Audition

What I do for Love { Editing }
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6. Audition


With itchy feet Mika and you stood in front of the S.M Entertainment entrance. A lot of people, presumably fans, were already waiting outside of the building in the cold december air. Most of them were holding their Lightsticks in the air or showing their support for EXO though a scarf where the words "EXO Fighting" or "WE LOVE YOU" were embroidered on. Were they that famous? 

 

"Are they all here for the audition?", you asked dumbfounded. You didn't even feel an urge to win that competition, despite that it was a cheerless prospect. Your acting skills are average, in fact you have met those fake persons before. There was no point in winning, since your interests were in medicine and dancing, not in acting.  After all the audition was a nice way to promote yourself. Perhaps a dance academy might see the video or a decent university might see your effort and will contact you to offer you a scholarship. A scholarship would give you the possibility to stay.  At least that's your motivation for doing it. The video starring wouldn't even motivate you to leave your bed in the morning. 

 

"No, they aren't. EXO is training inside and they hope to catch a glanze or take some pictures when they leave the company", she replied and grabbed your hand to conduct you though the crowd. 

 

It was hard to enter the building. Many people pushed you around like trash or a doll they don't like. It almost felt like that you were unwanted, as if the fans could see that you don't like their idols and busily try to protect them from you. By the time you reached the inlet a man stood there with a tablet pc in his hands. 

 

"Hello, I assume you both participate in the audition. First - Welcome to the audition for the female leading role in EXO's next comeback. Second - would you tell me your registration numbers, which was given once you filled the form to make sure you really applied to? It is a security check to prevent unwanted persons from access the company", he answered formally, making his text seemed to be memorized and he would tell everyone the same. It was in his job description. 

 

"3110 and 4356", Mika replied immediately. The assistant went trough your registration profiles, which showed up on the screen of the tablet pc at the time he searched your numbers and then opened the door for your.

 

You overcame the first obstacle successfully, two more to cross the line. 

 

"Thank you! You may now take a seat and the waiting room. Make sure you get your script at the reception so you can study your text, if you want to. Good luck. I cross my fingers for you!"

 

"Thanks", you both replied and entered the building. 'Weren't they afraid someone might run to the practice room?' you wondered and walked through the "Star Museum", the most well-known label Koreas, famous for all the legends the have been producing since they were founded on Feburary 14th, 1995. 

 

A corridor lead you from the entrance to a huge hall where a lot of settee's or other seating accommodation were placed. The whole hangar was filled by the voice of females from your age group and you could easily sum up the topic they were talking about 'EXO'. Where they all blinded by their looks to omit their characters? On the walls where images of the bands the have published so far, located. Super Junior, Girls Generation, BoA, TVXQ, The Grace, J-Min, SHINee, F(X), Red Velvet, and, of course, EXO. 

 

"Where is the reception?", Mika asked confused. 

"Over there", you answered and pointed towards a bar in the corner. 

Once you got your script you sat down on a couch in the centre. "One Way Ticket", seemed to be the name of their comeback song. The characters were printed on the sheets in a bold scripture. You didn't feel like studying the text beforehand.

 

All of a sudden a girl took the seat next to yours. One of her hands rested on your shoulder and she seemed to be excited about something. Without asking her she started to open up.

"Have you heard it yet? The leading female will kiss Kai in the MV. An actress once said it sometimes takes hours to shoot the kiss scene, because the angle has to be perfect and the kiss has to look realistic! Imagine it! Nobody will ever touch my lips again", the girls, whose number was 5631, expressed in excitement and Mika was already one heart for the whole thing. 

"Really? A kiss? On the lips?", she pointed to her lips to ensure she wasn't insane and heard stuff she wanted to hear. Her first kiss with her husband she', she whispered,  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter