we met under the moonless starry sky

You're Mine
✄ ✄ ✄
 
in which taehyung saves jungkook's life once and they escape reality to create their own.
 
tags: fantasy, omega!verse, fluff
word count: 6059
prompt by:
asianbookworm183
 
( this turned out much different than what i had intended to write. i just got ahold of this amazing backstory plot from my friend and it ended up like this )
 
✄ ✄ ✄
 
Taehyung snarls, taking a step forward as he bares his fangs at the old hag—witch.
 
"Come on now. Let's not make this any harder for each other." She croaks out and Taehyung snarls again in response.
 
"It isn't like you could hurt me, anyway. After all, none of you pups can shift fully." She cackles and Taehyung holds in the urge to pounce and rip off.
 
The hag's voice had gotten annoying.
 
Taehyung noticed the pendant hanging by her neck earlier, deciding it was probably more than just a heirloom.
 
She cackles again at Taehyung's silence, taking that as a sign of hesitation.
 
"What is this? Hesitation? From the great-grandson of Kim Seungyoon?" She taunts and Taehyung grits his jaw.
 
Just wait until she's close enough.
 
The witch takes another step forward.
 
 
 
Just one more.
 
 
 
The witch furrows her brows. Obviously confused at the alpha's lack of response.
 
 
 
"Why aren't you attacking? Have you forgotten what we did? To your father?" The hag asks, biding her time with the next step.
 
 
 
Taehyung notices her foot is lowering and almost hitting the ground and forces himself to stay put.
 
 
 
"Hey, lady." He calls and she looks up expectantly.
 
 
 
"Look down." He smirks and she looks confused before casting her eyes downward, realising too late when her foot touches the ground and Taehyung leaps backward, flipping and landing behind the makeshift shelter just in time as the landmine goes off.
 
 
 
It was too much commotion, of course. They would surely notice the explosion and come to check what happened. Taehyung looks up at the moonless sky and grunts, trying to shift again but squeezes his eyes shut in frustration.
 
 
 
"Looks like its hitch-hiking all over again..." He grumbles and gets up, dusting his hands and looking at the rubble.
 
 
 
Back then, werewolves would take prizes from their defeated enemies. But staring back at the charred and disembered body of the witch, Taehyung decides he wants nothing from their kind.
 
 
 
He hasn't seen another wolf at all. 
 
 
 
I can only hope that the other packs are still holding up, wherever they are.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The assasination of the Kim Dongjun, alpha leader, caused the beginning of the massacres. Witches and warlords rampaged through pack territories, taking whatever they pleased. Including their share of women.
 
 
 
The first pack to be wiped out was the one furthest out in the West. 
 
 
 
And the next in the Eastern side.
 
 
 
It was ambushes at places where had least expected it.
 
 
 
Everyone in the council had begun to suspect a spy in their ranks and had turned their backs against each other. Slowly, the werewolves fell apart. 
 
 
 
At that time, Taehyung wasn't an alpha yet. His pack, was led by his father. His father had always been one to never leave a friend in the lurch. He had been on the way to send help to a nearby pack... But he never returned.
 
 
 
Taehyung had only been 16. Too young. Too inexperienced. Who would listen to a 16 year-old alpha anyway? So, his father's beta took over. Taehyung knew that his father's beta never trusted Taehyung.
 
 
 
And it became Taehyung's life goal to impress him. To show him that he was capable.
 
 
 
And then his pack was attacked.
 
 
 
Taehyung had been out at training with his trainer and uncle, Kim Namjoon when it happened.
 
 
 
All he remembered was Namjoon grabbing his shoulders and telling him to run. 
 
 
 
Taehyung didn't want to listen at first. What exactly was going on? Namjoon put a hand up to his temple, listening to the mindlink and turning back to the confused 17 year-old.
 
 
 
"Hojin. Hojin-hyung. He's telling you to complete one last task. And then you're alpha." Namjoon says in a frenzy and Taehyung listens.
 
 
 
"He wants you to run an errand. But you can't stop running until the you can't see a trace of the pack. Then you'll know you've reached the destination. There's a hut nearby. Don't come back for 3 days, at the least." Namjoon cries out and Taehyung is shaking his head.
 
 
 
"No. I don't want to leave you guys! What's going on? Why can't my mindlink communicate with anyon—" 
 
 
 
"It's a survival task, Taehyung. Do it for Hojin. Do it for me. Do it for the pack." He gives Taehyung a quick hug and a push to the opposite direction.
 
 
 
"Go." And Namjoon shifts and takes off running to the village.
 
