we're both idiots

You're Mine

 


✄ ✄ ✄

 
in which jungkook gets possesive over an oblivious taehyung.
 
tags: crack, romance, fluff
 
word count: 2585
 
promot by:
 
destickles
(senpaaaaaaaaai— hi. how many times i've written for you i don't know tbh)
 

✄ ✄ ✄

 
 "Jungkookie!" Taehyung calls, running towards the younger and wrapping an arm over his shoulder, smiling widely.
 
 
 
"What do you want, Kim Taehyung." Jungkook deadpans, looking away to avoid the blush on his cheeks. 
 
 
 
"I want to go visit you at your dance class!" Taehyung exclaims after a beat and Jungkook turns, mortified.
 
 
 
"What?! No!" The red is embarassingly noticeable now and he curses himself for being so pale-skinned.
 
 
 
At least it isn't as bad as Yoongi. Brrr.
 
 
 
"Why?" Taehyung whines and Jungkook has to look away again.
 
 
 
Kim Taehyung and his antics. Why do i still like this kid?
 
 
 
 
 
"Do you have something you're afraid to show me?" Taehyung teases and Jungkook looks back at him.
 
 
 
"... No. It's just... Embarassing." Jungkook says and they reach their homeroom door.
 
 
 
What if i screw up with you there watching? I'll never live it down.
 
 
 
"Why? Do you like someone there?" Taehyung's voice comes out amused and Jungkook's heart sinks.
 
 
 
No. I like you, you ing idiot.
 
 
 
"No. I just don't want to bring you there." Jungkook tries a tone of finality but of course. Such things never work against Kim Taehyung.
 
 
 
"I didn't mean to have to resort to this but..." Taehyung trails off and pushes open the door standing in front of the class. (An act of which anyone barely paid any attention to. Experiencing such nonsense was a daily routine for them.)
 
 
 
"I have an announcement to make. Jeon Jungkook has a tedd—" Taehyung is cut of by a hard slap of a hand over his mouth.
 
 
 
Jungkook's glare was literally making everyone shrink, by everyone i mean those who were actually paying attention to Taehyung.
 
 
 
The next thing Taehyung does makes Jungkook recoil and jump back, eyes wide.
 
 
 
Taehyung attempts to talk even with Jungkook's hand over his lips and the soft lips that Jungkook has been dying to have a taste of, are moving against his palm.
 
 
 
Jungkook gulps.
 
 
 
And then squeaks and recoils back like a bunny.
 
 
 
"Can i go to your dance class now?" Taehyung asks sweetly, a -eating grin taking over his expression.
 
 
 
Jungkook sighs and shakes lightly his defeat, running a hand through his red locks.
 
 
 
"Do i have a choice?" He mutters and Taehyung skips over to link their arms and lead him to their desks at the back.
 
 
 
"Nope."
 
 
 
Jungkook shakes his head again, wondering how he fell for this idiot for the umpteenth time this week.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kim Taehyung is Jungkook's best friend. Has been since forever and will be for that long too.
 
 
 
Hopefully.
 
 
 
Jungkook had grown fond of Taehyung's stupid acts not so long ago. If he had to look back and think about which crush of his was the most unexpecteded, it would be this one.
 
 
It was when he'd accidentally gotten too close and then he realised that, damn i want to kiss those lips.
 
 
Jungkook had fallen into a stage of denial and was probably the biggest alive when he avoided Taehyung for a week. But you can't avoid your best friend for long. 
 
 
 
Jungkook was bi, so was Taehyung. They'd both had their fair share of relationships. (Although Jungkook could never tell for sure if Taehyung's relationships were serious or not.)
 
 
 
It all began when Jungkook suddenly felt so... Protective of Taehyung. It wasn't like the 'back-off-dont-hurt-him' brotherly thing. It was a fiering 'back-the--away-and-keep-your-hands-to-yourself-he's-mine' type.
 
 
 
In all honesty, it scared the out Jungkook at first.
 
 
 
Am i really falling for my stupid best friend?
 
 
 
He had thought and turned to look at Taehyung.
 
