Scoot

Cotton Candy

a/n: Completely random one shot

 

"I NEED THIS DONE BY THE END OF THIS WEEK. WE ARE ALREADY BEHIND SCHEDULE.” The woman shouted on the phone while the other woman simply pouted, her head resting on the woman's lap. That's right, Tiffany was busy screaming at one of her staff in the States while gently Taeyeon's hair. 

Sunday was supposed to be their time. No work, no phone calls, just the two of them spending some quality time together. It was a promise that they had made to each other ever since they got together. But lately, this promise had been broken more often than not. 

Taeyeon sighed and got off the couch. 

The other woman frowned. 

"I will say this one more time. I need the materials in by next week. If there is any further delays, I would have to terminate our contract. I will give you a call again later to check in." 

She quickly ends the call and went to the kitchen in search of her wife. 

Taeyeon was rummaging the fridge again. She had to smile when she saw the tiny figure tiptoeing in front of their fridge.

She wrapped her arms around the woman from behind. "What are you looking for? Doctor Sanders said no ice-cream this month remember?"

"Fany, our fridge is way too big, I mean, it is ridiculous how I have to tiptoe in order to reach the top compartment of the fridge. Do we really need such a huge one?"

"Baby, don't forget that you were the one who wanted to buy a huge fridge to store a year's worth of ice-cream just in case of a national shortage."

Taeyeon stopped her search and turned around. "Why didn't we get two smaller ones?"

Tiffany simply smiled. "Why don't we go back to watching the movie?"

"I just want some ice-cream. Just a scoop would be enough. Pretty, pretty please?" She used her puppy eyes, hoping it would be enough to convince her wife. She had already decided on the flavour that she wanted. Either strawberry cheesecake or chocolate fudge! At this point, she would be thankful for anything. 

But of course, we know how Tiffany would react. 

She kissed her wife's cheeks gently. Tiffany knows her wife enough. Brute force would never work on Taeyeon. Gently coaxing on the other hand, proved to be successful. 

"How about we cuddle for a while before deciding how whether to get strawberry cheesecake or chocolate fudge?" She the back of Taeyeon's head, carefully avoiding the bandage wrapped around her forehead. 

"Sounds like a good idea." Taeyeon allowed Tiffany to pull her to their bedroom.

==

"Baby?"

"Hm?"

"Sorry I have been rather busy for the past two weeks. You know it, the fashion week is just around the corner. I am rushing to get the designs finalized."

With her bed on the pillow and her meds in her tummy, Taeyeon was getting slightly drowsy. She moved closer to Tiffany, liking the way Tiffany held onto her. 

"Hm."

"Baby?" Tiffany tried again. That was when Tiffany noticed her wife nodding off. It was a cute sight really, seeing a sleepy Taeyeon cuddled against her. 

Tiffany had always prided herself as a strong, career minded business woman. But everything faded in importance ever since she met Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon, Taeyeon, Taeyeon. 

She first met Taeyeon at an art exhibition in New York. Taeyeon was a budding wallpaper designer and attended the art exhibition "for ideas to copy". Taeyeon carried a bag full of wallpaper samples everywhere she went and when she saw a pretty lady looking bored at the sidelines, her first instinct was to approach the bored-to-death Tiffany. Somehow during the conversation, Taeyeon managed to convince Tifffany to purchase a polka-dot wallpaper for her apartment. (Till this day, the polka dot wallpaper still sat in the storage room, untouched and unused.) Taeyeon was charming and quirky and Tiffany soon found herself falling in love with her. 

Tiffany is hearing light snoring. Taeyeon had definitely fallen asleep. She shifted slightly, making sure her wife's injured head was properly cushioned and pulling the blanket up. 

This latest injury scared Tiffany like never before. Granted, Taeyeon was a dangerous blend of clumsiness and adventurous. But a head injury is different from her usual twisted ankle or sprained wrist. Getting a phone call from the hospital is something that Tiffany had found herself slowly getting used to. It had never stopped scaring the wits out of her though. 

Aside from being charming, quirky. clumsy and adventurous, Taeyeon was also extremely stubborn. She refused to stop using that darn stupid, godforsaken, electric scooter to commute every morning. It is really not like they cannot afford a car. Tiffany's 28th birthday present to Taeyeon remained parked in their garage, mostly untouched.

The last time Taeyeon drove the car was to fetch Tiffany home from office the last time Tiffany fell sick. That was nearly 3 months ago. 

When it comes a high speed collision on the road, no helmet would keep her wife safe. Taeyeon was lucky this time, the doctor said.

Though Taeyeon didn't say it, Tiffany knew the latest accident had shaken her wife. After the accident, Taeyeon was not sleeping well and had recurring nightmares. Tiffany tried to take time off work to accompany her wife, but there was always so much to do. Nevertheless, she had promised herself to make more time for Taeyeon after this. After the Seoul Fashion Week is over, she would take the entire month off and bring Taeyeon around Europe.

But first, she has to find a way to hide the electric scooter from her wife. 

==

"Fany?"

"Hm?" 

"Have you seen Bobo?"

Tiffany froze. 

"I can't seem to find Bobo." A helmet-wearing Taeyeon walked into the room where Tiffany was applying her makeup. 

(Yes, Taeyeon named her scooter Bobo)

Tiffany took a deep breath and readied herself to deal with Taeyeon. "Baby?" She used her sweetest possible voice. 

"Do you know where Bobo is? I'm going to be late for my first day back to work!"

Tiffany unbuckled Taeyeon's helmet clasp, taking the helmet off her wife's head. "Why don't you take your car to work today? If you don't feel like driving, I can drive you there."

"I need to find Bobo first." 

Tiffany sighed. "I have kept Bobo." 

Taeyeon frowned. 

"We have beeh through this many times. I don't like the idea of you taking the scooter to travel the busy morning traffic. 5 hospital visits in 6 months! That's almost one every month. You have injured your head, your wrist, your ankle. What's next? Me getting a call that you...that you..." Tiffany sniffed and choked up at the thought of Taeyeon not coming home.

"Fany, this would never happen and you know it." Taeyeon pulls her wife into a tight hug.

"I don't want to risk anything anymore. I would rather you get angry at me for hiding Bobo than you being reckless on the roads again." 

"I would never leave you." Taeyeon tightens her arms around Tiffany.

"You smell so good and your hoodie is so soft, I don't wanna let go." 

Taeyeon smiled. "Then don't." 

"Didn't you say you were going to be late for work?"

"Not if you are driving me."

"Really?" 

"Yes, from now on, I would take your car to work."

"I'm sorry for taking Bobo away from you."

"I love Bobo, but I love you more than Bobo. Just as you have given up on your dream for me, I can do the same for you."

"Taeyeon…"

"I know we are not supposed to talk about this anymore. But every time I think about how you moved back to Korea for me, I can do this if makes you feel secure. After all, marriage is about compromises right?

"I moved back because I wanted to. This has got nothing to do with you. Don't think too highly of yourself, Kim Taetae."

Taeyeon flashed a smug smile. "Bleh. I don't believe you for a second."

"Yes yes. We moved back because someone was getting homesick and acting like a big baby." 

"Thank you" Taeyeon kissed her wife, filling her heart with more love than she could probably fit. “I love you.”

"I love you too. I don't need anything else as long as I have you."