 
 
Taehyung isn't stupid. He knew exactly what was going on. He wanted to fight. He wanted to protect the pack. But his gut told him to listen to Hojin and so he did.
 
 
 
Taehyung shifted and his white fur ruffled in the wind as he took off.
 
 
 
Keep on running. Keep on running. Keep on running.
 
 
 
Taehyung chants over and over like a casette until his limbs are weak and he can't go any further.
 
 
 
He can faintly see the guard tower in the distance but otherwise, it's silent. Unmoving.
 
 
 
Taehyung is heaving and he spots the hut as he ambles on all fours, muttering something incoherent that was lost in the wind.
 
 
 
He shifts back and finds the door unlocked. He pushes the knob and faces a clean room.
 
 
 
There's a bed on the side. The only forms of ventilation are a chimney and a small window by the washroom.
 
 
 
Taehyung tries the tap.
 
 
 
Figures. The pipings can't come this far.
 
 
 
He opens the cabinet to see a big canteen of water, packeted dried fruits and a few sets of clothing.
 
 
 
Taehyung's fingers trail over the plain button down softly.
 
 
 
It's his father's.
 
 
 
The smell was faint. So faint a normal human couldn't smell it, but a werewolf would be able to.
 
 
 
His eyes well up with tears as he changes into the button down and the leather breeches.
 
 
 
They fit perfectly.
 
 
 
Taehyung tries all the pockets, finding places to hide knives, venom, bandages...
 
 
 
A soft smile finds its way up to Taehyung's lips.
 
 
 
"Just like him." He whispers, remembering back when he was five. Asking his father, why do you need so many pockets?
 
 
 
His father had jokingly replied, so that i can keep all you naughty pups there when i don't have enough hands.
 
 
 
Taehyung remembers squealing and running as he ran around the village with his father trailing behind him.
 
 
 
The tear falls onto the wooden floor before he realises he's crying.
 
 
 
At the cuff of the pant leg, Taehyung finds an inner pocket. He squats and reaches into it, finding a slip of paper.
 
 
 
Taehyung-ah,
 
 
 
It's Hojin-ahjussi. If you found this, that means the pack's been attacked. Right? At least you're safe. I've never disliked you. Or felt like you weren't good enough. I just can't express my emotions like Namjoon can. I'm sorry that you had to leave and find this like this. 
 
 
 
From this moment, you're now the alpha. Don't try return to the village. There is food to last you at least 4 days here. For now, stay put.
 
 
 
You're our last hope.
 
 
 
P/S: (What does that even mean? Namjoon told me it's letter... Manners or whatever.) I love you, Taehyung-ah. 
 
 
 
- Uncle Hojin. 
 
 
 
There is a key attacked to the bottom of the letter and Taehyung plucks it out, searching the room for a box, a safe. Anything.
 
 
 
He hiccups and thinks, I'm crying for the first time in 12 years.
 
 
 
Under the mattress, Taehyung finds a box and slips the key in.
 
 
 
The contents are a few knifes, rolls of bandages, bandaids and a box of explosives.
 
 
 
Taehyung's speciality had always been trapping. He could make a trap for a rabbit in under 10 minutes.
 
 
 
The explosives were simple. Pressure triggered.
 
 
 
He just had to place them strategically.
 
 
 
So Taehyung spends the next four days enhancing the explosives. Modifying. 
 
 
 
He dosen't visit the village until 5 days later.
 
 
 
But when he does, he regrets ever going back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's been a year since the tragedy of Taehyung's pack happened. The witches have casted a veil over the sky. The moon can't be seen. Almost like it had been stolen.
 
 
 
Without the moon, werewolves couldn't shift completely. Only their incisors and sometimes their eye color changes would show. Their primal instincts would still work, even in their human form, though.
 
 
 
Taehyung has had a few dozen near death experiences but he escaped every single on of them unscathed, only his hatred for the opposing species growing more and more.
 
 
 
His hut was destroyed by a blast and he travels. Hoping to find other surviving wolves and maybe, just maybe. Being one step closer to toppling the witches' throne and bringing back the dimensional peace.
 
 
 
Although Taehyung still wondered what there was left to save.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jungkook gulps, taking another step back. There are too many of them.
 
 
 
"Come here, little omega. We won't hurt you. At least, you won't feel it." The witch cackles and Jungkook feels his feet reaching the end of the cliff. 
 
 
 
I'm done for.
 
 
 
Jungkook thinks and he almost gives up. Almost takes the last step back into the valley.
 
 
 
Almost.
 
 
 
All of a sudden, a knife whizzes through the air and sinks into the witches' neck as she lets out a blood-curdling scream.
 
