eyes and hugged the girl tighter, resting her head back on the crook of her girlfriend’s neck.

Tiffany pushed away the girl’s head. “This is important, TaeTae.”

“Hmm” The girl replied drowsily, clouded by sleep.

“I was just reading all the comments. The fans are laughing at me. I can’t cycle.”

“…” Light snoring was heard.

“Yah Kim Taeyeon!” Tiffany nudged the girl with her elbow, causing her to wake up with a jerk. “Were you listening to me?”

“Aish” The girl rubbed the painful spot on the side of her hips and turned around to lie flat on her back. “Your elbow is just as dangerous as Seohyun’s.”

Tiffany ignored the last comment. “So as I was saying, I think I should learn how to cycle. The fans are all laughing at the fact that I still can’t cycle after so many years.”

Taeyeon grudgingly sat up and rested her head against the headboard.

“Aren’t you a little too old to learn how to ride a bike?”

“Seems like someone wants to sleep in the living room tonight.”

“No, Fany. I mean you’re perfect just the way you are.”

“Kim Taeyeon, you didn’t just go all cheesy on me when we are discussing something important.”

The girl in the Mickey Mouse pajamas burst out in her usual breathy laughter.

“Why are you being so cute in the middle of the night?”

“TaeTae, please, this is serious to me. I think it is time for me to learn how to ride a bike. A two wheeled bike.”

“Hmm.”

“So I was just looking through the range of bikes on my tablet earlier and I have found a few pretty bikes.” She took the tablet off the docking station on the nightstand, and flicked through the tablet. “What do you think of them?”

The sleepy girl yawned loudly and looked at the screen with her semi opened eyes. “They are all pink and have two wheels. Am I supposed to see any differences?”

“You dork. You are really going to sleep outside if you’re going to be so uncooperative.”

Tiffany continued to flick the screen, browsing through the selection of the bikes.

“Tae—“ She felt a sudden weight on her shoulders. Taeyeon had fallen asleep again.

“Aish this dork. I should have chased her out before she fell asleep.” Tiffany gently pushed the sleeping girl back onto the pillow, giving her an apologetic goodnight kiss on her forehead.

==

The curtains were parted apart slightly, allowing the afternoon sun to shine through the cracks.

The girl felt the light shining on her, but she refused to open her eyes; instinctively reaching out to the sides for warmth. She frowned slightly when she realized that the other side of the bed was empty.

Reluctantly, she rubbed her sleepy eyes and trudged out of the room

"Tae Tae..." She whined slightly, as she did every other morning.

"Why are you whining the second you wake up? It is way past the afternoon, you sleepy head." Taeyeon walked over to give her sleepyhead a morning kiss on her forehead.

"Cold and still very sleepy." She let out a loud yawn and plopped herself on the couch.

She was just about to fall asleep again when she felt a weight settling down on her entire body.

"Oh my god, Taeyeon. How many times must I tell you not to crush me to death when I'm sleeping?"

The girl simply pecked her cheeks in response and leaned against her cheeks. "Cute"

"I think you should better shower now. We have a long day ahead." She rolled off Tiffany.

Tiffany groaned. It was going to be a long day ahead.

==

She gave a quick wave to the fans waiting outside before heading into the van. They have been rehearsing for their Tokyo Dome tour the entire day. She was tired and a little cranky.

"Where's Taeyeon?" She asked her manager.

"Ah, Taeyeon said she had something to do. She left in her own car."

"Hmm? I don't remember her saying anything about that." She frowned slightly, reaching for the phone in her pocket to text the girl.

-Where are you?-

She saw Taeyeon briefly coming online to read the message before going off.

Her irritation instantly multiplied. She hated it when people ignored her messages, especially Taeyeon. Tiffany dumped the phone in her handbag and leaned against the head rest to get some sleep.

==

She ate dinner with Sunny, showered, fed Prince and Ginger and was now lying lazily on the couch, watching the telly with Sunny.

"Do you have any idea where Taeyeon is? She isn't replying to my messages." She flicked the channels mindlessly. "And I know that she has read them."

Sunny snickered.

"You wouldn't want to know."

A cushion was thrown towards the general direction of Sunny but ended up about 2 meters away from the intended target.

