I really hate you

You're Mine

✄ ✄ ✄

taehyung and jungkook are all smiles and fluff and loving to the rest of the world but everything changes once they're behind closed doors.
 
tags: crack, fluff, romance
 
word count: 1765
 
prompt by:
 
blackcatty who probably expected this to be more steamy than it actually is
 

 ✄ ✄ ✄
 

Taehyung hates Jungkook. It's not just a little bit. It's like he loathes the younger's presence. He can't really articulate why but he just does. 

 

When they're filming of doing fan service, it's like they have to be close and act loving and it grosses the out of Taehyung. 

 

They keep up the act most of the time, but once they're back in the dorm and behind the door to their shared room, they don't know each other. Or just become eternal rivals.

 

"It's obviously not one-sided, Jin. Trust me." He says one day, eyes narrowed.

And then the door opens.

"Oh god. Speaking of the devil..." Taehyung groans and Seokjin makes his escape.

 

Mere seconds after Jin leaves the room, insults started spewing out from both of their mouths and its so loud that Jimin's head peeks out of his room and groggily mutters to Jin. 

"Again?"

Jin just nods solemnly.

 

 

 

It's this mutual hate going on between Jungkook and Taehyung and neither of them really know the reasons behind it, but they didn't bother asking each other or attempt to find out whatever started the abhorrence with one another.

 

Jungkook detests Taehyung. From how he acts dumb and cute along the lines of those blonde chicks who die first in horror films but then becomes satan once they enter the room, like a pretty flower but then there's a virulent serpent hidding behind it.

 

They weren't exactly subtle about it. The hating.

 

Early into the beginning of this acrimony, they would leave the other members out of it and successfully send disastrous waves of resentment towards each other that would destroy a continent with a critical blow in the event that it was in a video game.

 

But lately, they've lost all motivation to keep this from others.

 

At first, they openly ignored each other and pretended the other doesn't exist. 

And then when they passed by each other, one of them would turn back first to show the holy finger and immediately once he turns back, the other will do the same.

 

It would look kind of endearing, somehow. From Seokjin's point of view, anyway. But everyone knows that their hate for each other was mostly baseless.

 

"Jungkook-ah. Why do you and Taehyung hate each other so much?" Namjoon would always ask whenever the former would leave the room, seething and muttering curses under his breath.

 

"I don't know." He'd hiss and Namjoon would shrug and just walk away.

 

Then, there would be Seokjin walking into Taehyung's room despite the yells to "Leave me the alone." and sit down next to the grumpy Taehyung.

 

"What happened this time?" Jin would ask, with a gentle voice.

He knows that Taehyung would always tell him.

He always does.

"He ing yelled at me for the phone notification sounds and then threw my iPad across the room. So, i threw his PSP out the window." Taehyung hisses, eyes enraged.

 

Seokjin is shocked because Jungkook usually never exerts actual violence, only taunts from a distance and empty threats but—

 

He spots the remnants of the device lying in the corner, screen shattered and Seokjin sighs.

 

This has been going on for way too long and it has to stop. Now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"What happened?" Namjoon asks when Seokjin leaves the room.

 

"Jungkook got mad and threw Tae's iPad so Tae threw out Kookie's PSP." 

 

Namjoon winces. Damn.

 

"We have to do something. This is going too far. Soon, we're gonna have to hold them back as they throw knives at  each other." Seokjin plops down onto the bed and rubs his temples. 

 

Just then, the door is opened and Jimin runs in, Yoongi following a little behind.

 

"Jungkook told me i was annoying and then called me a piece of !" Jimin cries and the tears spill over as he grabs Yoongi and muffles his sobs in the latter's shirt.

 

Namjoon sighs and looks at the helpless Yoongi.

 

"I called Taehyung out to ask if he wanted anything since i was going to the convenience store. He told me to off and leave him alone. And then slammed the door in my face."

 

"Oh god." Jin groans and falls back down onto the bed.

And then the door swings open again. Revealing a beaming man with a shirt with the words 'I AM YOUR HOPE' written across it.

"Okay, guys. I've had enough of those two too. We are going to intervene." Hoseok walks in and sits down cross-legged on the rug.

 

"Hoseok? Aren't you supposed to be in Gwangju?" Jin sits up and asks.

 

"I'm back early but those two don't know. And i have a plan."

 

That has everyone else excited.

 

"What do you have in mind?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Later that night, Jungkook eventually goes back into the room to sleep and the rest of the members strain to hear. Anything. A yell. A curse. But nothing.

 

"Start operation." J-Hope whispers and whips out his phone and dials a number.

 

"Taehyungie! How's my favourite maknae!"

