Chapter 10

Fatal Error

Hongbin opened his eyes and robotically sat up. He looked at his hands and started moving each one of his fingers then looked around the room. He was still in Taekwoons laboratory, only now it was dark. All the lights had been turned off except there was some sort of glowing light. It was faint, and when Hongbin looked around, the light followed his movements. He stood up and slowly made his way over to the closest mirror which was a small one placed behind him. He walked over towards it and gasped. Although everything around him was dark, the only thing he could see in the mirror was his eyes. Only they didn’t look like his eyes. They glowed. His eyes were illuminated in a teal glowing light. Hongbin took a step back, rubbed his eyes, and looked back at the mirror. They still glowed.

Suddenly all the lights turned back on. Hongbin jerked back around and saw Taekwoon. “I see you’re awake” he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. “My…my…” Hongbin stuttered, looking back to the mirror. His eyes looked normal again; it must only work when it’s dark. “Yes. Your eyes will glow whenever it’s dark around you. You’ll discover a lot of things about your new form soon.” He said. Hongbin looked to the mirror again then back at Taekwoon. He placed a hand on his heart and exhaled deeply. “Can I still…”
“You have the capabilities of human emotion. I made sure to keep that intact.” He explained.

“But you…you can’t?”
Taekwoon shook his head. “That’s the whole reason I did this, so that I wouldn’t feel pain. I couldn’t handle it. But you…you still have her”

Hongbin’s eyes widened. Youngji…where was she? He looked back to the stands. Youngji was still there, unconscious…

Hongbin walked towards her, and when he got close enough. He saw she had her arm missing, but instead of her arm being completely gone, there were wires and sparks coming out of it. Hongbin looked to Taekwoon who nodded his head. “I worked all night, but she’s almost done. Everything is going well…Hongbin, she’s going to be ok.” He assured.

Hongbin looked around and found her arm on the table near the computers. He rushed over there and hesitantly picked it up. He walked back to her and held it in both of his hands. He looked to Taekwoon for permission, in which he nodded in approval. Hongbin proceeded in placing her arm back in place. He cringed at the thought at first, but knew he had to. He connected her animatronic arm back together and with one single spark, it reattached. Hongbin then looked to Youngji once more and placed a hand on her cheek. He her face with his thumb and looked at her with anxiousness in his eyes. He looked to Taekwoon then back to Youngji. “Why isn’t she awake?!” he demanded. Taekwoon didn’t answer. Hongbin kept his eyes on Youngji. “Youngji-ah…Youngji! Please…please…” he pleaded, taking her hand in his and squeezing it. He sighed, and brought her hand up to his and kissed it.

Then a miracle happened.

Right as his lips left her hand.

Youngji opened her eyes.