 
 
To no one's surprise, Taehyung was doing weird again. He sat down onto the adjustable chair and pulled the lever so that it was at its maximum height. Then he creepily smiled at Jungkook and shouted, "SWAG" and pulled the lever as the chair slowly sank back down.
 
 
 
Yep. Jungkook must've been definitely insane to have fallen for this loser of a best friend.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The first time the possesiveness appeared was when Hoseok had appeared and decided to wrap an arm around Taehyung's waist while the latter was on his phone playing flappy bird.
 
 
 
Taehyung had yelped but made no movement to push him away.
 
 
 
And some unknown force washed over Jungkook, causing him to look Hoseok square in the eye and mouth. 'Hands. Off.'
 
 
 
Hoseok's adam's apple bobbed and the hand fell off Taehyung's waist inmediately.
 
 
 
He still dosen't really know what in the devil came over him, but he apologised to Hoseok after that and he just gave Jungkook a knowing look.
 
 
 
"You're getting more and more obvious, Jungkook-ah." He says and turns to walk away. Leaving a dumbfounded Jungkook staring at his disappearing back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The second time it happened, was when Jungkook caught Taehyung fanboying over someone.
 
 
 
He still dosen't know who it was— Wow, Jungkook sure dosen't know a lot— but Taehyung was telling Jungkook about how freakin' cute he was and Jungkook had steam coming out of his ears.
 
 
 
"Oh my god. You don't even know! Its like, his face is so adorable. And then when he laughs his eyes turn into crescents."
 
 
 
They were all seated at the table during Lunch and Namjoon had let out a low whistle as Hoseok smirked and leaned back to see when Jungkook would lose it.
 
 
 
Sure enough, Jungkook slammed his spoon into his bowl and Taehyung stopped swooning.
 
 
 
"What's wrong, Kookie?"
 
 
 
"Who are we talking about again?" Hoseok asks, amused.
 
 
 
"Choi Junhong!" Taehyung answers enthusiastically and Jungkook stabs at his fries unhappily.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm so excited! I'm gonna see my Kookie dance for the first time in my life!" Taehyung jumps up and claps his hand, walking backwards ahead of Jungkook.
 
 
 
Jungkook is surprised he hasn't knocked into anything yet.
 
 
 
"You've seen me dance before. Numerous times, in fact." Jungkook states, slightly annoyed that Taehyung dosen't remember.
 
 
 
"Oh yeah. You dance in the shower." Taehyung says nonchalantly and Jungkook freezes.
 
 
 
"You've seen me dance in the shower?!" He yells and Taehyung looks back at him innocently, eyes wide and head cocked to the side.
 
 
 
Aw.
 
 
 
"I could only see the shape through the toilet curtains. I walked in to take a piss and you were there so i watched."
 
 
 
By now, Jungkook's cheeks were a glorious shade of red.
 
 
 
"What?!" He croaks out again and then turns to realise that they had passed by the dancing school by a few blocks.
 
 
 
Cursing, he turned around and Taehyung followed.
 
 
 
"There it is. Now, you sit at the back and don't say anything. Okay? You're just there to watch. Understood?" Jungkook says firmly and Taehyung nods like an obedient puppy.
 
 
 
Jungkook turns to greet his friends when Taehyung's chirpy voice calls him.
 
 
 
"Jungkookie." He says cutely, flashing his signature rectangle smile that leaves Jungkook (stupidly) stumped and (stupidly) breathless.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Have fun, okay?" 
 
"O—Okay." He manages and hears Jimin's annoying voice calling him out of his trance.
 
 
 
"Who's that?" Jimin asks eagerly and Jungkook frowns. 
 
 
 
"My... Best friend. Why?"
 
 
 
"He's cute." Jimin says and Jungkook feels the possesiveness taking over and he glares at Jimin.
 
 
 
He's never liked beating around the bush. Maybe that's probably why he likes Taehyung so much. He's straightforward. And a little stupid.
 
 
 
Before Jungkook can physically attack Jimin, the dance instructor calls everyone to gather to begin the lesson.
 
 
 
Jungkook turns and finds Taehyung smiling at him, showing him a thumbs up and Jungkook tries not to walk over and ruffle the stupid boy's hair.
 