 

Hoseok puts it on speaker so that the rest can hear.

  

Taehyung's voice sounds bright like a lit up like a Christmas tree when he replies. "Hyung! How's Gwangju?" 

 

Jimin swears he hears muffled curses in the background.

 

"It's nice! It feels nice to be back out here." Hoseok says into the phone and then launches into a teasing session.

 

Then, the cursing gets louder and louder until...

 

"Can you just shut the up for once?!"

 

There.

 

Seokjin gulps. "Are you sure leaving them now like this is safe?"

 

"They can't just be hating each other for no reason at all forever. This is Jungkook's last straw. You think i didn't plan this beforehand? I was the one chatting with Tae and getting Jungkook pissed. Now, let's leave before we're dragged into their pile of mess."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can you just shut the up for once?!" Jungkook yells, he's been putting up with Taehyung and Hoseok's stupid lovey-dovey phone call and he can't take it anymore.

 

"What the hell? Then sleep outside!"

 

"Why should I? This is my room too, in case you haven't noticed!" Jungkook retorts and is standing up now.

 

Eyebrows furrowed, Taehyung stands up too.

 

"Seriously. Why do you hate me so much?"

 

"Me?" Jungkook yells voice filled with incredulity. "Why do you hate me so much!"

 

"Why don't you tell me first?" Taehyung cries back, walking forward and now, they're right up in each other's faces.

 

Jungkook notices how Taehyung's forehead creases, how his chest is rising and falling heavily and quickly pushes down the foreign feeling to smooth them out, replacing it with a fresh wave of anger.

 

"Fine!" Jungkook grabs Taehyung's collar and throws him against the wall as Taehyung's angry eyes stare back at him.

 

"I hate how you're always acting cute for benefits. I hate how the slightest thing you do gets under my skin. I hate how everyone pays so much attention to you. I hate how you're the one with more fan gifts. I hate how we have to compete in everything. I hate how we argue over the slightest thing. I hate how you make cutesy calls and kakaotalk chats with Hoseok. I hate how i don't even really know the reason why i hate you!" Jungkook yells and then Taehyung shifts their positions. 

 

Jungkook is flipped from his previous position of towering over Taehyung and now has his back on the wall, head throbbing slightly from the impact.

 

"I hate you because you find fault with everything I do. I hate you because you get under my skin far too easily. I hate you because you don't fall for my aegyo and hate me back instead. I hate because you're the one with more fanboards at the concerts. I hate you because everyone ships us together yet you're so far away. I hate you because you slam doors in my face. I hate you because you try to control what I do. I hate you because you don't pay attention to me like everyone else. I hate you because you're so perfect and I'm not! I hate you because I want to throw you gently onto the mattress and stop you from yelling at me by shutting you up through a kiss. I hate you because you take over my thoughts! I hate every single ing thing related to you! I hate how my heart keeps telling me that I love you but my brain is telling me not to!" Taehyung shouts and Jungkook is staring back at him in shock.

 

"Do you get it now? Because I don't!" Taehyung's eyes are watery and he bites his bottom lip and looks so vulnerable with his terrified eyes and pinked cheeks and Jungkook really wants to hug him.

 

"Now that we've got that cleared up, how about we work on not hating each other?" Jungkook whispers a moment later and switches their positions again, hand behind Taehyung's head.

 

Instead of an actual confrontation, he leans down and places a soft peck on Taehyung's lips.

 

A gasp escapes Taehyung's lips and he looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

 

Jungkook stops hovering over Taehyung and tugs him towards the bed, slinging an arm over Taehyung's waist as they both lie on it.

 

"Wha—"

 

"Shh." Jungkook hushes Taehyung and slowly pulls the latter in closer.

 

"No I won't. What? What's going on?" Taehyung wriggles away and Jungkook whines a little.

 

"You hate me how your heart is telling you to love me but your mind tells you not to, right?" Jungkook asks and Taehyung's cheeks go pink.

 

"I said that? Ha...Ha... Er..."

 

"You're not getting out of this one." Jungkook whispers and leans in to steal another peck.

"So just follow your heart because mine is telling me the same thing. Goodnight Tae." Jungkook whispers and hooks his leg and arm onto Taehyung and pulls him close before falling asleep soundly in the other's arms.

 

It's silent for a while and Taehyung wondes if Jungkook really did fall asleep and then he smiles into Jungkook's hair and whispers, "Goodnight."

 

 

 

And then they're both having the best sleep of their lives and are unaware of the coo-ing and cheers coming from Taehyung's unended phone call from his phone on the table.

 

✄ ✄ ✄


 

written & edited with the help of perishable