 
 
Jungkook's instincts immediately heighten, he looks around and barely catches sight of purple and it disappears.
 
 
 
Jungkook blinks.
 
 
 
Was that... Hair?
 
 
 
Jungkook is frozen as the witch who screamed, rips the knife out of her neck and throws it carelessly into the general direction of where it came from.
 
 
 
"Who dares?!" He shrills and Jungkook winces.
 
 
 
"I'll let you have the priviledge of knowing my name before i end you." The voice is deep and low and Jungkook gulps.
 
 
 
"Who are you?!" She shrills again and Jungkook looks at her with an annoyed expression.
 
 
 
"Can you not scream like that? I know there's a gash on your neck but all the more you should shut up." Jungkook blurts out and she glares at Jungkook.
 
 
 
"You! An omega! You da—" The witch is cut off by a clean slice at the throat and she crumples the the ground.
 
 
 
Jungkook sees the purple-haired guy twirl the knife skillfully and stash it in his breeches.
 
 
 
"You're a werewolf?" The low voice asks and Jungkook nods, unable to bring himself to look the person in the eye.
 
 
 
He can practically feel the authority radiating off this werewolf and he looks down.
 
 
 
"Can't you look up?" The werewolf asks and Jungkook's head whips up.
 
 
 
Yep. Definitely an alpha.
 
 
 
Jungkook finds himself staring into those dark brown orbs and his heart beat quickens.
 
 
 
His eyes are breath-taking.
 
 
 
Taehyung feels pretty much the same. The raven-head looks like a kicked bunny at attention.
 
 
 
"Why couldn't you look at me?" Taehyung asks and Jungkook finds the ground interesting again.
 
 
 
"I... I'm just an omega from my pack. I... I've no right to look at an alpha." Jungkook whispers and Taehyung furrows his eyebrows.
 
 
 
Taehyung takes a step closer and Jungkook instinctively takes one back.
 
 
 
Apparently forgetting he was on the edge of a cliff.
 
 
 
"Wha—" He cries, arms flailing and shutting his eyes tight.
 
 
 
That's it. He will die there at the bottom of the cliff. But at least he got to see the most beautiful werewolf alive first.
 
 
 
Then Jungkook feels a hand grabbing onto his wrist before he can feel the fall.
 
 
 
And he's slammed against the chest of the purple-haired alpha.
 
 
 
"Are you ing stupid or what? Do you want to fall off?" Taehyung hisses and Jungkook is still recovering from his near death experience.
 
 
 
Jungkook feels the steady heartbeat and warmth of the alpha and sinks into it. Fists clenching at his chest.
 
 
 
Taehyung is frozen against the omega and makes no move to push him away. It feels... Nice.
 
 
 
For the first time in a year, Taehyung felt needed.
 
 
 
And as for Jungkook, for the first time in his whole life.
 
 
 
He felt protected.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Taehyung lets Jungkook lie on his chest for a good five minutes before it starts getting awkward and he clears his throat.
 
 
 
He looks down and holds the boy by his shoulders and pulling him away lightly.
 
 
 
"Hey."
 
 
 
The boy's eyelids flutter open slowly and Taehyung is captivated at how vulnerable he looks right now.
 
 
 
"Mm.." Jungkook mumbles, looking back up at Taehyung square in the eye.
 
 
 
"You do realise we don't even know each other's name."
 
 
 
Jungkook's eyes widen and he stumbles back, realising Taehyung's arms were around his waist and Jungkook flushes red.
 
 
 
"Don't want you falling there again. I don't think i can catch you a second time." Taehyung explains, feeling a little flustered at where his arm had been.
 
 
 
"I— I'm Jungkook. Omega." Jungkook mutters, looking back at the ground again.
 
 
 
"And i'm Taehyung. Alpha. Now, let's go before the witches realise one's down." Taehyung says and turns to walk away as Jungkook remains frozen.
 
 
 
"You... Wan't me to come along?" He gasps and Taehyung nods, like its an obvious thing.
 
 
 
"I haven't seen another werewolf in a year. I'm not letting you go so easily." Taehyung says and Jungkook frowns.
 
 
 
"Where were you from?" Jungkook asks quizzically and Taehyung his head to the side.
 
 
 
"The North area. Why?"
 
 
 
"That'd explain why. I've seen survivors heading South together. They ignore me, of course." Jungkook shrugs like it's no big deal.
 
 
 
Taehyung suddenly feels enraged.
 
 
 
How could they leave an omega out alone to fend for himself?
 
 
 
"Then we're gonna find these survivors." Taehyung announces, grabbing and slipping his hand in Jungkook's.
 
 
 
"What? No! What use will i be? I'm just an omega—" Jungkook is cut off by Taehyung's hard tug and then he's lifted bridal style.
 
 
 
"You keep complaining, you know? Where did all that sass go? Earlier when you told that hag to shut up." Taehyung says bluntly and Jungkook blushes.
 
 
 
Why am i so affected?
 
 
 
Jungkook squirms and tries to make Taeyung put him down but a threat to offer Jungkook to a witch makes him stop.
 
 
 
Taehyung thought he'd finally gotten some peace (He still dosen't know why he offered to bring Jungkook along with him. He usually went solo.) but Jungkook ends up staring up at Taehyung from his position in the elder's arms.
 
 
 
"Stop staring at me." Taehyung mumbles and Jungkook looks up to meet his eyes.
 
 
 
"Why?" 
 
 
 
"It's uncomfortable..." Taehyung grumbles and Jungkook laughs.
 
 
 
"I can't help it. You're so... Perfect. You radiate this authority, charisma and leadership. And your eyes are beautiful." Jungkook says, making Taehyung's eyes look down to meet his.
 
 
 
Taehyung finds himself lost in Jungkook's dark eyes and his breath is taken away.
 
 
 
"Where's your pack?" Taehyung blurts out and Jungkook's eyes look pained as he turns away.
 
 
 
"I... Left. Or they abandoned me. Same thing." He shrugs again and Taehyung's eyes flash with concern.
 
 
 
"Because you're an omega?" He asks, eyes darting around for a place where they can stop to rest.
 
 
 
"Not only because of that... I'm the beta's son. But... I'm gay." He finishes, looking down at his fingers laying innocently on his stomache.
 
 
 
"What s." Taehyung mutters and Jungkook supresses a laugh.
 
 
 
"For all you know, your pack is like that too." Jungkook says, looking up.
 
 
 
Taehyung's eyes are looking forward and he dosen't respond.
 
 
 
"... Wrong topic? Sorry." Jungkook apologises and Taehyung smiles softly.
 
 
 
That small action has Jungkook's heart beat racing.
 
 
 
"They... They're all gone. They probably sacrificed themselves so that the hags wouldn't find me. I'm Kim Seungyoon's great-grandson, after all." Taehyung says the last part bitterly and Jungkook dosen't respond.
 
 
 
"Jungkook..?" Taehyung repeats after a moment of silence.
 
"Yo— You're Kim Seungyoon's... Great-grandson..?" He chokes out and scrambles to push himself out of Taehyung's arms.
 
Taehyung grips Jungkook tighter.
 
"So?"
 
"So?! You—You're like a freakin' legend. I— I'm just me. The unwanted omega—" Jungkook is cut off by Taehyung's hard glare.
 
"For the record, you're extremely cute. You look like a bunny, not a werewolf." 
 
Jungkook's cheeks turn a deep shade of pink.
 
"Yah! I'm extremely manly. Let go of me, you punk!" 
 
Taehyung's eyebrows furrow. 
 
"I just saved your life back there and you're calling me a punk? How ungrateful. How old are you?" Taehyung asks, still not looking at Jungkook.
 
Jungkook leaned his head against Taehyung's chest again.
 
"... Would you believe me if i told you i was 57?" 
 
Taehyung scoffs and rolls his eyes.
 
"No."
 
"Figures. Thought i'd try. I'm 17." 
 
Taehyung smirks. "I'm your hyung. So none of this, 'punk' business. You hear me?" 
 
"Alright ahjussi." Jungkook mutters, the traces of a smile lingering on his expression.
 
Taehyung decides to ignore that comment when he notices a cave and (finally) lets Jungkook down once they're in.
 
"Jungkook-ah." Taehyung begins and Jungkook meets his eyes through the darkness.
 
"Yeah?" 
 
"I'll go get some firewood and maybe some food. I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere." Taehyung stands up and grabs a pocket knife, passing it to Jungkook.
 
Jungkook stares at it in confusion.
 
"Just in case." Taehyung carefully slips the knife into Jungkook's hands and he's off. 
 
Jungkook feels... Oddly comfortable around Taehyung even though they've only just met. He'd follow Taehyung forever if Taehyung wanted him to.
 
Jungkook sits down, cross-legged on the dry ground and almost falls asleep.
 
The lightning flashes and the walls illuminate for just a mere second before he hears the thunder and the rain is pouring.
 
. Taehyung get back here.
 
Jungkook walks towards the cave's entrance and looks up at the sky.
 
Or at least tries to.
 
The rain is icy and definitely not normal.
 
Jungkook curses and strains his eyes to find Taehyung.
 