 
 
Because even though he may be on the dense side, Taehyung is way too cute.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The lesson is finally over. Jungkook admits he had spent it trying not to stare at Taehyung through the full length mirror for too long. (And failing horribly, at that.)
 
 
 
Jungkook walks over to Taehyung immediately and finds the latter asleep cutely in a corner, breath even and comforting.
 
 
 
He smiles and puts his towel over his neck and leans down to shake Taehyung awake.
 
 
 
"5 more minutes, umma..." Taehyung grumbles and his tongue comes out to his lips and Jungkook freezes.
 
 
 
The scene is replaying in his mind now and Jungkook has to bite his lip and continue shaking him.
 
 
 
"Yah. Wake up. Kim. Tae. Hyung." Jungkook calls and Taehyung opens his droopy eyes sleepily.
 
 
 
And his morning voice just...
 
 
 
"Hey, Kookie." 
 
 
 
Jungkook wants to drop his pants.
 
 
 
"Why were you asleep during my dance lesson!" He whines and Taehyung smiles, still sleepy.
 
 
 
"I saw you dancing, it's okay! You're really good!" He flashes a thumbs up and Jungkook almost swoons.
 
 
 
"Jungkook! Can you come over for a moment?" Jimin calls and Jungkook rolls his eyes.
 
 
 
"What do you want, Park." He says, glare fixated on him.
 
 
 
"Ouch. You hurt me. Anyway, is Taehyung single? I'd like to tap that to be hon—" Jimin begins and Jungkook feels his fists clenching.
 
 
 
Tae is in' mine and if you try anything sketchy i will end you personally.
 
 
 
"Taehyung is coming." Jimin whispers and Jungkook immediately wipes the murderous look off his expression and looks around.
 
 
 
He feels Taehyung's arms wrap around his shoulders and the whining begins.
 
 
 
"Kookieeeee. I'm so hungryyyyy. Can we go now?" He whines and Jungkook wants to kill himself when his cheeks begin warming up again.
 
 
 
"Hi. I'm Jimin. Are you single?" Jimin asks, a stupid grin in his face.
 
 
 
"Why, yes i am! I am the one and only!" Taehyung exclaims stupidly from behind Jungkook and Jimin laughs.
 
 
 
Jungkook facepalms himself but is somewhat satisfied with Taehyung's answer.
 
 
 
Although it would be better if you weren't single and were mine.
 
 
 
Oh god did he just—
 
 
 
Whilst Jungkook mentally beat himself up, Jimin is chatting Taehyung up and Jungkook stalks over, wraps his arms around Taehyung's waist and pecks his cheek.
 
 
 
"You were hungry, right? Then let's go." Taehyung looks giddy (and then again he's usually high) and just nods, waving Jimin goodbye.
 
 
 
Jungkook shoots Jimin a 'don't-you-dare' glare and then he's out of the dancing school.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Jungkook-ah. Do you think i'm cute?" Taehyung asks while they're having ice cream at the park.
 
Jungkook's spoon freezes halfway to his mouth. 
 
"What?" He blurts and Taehyung leans in somemore.
 
"Am i cute?" He asks again, eyes gleaming.
 
Very.
 
"In a way." Jungkook says instead, continuing to shove the ice cream into his mouth.
 
"I see." Taehyung pouts and looks to the side a little and Jungkook almost dies. 
 
Jesus, what the asdfghjkl are you doing no stop it.
 
 
 
 
 
Jungkook decides Taehyung knows. The stupid kid had spent the past hour frustrating the crap out of Jungkook.
 
Lip bites... Pouting... Lip ... Lip .
 
Jungkook is just about to lose it.
 
 
 
 
By the time the day is over, Jungkook is lying on his bed. Trying to calm himself down.
 
Taehyung. Taehyung. Taehyung. Taehyung.
 
Jungkook groans and flips the blanket onto the ground and thrashes for a bit, reminiscing the lip bites, pouts—
 
Oh why.
 
His phone vibrates, signalling a message being received. He turns and unlocks it.
 
*From: Namjoon*
*Hey punk. Tomorrow we're going out for Lunch. Wanna come with?*
 
He dosen't think much about it and texts back.
 
*To: Namjoon*
*Yeah. Whatever.*
 
Jungkook had no idea what he was in for.
 
 
 
 
He finds himself seated primly between Yoongi and Namjoon. On the opposite side is Taehyung, sandwiched between Jung Hoseok and Park Jimin.
 
Apparently, Park Jimin and Jung Hoseok were childhood friends and .
 
So here he was, watching helplessly as Park and Jung flirted the pants off Taehyung.
 
And the worse thing is, Taehyung's letting them.
 
10 minutes into the lunch and he wants to rip Park Jimin's hands off Taehyung and kick Hoseok where it hurts most.
 
The food isn't even here yet to distract him and he crushes the paper napkin in his fist.
 
"So. Taehyungie." Jimin begins.
 
How dare he—
 
"Do you like anyone?" Jungkook's eyes flicker upwards for a moment and Taehyung meets his gaze but turns away to face Jimin again.
 
"Yeah... Actually. I don't know if he likes me back." Taehyung replies, sounding crestfallen and Jungkook's gaze is firmly locked on Taehyung. (Who dosen't seem to be looking at Jungkook anytime soon.)
 
"Who is it?" Jungkook finds himself asking and his own eyes widen.
 
, , , .
 
Taehyung finally looks at him for the second time that day.
 
"I can't say." 
 
And then Jimin is pinching Taehyung's cheeks.
 
"Awww. You're shy aren't you? So. What do you think of our Jungkookie?" Jimin says and Jungkook feels his hands slam on the table as he stands up.
 
"We're leaving." He says and squeezes past Namjoon and pulls Taehyung out by the hand.
 
Taehyung's hand fits his and he wonders briefly why he never held his hand like this before.
 
"Jungkookie?" Taehyung asks and Jungkook bites his lip.
 
What exactly am i doing?
 
Jungkook pulls Taehyung to a dark alley  and then pushes Taehyung up against the wall, leaning in close.
 
"Who were you talking about?" He asks and Taehyung stares back at him.
 
"What?" Taehyung's voice cracks a little and he bites his lip.
 
"Who did you say you like?" Jungkook feels awkward asking it but he dosen't care.
 
There's a silence and Taehyung's hands reach up to clutch at Jungkook's collar.
 
"You." He breathes softly and Jungkook dosen't allow a second to pass without them kissing.
 
Jungkook crashes his lips against Taehyung's and the grip on his collar tightens. Jungkook's hands are tracing circles on Taehyung's waist as he tilts his head a little.
 
Taehyung moans and Jungkook can't find any sanity in himself to stop.
 
Actually, come to think of it. I'd be insane to stop now.
 
He continues to trace Taehyung's bottom lip with his tongue and is granted access immediately, their tongues finding each other desperately. Something they'd been missing since forever.
 
The grip on his collar is gone and Taehyung's arms are slung over Jungkook's shoulders comfortably as they keep on kissing. 
 
It's not rough. It was an exchange of unspoken emotions and Jungkook had never felt so light in his life.
 
Taehyung for gods' sake was kissing him back.
 
And he didn't know what else could be better.
 
(You know, other than cuddles, dates... But that could wait. After all, they had the rest of their lives ahead of them.)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"When did you begin liking me?" Jungkook asks, swinging Taehyung and his interlocked hands.


"Quite a while ago, i guess. I think it was about the time when we were in your room and then you turned to face me and we almost kissed. I realised, i wanted to kiss you." Taehyung says, the blush evident and Jungkook mentally squeals.
 
 
"And then you avoided me for a while, so i thought it was nothing." He continues and Jungkook wants to beat himself up all over again.
 

"We're both idiots, i guess. Because i realised i liked you around that time too."
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Who's Choi Junhong." Jungkook asks angrily. His fingers are stil interlaced with Taehyung's and everyone sitting at the table laughs.
 
 
 
"You keep saying 'Choi Junhong is so cute', 'He's so tall' and 'He's so adorable' right in front of me. Hello? Your boyfriend here?" Jungkook complains and everyone is trying not to burst out laughing.
 
 
 
"Junhongie is my 10 year-old cousin, Kookie." 
 
 
 
Oh.
 
 
 
 
A/N: tbh i'm pretty disappointed at how this turned out but oh well 
 
- edited 15-12-14 -