"Terrible aiming you have got there. No wonder Taeyeon always complains when y'all go to the fairs." Another attempt at obliterating Sunny with another cushion failed miserably, with the cushion landing an impressive 3 meters off the target. "She says she ends up playing every single game."

Sunny made air quotations mark with her fingers. "Because my princess wants everything fluffy and pink but she is horrible at games. I pray for the safety of the game master whenever she tries throwing something."

"Don't speak badly of my TaeTae behind her back. And stop trying to change the subject. Where's she? Drinking again?"

"Why don't you just wait for her to come back and ask her yourself? As you have just said, it’s your TaeTae, not mine." Sunny added the last sentence in soft breaths. "Gosh, how does Taeng even respond to such a cringe worthy nickname?"

"LEE SOONKYU"

==

Tiffany was about to fall into deep sleep on the couch when she hears the door unlocking, followed by noises of solid metal hitting against the furniture.

"Tae..?" She rubbed her sleepy eyes and tried to adjust her visions to the dark.

"Oops." The lights in the living room were , revealing Taeyeon in a black hoodie and something else beside her. "I thought you were already asleep..."

"What's that thing wrapped in a black cover?" She rubbed those sleepy eyes again and pointed at the black thing.

"Ah.." Taeyeon scratched her head several times, obviously unprepared for an awaken Tiffany. "Hmm."

Tiffany looked at her with those sleepy and droopy eyes, occasionally yawning. Cute.

"Well, it was supposed to be a surprise for you. But I guess you have spoiled it for yourself. I even waited for 30 minutes in the car to make sure that you were asleep before coming up."

"It’s for me...?" A surge of energy rushed through Tiffany's veins. She liked surprises.

"Yeah. Do you want to open it up yourself?"

She leapt off the couch and tugged at the black cover, revealing a box.

"Oh my god. Taeyeon."

She engulfed the girl in a full hug. "A bike....?"

Taeyeon allowed the girl to hug her for a while more before putting some distance between them. "Yeah. A foldable bike."

"I just mentioned it last night while you're half asleep."

"Doesn't mean I wasn’t listening."

"Oh my god I love you so much TaeTae."

Taeyeon grinned. She loves it when Tiffany gets overexcited. Adorable.

"It’s just a bike. Do you want to open it now or wait till tomorrow morning?"

"Now."

Taeyeon proceed to open the box, fixing the joints of the bike expertly.

"Here you go. I deliberately got a foldable bike because we can always dump it in the store just in case you lose interest after 5 minutes."

"TaeTae." Tiffany's attempt at sounding stern ended up sounding more endearing than she had intended to.

"Anyway, I have also gotten you a helmet, knee and elbow guards just in case."

"Really, Taeyeon? How hard can cycling be anyway? You are overdoing it again."

"I like overdoing things." She smiled, revealing those chin dimples that Tiffany fell in love with.

"Ugh those cheeks. What am I supposed to do with you looking so cute?" Tiffany leaned in closer all of a sudden, so close that her breaths are warming up Taeyeon's cheeks, turning them into a rosy shade of pink.

A few pecks on her cheeks soon turned into something more, with Tiffany tugging mercilessly at the soft, sugar coated lips.

"Thanks for everything" She mumbled against her lips, not wanting to break contact. She slipped her arms inside Taeyeon's hoodie, seeking warmth and more contact.

"Room...Sunny--" Taeyeon was about to put some distance between Tiffany and her when she felt a sharp nip on the skin of her neck.

She bit hard on her lower lip and tried to suppress the moans, not wanting to wake Sunny up.

Not satisfied with the way Taeyeon reacted, she clamped her teeth on the pulse point, finally eliciting a hoarse, throaty moan from the girl.

"Taetae you sound so y with your sore throat." She said, after swiping the reddish spot several times with her tongue and putting distance between the two to admire her work.

"Oh god, don't tell me it left a mark. I'm so dead tomorrow."

"C’mon Taetae, let's go back to the room. I'm sleepy and you're so cute today. Let's cuddle and sleep." She pulled the girl into the bedroom, forgetting about the bike and ignoring Taeyeon's comment about her work of art.

==

"WAKE UP"

"Five more minutes..."

"Now or you're sleeping in the living room tonight."

The girl groaned several times in response before dragging herself off the bed.

"Go wash up and get changed. Your tracksuit is in the bathroom."

Taeyeon knew it was going to be long and tiring day ahead as she headed to the bathroom under the watchful eyes of Tiffany.

"Alright Taeyeon get the bike! Sunny! Taetae and I are going to cycle so you settle your own lunch!" Tiffany shouted, her loud voice bringing life into the quiet apartment early in the morning.

"Good luck" Sunny whispered and winked at Taeyeon who was busy checking the bike and packing the helmet and guards into a haversack.

==

"Okay Fany, you need to pedal. If not the bike wouldn't move!"

After ten minutes, Tiffany and the bike still hasn't move a single inch. Tiffany with her helmet, completed with knee and elbow guards that Taeyeon had forced onto her. Really, it was not the most fashionable thing.

"CAN'T"

"I AM HOLDING ONTO YOU." Taeyeon yelled back, holding onto the back of the bike for stability. She was frustrated at the slow progress as she is not the most patient person in the world after all.

"But if I pedal, this stupid thing will tilt to the side."

"It wouldn't if you pedal continuously." She snapped.

"I WOULD FALL."

"Yeah, fall in love with me."

"Really, Taeyeon, you are being cheesy now?"

"Okay listen, Fany. If you want to learn how to cycle, you would have to let go of your fear. I promise you that you wouldn't fall if you keep pedalling. Use the handlebars to balance the bike."

"Ugh how does everyone make cycling look so enjoyable and effortless?" She mumbled to herself, pouting slightly.

Taeyeon took the opportunity to kiss into the pout. "Hey, just trust me alright. I will hold onto you if you fall. I would only let you fall in love with me."

Tiffany rolled her eyes in response and grasped the handlebar tighter. She pressed her left foot down, attempting to pedal the bike. The bike teetered unsteadily for a while when Taeyeon decided that it was the right time to let go of her hold on the bike.

"WOAH" Only seconds after she had loosened her hold on the bike seat, the bike tilted to the right, jolting Taeyeon into immediate action. She held Tiffany by her waist and allowed the bike to drop to the ground.

"Are you okay?"

Tiffany grimaced at the tiny cuts that were left by the chains of the bike rubbing against her calves.

"Still alive."

"Okay, okay no more cycling. We are done for today."

Taeyeon helped her to the park bench and wiped the cuts with wet tissues.

"Maybe you are right, I am too old to learn cycling."

Taeyeon chuckled.

“I think the fans would laugh harder if they found out about your attempts to learn cycling.”

“That’s very comforting.”

“New fashion trend. Tiffany with her pink elbow and knee guards.”

“You chose the most awful shade of pink.”

“This might help the fans forget about the weird poodle-like thing that you wore to the Style Icon award.”

“Are you really going to bring that up again?”

“It’s cute though.”

“Kim Taeyeon.”

“Okay, okay I will stop here.” From the corner of her eyes, she saw a couple riding in a tandem bike. “Ah, I have an idea. Wait for me.”

==

It was almost five minutes before Tiffany hears a bike bell ringing from a distance.

It was Taeyeon, riding a pink tandem bike, grinning.

“Let’s ride together.”

“Taeyeon…”

“Hop on. You don’t even have to pedal.”

Tiffany got on the secondary seat of the bike.

“This is so much easier than riding it myself.” Tiffany smiled, enjoying the feel of the wind on her face. “Now we can go everywhere together.”

“That’s too creepy.” Taeyeon pretended to shudder while smiling slightly to herself at Tiffany’s possessiveness.

“Yah. You. Living room. Tonight.”

==

[Bonus scene] 

They finally broke for lunch after four hours of dancing and singing and singing and dancing. Every detail was meticulously worked out.

Taeyeon's voice was hoarse and her muscles were sore. She rubbed her aching back as she scrolled through her tablet during the lunch break.

"Taeng, what are you looking at?"

"Ah Sunny. Tiffany wants to learn cycling so I am just looking through the different types of bikes."

"Seriously."

"Yeah. She really wanted it. Even woke me up at 2am to talk about it."

"I can't believe it, Taeng. I bet you would give her the sky if she asked for it."

"Hmm." Taeyeon nodded her head in acknowledgment, and pretended to consider her options.

"You are so whipped."

"I guess I would just have to work harder and sing harder." Taeyeon chuckles at the thought.

"Whipped."