Stupid weather witches. 
 
"Taehyung?" He calls out and his voice is echoed back to him.
 
"Taehyung!" He yells out again and gets worried.
 
Jungkook grips the handle of the knife and decides to run out, as stupid as it sounded.
 
"Taehyung!" Jungkook yells and runs out, feeling the hail fall onto his bare skin and grits his teeth.
 
He can't speak without getting a mouthful of hail into his mouth.
 
Jungkook runs into the forest, places his hands around his mouth and yells somemore.
 
"Taehyung-ah!" 
 
This time, he hears a quieter "Jungkook?" call back and he runs blindly towards the source.
 
"Where are you?" Taehyung's voice calls back and Jungkook runs and thumps against Taehyung's chest.
 
Jungkook looks up at Taehyung's astonished face, loses his sanity somewhere in the cold hail and wraps his arms around Taehyung's waist.
 
"You had me worried, pabo." He whispers and holds on tighter.
 
Taehyung drops the makeshift sack in shock to run a hand through Jungkook's drenched hair instead.
 
"Now we're both drenched, stupid. This isn't a normal forest. We have to get out." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"So you ran out for me?" Taehyung smirks and arranges the firewood.
 
Taehyung had managed to find an abandoned fishing net and had lined it with leaves, placing the wood in it before the hail came pouring.
 
There was a small fire burning and Jungkook had never been so grateful for such meagre warmth before.
 
"Take off your shirt. You'll fall sick like that." Taehyung says before ing his and placing it aside.
 
Jungkook gulps and finds himself at the wide expanse at skin.
 
His muscles were so freaking defined. It made Jungkook's lean build look pathetic.
 
Jungkook pulls his shirt over his head in one swift movement and place is aside.
 
Jungkook turns back to the fire and feels Taehyung's stare on him. He looks up and sure enough, Taehyung is staring.
 
"What." Jungkook asks and Taehyung gets up to sit next to him.
 
Jungkook's breath hitches as Taehyung traces the scar along his shoulder blades, the scar on his elbow, the burn mark on his side... Every scar.
 
Jungkook's breathing is shallow once Taehyung is finished.
 
"What was that about?" He breathes and Taehyung looks into his dark brown eyes.
 
"How did you get them?" Taehyung asks softly and Jungkook's eyes widen in surprise.
 
"I don't remember. I don't want to. At least, not for every single one of them." Jungkook looks over to the scar on his elbow.
 
"I'll tell you what i can. That one of my elbow, i fell while running from a wild dog. It wanted my ice cream." Jungkook smiles and Taehyung laughs a little, eyes forming cresents.
 
Jungkook runs his fingers over the burn mark. "That one was from when i was 12. I saved the little girl from a house fire. Her house had caught fire and she went back for her doll. I pulled her out but she tripped over a piece of furniture and the burning block fell on my side. That one took forever to heal." Jungkook clucks his tongue and asseses his scars.
 
He'd never bothered much about them. They would just heal, right?
 
Jungkook hadn't noticed how close Taehyung was but when he did, he found himself lost in the elder's deep eyes.
 
Taehyung wasn't really sure what he was doing. Part of him was still ridiculously angry. Angry that omegas were treated like this. 
 
He watched Jungkook look over every scar. He watched how unfazed Jungkook looked. 
 
He somehow managed to love watching Jungkook in his own world.
 
And then he found himself leaning in.
 
When Jungkook had noticed, they were already a few inches away. Jungkook's eyelids fluttered shut and Taehyung placed a quick peck on Jungkook's soft cheeks instead.
 
Kim Taehyung. Great-grandson of Kim Seungyoon. Chickening out on a kiss.
 
Jungkook's eyes fluttered open slowly, as if waking from a daze.
 
When Jungkook fully regains his senses, Taehyung is back on the opposite side of the fire and is tending it.
 
Jungkook blinks.
 
Did i really just imagine that?
 
Jungkook hears Taehyung laughing and frowns.
 
"A penny for your thought?" He says and Taehyung laughs even harder.
 
"I... Don't... Take cash... From... Confused bunnies." And he collapses into another fit of laughter.
 
Jungkook decides this person is not an alpha but just another innocent kid dragged into the dimensional mess.
 
 
 
 
 
In a few hours, the rain is gone and is replaced with cool fresh air. 
 
Taehyung and Jungkook lie next to each other on the damp grass, staring at the sky.
 
"When do you think we'll be able to see the moon again?" Jungkook whispers, hand reaching up to the sky.
 
"I don't know." Taehyung answers truthfully, sneaking a glance at the raven haired boy next to him.
 
Jungkook looked so... Peaceful. The scars scattered over his body didn't leave any lingering damage on his personality at all.
 
Taehyung shut his eyes and listened to the night breeze and silent rustles of grass. 
 
"They'd accept you, you know." Jungkook suddenly says, breaking the comfortable silence.
 
"What?"
 
"The survivors. From what i've heard, there are still hundreds of them. Some packs managed to escape together. Others are all lone survivors. They'd accept you. Take you as their leader." Jungkook explains, tilting his head to look at Taehyung. Taehyung's gaze is fixated on the starry sky and the stars seem to shimmer in Taehyung's dark irises.
 
"What if i don't want to be a leader?" Taehyung says softly and Jungkook turns his whole body so that he's lying on his side, facing Taehyung.
 
"What if you don't want to be a leader?" He asks, as if not believing his own ears.
 
Taehyung nods once.
 
"You aren't the alpha i heard about." Jungkook deadpans, still looking straight at Taehyung.
 
Taehyung turns and lies the same way as Jungkook and raises an eyebrow.
 
"You seem to hear a lot about me."
 
"I do. Being an omega is easy sometimes. You can weave through a crowd easily, you can lurk in the shadows and listen to conversations. Or you could just overhear everything around you. People don't pay much attention to an omega. It works to my advantage." Jungkook laughs bitterly.
 
Taehyung dosen't like hearing Jungkook speak of himself like that. Like he looks down on himself. He wants to pull Jungkook into a hug and tell him that it dosen't matter.
 
"They say, Kim Seungyoon's great-grandson's still out there. He isn't dead. We still have hope. He's a natural leader just like his father. And a whole lot of other stuff. I'd never thought i'd meet you. I thought you were stuck-up. A real grade A jerk." Jungkook says, leaning backwards and lying on his back again, playing with his fingers.
 
"Excuse me?" Taehyung cuts in and Jungkook laughs light-heartedly.
 
"But then i met you. You aren't anything like that. You're modest, shy... ish."
 
"Yah."
 
Jungkook laughs again, ignoring Taehyung's interruption.
 
"You saved me. Twice in the same 5 minutes. You took care of me, told me you'd bring me to safety. And then some things they said about you are true. As much as it hurts my pride to say this... You're good-looking, selfless, brave... Basically you're everything i wanted to be." Jungkook sighs and Taehyung finds himself staring at Jungkook's side profile.
 
Taehyung decides he likes everything about Jungkook. He looks... Like an angel. Eyes gleaming and soulful. 
 
Taehyung realises he wants to make all Jungkook's insecurities go away.
 
"H... Hyung. Can i call you that?" Jungkook asks timidly.
 
Taehyung bites back a smile. "Sure."
 
They fall into another comfortable silence again and Jungkook feels the tiredness creeping up on him.
 
He hasn't had a good night's sleep in ages. 
 
Just as his eyelids flutter close, Taehyung bites his bottom lip and his expressions says, it. And he reaches out to pull Jungkook into his arms under the starry night sky.
 
Jungkook freezes, suddenly wide-awake.
 
"H—Hyung?" He squeaks and Taehyung's eyes are shut.
 
"Just sleep." Taehyung whispers and snuggles in closer. Jungkook apparently realises he needs to breathe, and he smiles softly, uncurling his clenched fists and taking a deep breath.
 
Taehyung smells good.
 
And with one last glance up at Taehyung's peaceful expression, he smiles in content and falls asleep. Feelings safer than he's ever felt in his life.
 
"Goodnight Tae."
 
Jungkook barely catches the reply before he slips into his slumber.
 
"Goodnight Kookie."
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jungkook wakes up to the best smelling bed ever. He took a big whiff and snuggled closer, hugging it.
 
"Do i smell that nice?" A teasing voice calls and Jungkook's eyes snap open.
 
Jungkook realises his arms are around Taehyung's waist and they're still in that position.
 
Jungkook pushes Taehyung away, covering his face with his hands.
 
Damn. Why are my cheeks so hot?
 
"Good morning, cutie." Taehyung says, voice all low and husky.
 
His morning voice sounds so good.
 
"Good morning, jerk." Jungkook retorts back and finds a hand ruffling his hair.
 
"Excuse me?" He says, amused.
 
"You're excused." He teases and stands up, looking at his stained shirt.
 
Oh well it was old anyway.
 
Jungkook looks up, behind their cave was more thick forests but he could see something moving behind the vines.
 
"Hey... What's that?" Jungkook asks, squinting his eyes. Trying to see through the morning fog.
 
"What?" Taehyung asks standing next to Jungkook, shirtless.
 
"It it a witch?" Jungkook asks, trying to get a closer look. 
 
In broad daylight? It can't be.
 
Something in Taehyung's gut tingles.
 
Taehyung's eyes widen. 
 
"That's no witch. That's Namjoon." Taehyung breathes and dashes towards the blonde.
 
Who the hell is Namjoon?
 
Jungkook sighs and follows after Taehyung slowly.
 
It's just too damn early for a workout.
 
Jungkook gets closer and realises that the blonde is another werewolf. He watches as Taehyung jumps onto the blonde's back and the blonde looks panicked and tries to peel him off.
 
And then he freezes and they hug like long lost lovers.
 
It would've been a beautiful sight if Jungkook hadn't been feeling so bitter and jealous.
 
Jungkook ends up standing next to them awkwardly and Taehyung has tears in his eyes as he smiles brightly.
 
"Jungkookie." He breathes. "This is Namjoon, my trainer back when i was with my pack."
 
Junkook feels the weight lifting off his shoulders and Namjoon smiles at him kindly.
 
Jungkook smiles back. "Hi."
 
Taehyung looks so happy to see a familiar face and Jungkook can't help but stare at him.
 
He looks like an excited little boy.
 
"Is anyone still here? Hojin?" Taehyung asks but Namjoon's expression hardens.
 
"Some. Hojin... Didn't make it." Taehyung's face falls and he grips Jungkook's hand.
 
Jungkook grips back.
 
Namjoon raises a brow at their exchange and smiles softly at Jungkook.
 
"Why are you here alone?" Taehyung asks, biting his bottom lip.
 
"You've heard of the survivors, right? We went to them. I'm out scouting, actually. They'll be glad to see you." Namjoon smiles and Jungkook feels Taehyung's grip falter.
 
What if I don't want to be a leader?
 
The memory of his quiet words echo in his head and Jungkook grips his hand tighter and leans over to peck Taehyung's cheek.
 
Taehyung freezes and Jungkook looks away. 
 
"As adorable as the two of you are, i should bring you to the safe haven." Namjoon says and turns, walking a few steps before stopping.
 
"Where is it?" Jungkook asks, curious eyes darting around and squinting into the distnace.
 
Namjoon turns to smile at them.
 
"You're standing on it."
 
Namjoon squats down to push a few stray vines away and tapping his knuckle against the top in a rhythm.
 
The trap-door slides open and Jungkook stares, amazed.
 
"It's underground?" 
 
"Yup." 
 
Namjoon begins climbing down the ladder and they follow suit, Taehyung first, deeper into the hideout.
 
Just when Jungkook was about to complain, he feels himself being lifted by the waist onto the ground and he squeaks.
 
"You scared me less." Jungkook hisses and Taehyung smiles. 
 
"I could see you about to die by climbing that ladder. I just helped you." He leans in to whisper that and Jungkook blushes, pushing Taehyung away half-heartedly.
 
"Jerk."
 
They pass by a hall and follow Namjoon closely. There were so many halls, Jungkook would get lost in a minute.
 
Namjoon pushes open a door and reveals a large dining area, filled with werewolves. Everyone turns to look at the newcomers and Jungkook looks down at his feet.
 
Is that Kim Seungyoon's great-grandson? Kim Taehyung?
 
It is! Who is that though? 
 
Maybe a servant. 
 
Something in Taehyung snaps and his eyes find the culprit who said that.
 
Taehyung slips his hand into Jungkook's, interlacing their fingers.
 
There are collective gasps from around the room and Jungkook catches Taehyung's gaze.
 
"What are you doing?" He hisses, trying to pull his hand away and Taehyung his head to the side.
 
"Showing them that you're not a servant. You're mine." He says lowly and Jungkook gulps.
 
Did you hear that?
 
His? Kim Taehyung is gay?
 
What a shame. He looks hot.
 
Jungkook keeps looking at the ground as they follow Namjoon into an office behind the dining area.
 
"I'm... Sorry for the commotion. We haven't had any newcomers in months." Namjoon says and signals for them to sit down.
 
"Who's in-charge around here?" Taehyung asks, looking around.
 
Namjoon raises a brow.
 
"Previously? No one. Now? You." 
 
Taehyung chokes on his own saliva and looks at Namjoon in astonishment.
 
"What?!" 
 
Jungkook pats Taehyung's back next to him awkwardly.
 
"You were trained for this. They need a leader and you're the only person they will follow."
 
"What about you?" Jungkook finds himself asking and Namjoon looks at him.
 
"I was temporarily in-charge until this guy comes along." He says, pointing at Taehyung.
 
"I'll be your beta, if you'd like. But thats the most i can be. No one here will listen to anyone but you." 
 
"... Do you have a plan?" Taehyung asks after a beat of silence and a wide smile stretches over Namjoon's expression, dimples showing.
 
"A plan? Hell no. But plans? Plenty." On cue, the door opens and a feminine looking werewolf struts in, pecking Namjoon on the cheek.
 
"Was waiting for my cue." He says as Jungkook and Taehyung stare at the two.
 
Namjoon clears his throat awkwardly. "This is Seokjin. Head of our planning department." 
 
Taehyung is obviously shooting Namjoon the 'and...?' look and the elder sighs.
 
"And... My boyfriend." 
 
Jungkook looks shocked but gets over it quickly.
 
"I know Taehyung but i don't know you. Hi, i'm Seokjin. You can call me Jin." The red-haired male introduces himself and Jungkook looks shocked at being acknowledged.
 
"I'm Jungkook." Jin smiles widely and ruffles Jungkook's black hair.
 
"He's adorable. Just like a bunny."
 
Taehyung shoots Jin a rectangle smile. 
 
"I know." 
 
Jungkook groans softly and covers his face. This feels like a meet-the-parents session or something.
 
"So let's get down to business. Taehyung, will you lead us?" Jin asks, tone completely different and Taehyung's hands find Jungkook's again.
 
Jungkook gives Taehyung's hand a reassuring squeeze.
 
"Alright. I'll lead you guys." He says awkwardly and Namjoon beams again.
 
He stands up and reaches into a cabinet to bring out a big booklet. It's littered with post-its and notes. 
 
The front cover says,
 
Highly Confidential. 
 
Choi Hojin.
 
"He told me not to show it to you until you agreed voluntarily." Namjoon says, passing Taehyung the book.
 
Taehyung runs his fingers along the writing delicately.
 
"We'll leave in a week, since you're here. Announce your return to the survivors and pick out a plan. And also, geez. Change the outfits. Jimin's gonna flip out once he's seen what you've done to his favourite couch."
 
Jin leaves the room, shooting a wink in their direction. 
 
"You two are just adorable." He says and the door closes.
 
Jungkook is still rather affected by Jin's comment but Taehyung sinks down onto the chair.
 
"What am i doing? I can't lead them! I don't know the first thing about leadership!" Taehyung cries out and Jungkook places a hand on Taehyung's cheek.
 
"Please. You could tell these people to follow you as you jump into the ocean. Why? Because they look up to you. They respect you. Namjoon was right. If they don't listen to you, they'll listen to no one." Jungkook pauses, sitting next to Taehyung.
 
"You can always learn. That's what we're doing everyday, aren't we? Learning new things. I, for one, learned that there really was someone who would overlook my status and see me for me. Not as an omega or anything else. I learned that cuddling was the best thing ever. I learned that the jerk, Kim Taehyung is actually a sweetheart. I learne—" Taehyung stops Jungkook's speech with a quick peck on his lips and Jungkook is staring back at him, eyes wide.
 
"Wh—" Jungkook tries but is silenced by Taehyung's lips again.
 
"You talk a lot for a bunny." Taehyung leans forward again and this time, Jungkook meets him halfway.
 
It lasted much longer than the previous two. Completely innocent but at the same time, passionate.
 
"I was just trying to make you feel better." Jungkook whispers after that and Taehyung smiles against his lips.
 
"It did make me feel better. But your lips were moving and i couldn't resist." 
 
Jungkook's cheeks flush red.
 
"Jerk..." He says in his embarassment and Taehyung laughs leaning his forward against Jungkook's again.
 
"Your jerk." And they're kissing again.
 
The door opens abruptly, Namjoon's head sticking in.
 
"Aren't you two com— Oh. Uh... This is awkward. Continue what you were doing earlier. I'll... Come back in 5 minutes with some food for you two... Yeah."
 
The door closes and Jungkook stands up. "We shou—"
 
Jungkook is cut off by Taehyung grabbing his wrist and pulling him back down.
 
"We should... Stay here like this for another 5 minutes like Namjoon said." Taehyung smiles softly at Jungkook through his lashes and Jungkook can't help but melt a little.
 
Taehyung leans forward and catches Jungkook's lips again, slowly nipping and just enjoying the feeling of Jungkook's soft lips against his.
 
"We should get off the couch and go, Tae." Jungkook whispers as he pushes Taehyung back with his hand on Taehyung's chest.
 
"Why?" Taehyung whines and Jungkook smiles softly.
 
"Because i don't know who this Jimin fellow is, but i wouldn't want to anger him anymore than we alreay have by dirtying that couch."