take my hand

You're Mine
✄ ✄ ✄
taehyung brings jungkook to the palace
 
tags: fluff, fantasy
word count: 2490
 
a/n:
this is the long awaited sequel of i plan on stealing your heart and making it mine (i actually had no idea what i was doing while writing this so forgive me if it turns out bad)
 
dedicated to:
destickles as an apology for my non-existent updates for issues in the past weeks. ily friend
 
✄ ✄ 
 
"You're cheesy." Jungkook frowns, mumbling his previous words as he plops himself next to Taehyung on the carriage seat.
 
Carriage ettiquette be damned.
 
"But don't pretend you don't like it." Taehyung stage-whispers pointedly and Jungkook has to look away to hide the blush creeping up his cheek.
 
Maybe he does like it. 
 
To a certain extent.
 
Jungkook has never had the luxury to enjoy a carriage ride before. 
 
Despite living there all his life, Hagentroy seemed to look much more beautiful from the windows of the carriage.
 
"So... How old are you?" Taehyung asks, cocking his head to the side and staring at Jungkook's side profile, eyes running over his sharp jawline, cute eyes and small mouth.
 
"That's a bad question. You should ask, 'How young are you?'" Jungkook says easily, still admiring the way the carriage seemed to roll away from the bright lights of the town.
 
"Alright then, how young are you?" Taehyung says teasingly, smiling widely and Jungkook can barely recover in time for a snarky reply.
 
That smile is glorious.
 
"I'm 17."
 
"And i'm 18." Taehyung grins again and Jungkook feels the warmth climbing up to his cheeks.
 
"I didn't ask." Jungkook finds it in himself to retort, perhaps a mili-second too late.
 
"I bet you were wondering anyway." Taehyung shrugs and looks away. The rest of the ride is silent and when they arrive, Taehyung slips the cash into the driver's open palm.
 
Jungkook had forgetten he was headed to the palace. In all actuality, he'd forgotten that Taehyung was royalty.
 
He just seemed so damned normal.
 
Jungkook turns around the see Taehyung trying to pick some daisies on the roadside and his heart warms.
 
He's just so normal.
 
Taehyung takes the prettiest one and heads up to Jungkook, handing it to him.
 
"You do realise i could just grow this, right?" 
 
"You're not gonna be growing any more crops while i'm with you. You're gonna be sitting next to me while i help my
sister rule this kingdom." Taehyung says, matter-of-factly and Jungkook chokes.
 
"What?" Jungkook manages out between coughs.
 
"You heard me. I'm going to court you and we'll have a happily ever after!" Taehyung grins again and the snarky reply Jungkook had coming fades away.
 
"I'd like that." Jungkook whispers softly to himself while he watches Taehyung skip towards a side entrance.
 
"Over here!" Taehyung beckons Jungkook over and the younger laughs at the childishness.
 
Taehyung slips a key into the lock and turns, pushing the door open slowly and Jungkook follows behind, entranced.
 
Never in his life had he seen so many beautiful horses in one place.
 
Taehyung notices Jungkook awe and carefully takes the younger's hand, pulling him towards one of the black horses.
 
"This is Winter." Taehyung smiles widely again, not noticing Jungkook's blush at the contact of their fingers.
 
"Winter? For a black horse?" Jungkook teases and Taehyung pouts.
 
"I named her when i was 5!" He protests and Jungkook squeezes Taehyung's hand in response.
 
"It was an adorable thing to do." Jungkook uses his free hand to reach up and brush Winter's mane.
 
Winter leans into Jungkook's hand and it only makes Jungkook smile even wider.
 
"I think she likes me." Jungkook whispers and Taehyung laughs.
 
"She likes whoever i like. There was once this prince from another kingdom visited. He spilled juice over my favourite robe and i hated him so badly. When he came to the stables, the brat wanted to take Winter out but she kicked at him and he ran away." Taehyung smiles fondly at the horse and Jungkook chuckles.
 
Jungkook wants Taehyung to look at him like that. Like he was special.
 
"Do you want to take her for a ride?" Taehyung asks suddenly and Jungkook's face lights up.
 
"Really? I could?" He asks and Taehyung uses his hand to push back a stray lock of hair from Jungkook's face.
 
"Of course." 
 
"But i want to do it with you." Jungkook says, looking away to hide his blush.
 
He swears Taehyung is evil because Taehyung laughs at his embarassed state.
 
"Then we shall." 
 
 
 
 
 
It takes another 5 minutes for them to actually leave the stables and continue on the tour. 
 
Taehyung's hand is still in Jungkook's and they've already long forgotten how shy they suould feel about it.
 
"Okay. On the count of three, we run up those stairs and enter the last room on the right, okay?" Taehyung whispers loudly and Jungkook beams, nodding.
 
"One... Two... Three!" Taehyung says and they dash up the stairs and disappear into the room.
 
Taehyung laughs and he falls onto the bed panting.
 
Jungkook is laughing too because he's never found such thrill in running for a long while.
 
"Kim. Taehyung! Do you have any idea what time it i— Oh. Hello."
 
Taehyung immediatelys jumps upright.
 
"Noona!" He cries out and Jungkook looks between them in confusion.
 
"Who's this? Wait. Is it that boy you went and had that ear-cuff made for?" Taehyung's noona cries out excitedly and Taehyung flushes.
 
"Noona! Don't embarass me like that!" He yells and covers his face with his hands.
 
Jungkook is raising a brow at the spectacle and Taehyung's noona turns to him.
 
"Oh, our Taehyung here is really whipped for you, trust me. You should've heard him." His noona says again and Taehyung throws a random object that she deflects easily.
 
"Noona!"
 
"Really. It was 1am and he woke the blacksmith u—" Jungkook is smiling as Taehyung gets up and pushes his noona out of the door.
 
"Evil hag. Get away!"
 
"What did you say?! Who was the one who covered for you when you wanted to leave?!" 
 
"And you did a terrible job! I had the runs because of that terrible medicine!" Taehyung yells and she holds onto the door frame, refusing to leave.
 
"Yah! Be grateful, you brat!" She yells before Taehyung slams the door shut.
 
Taehyung's heaving and Jungkook has to stiffle a laugh.
 
"Whipped, eh?" Jungkook starts and Taehyung groans, the pink on his cheeks deepening.
 
"Oh, not you too!" He cries and collapses on the bed again.
 
Jungkook gets up and bends over the side of the bed to look down at Taehyung.
 
Jungkook dosen't say anything as he stares at Taehyung's perfect features and briefly wonders how he got so lucky when Taehyung says something that throws him off balance.
 
"I actually am. Whipped. Kind of." 
 
Jungkook widens his eyes and Taehyung smiles reaching out to take Jungkook's hand and pull the younger next to him.
 
"This is weird but i've only known you for a while and if anyone asked, i'd tell them that i'm in love with you. I don't know why. It would just come out easily." Taehyung says, looking at their intertwined fingers.
 
Jungkook couldn't come up with words as he just stares at te ceiling, feeling the way Taehyung's hand fit perfectly in his.
 
"Can you say it?" Jungkook finally asks after a while. His voice is soft and he sounds unsure.
 
Taehyung wants all of that insecurity to disappear.
 
"I love you." It comes out effortlessly and Taehyung is mildly embarassed beause he's never said it and meant it so much before.
 
"Say it again." Jungkook sounds breathless and Taehyung complies, squeezing his hand tighter.
 
"I love you." Taehyung says matter-of-factly as he turns his head to meet Jungkook's eyes.
 
"Again." Jungkook asks again, feeling light-headed at his lack of breath.
 
"I'll say it a thousand times and a thousand times more if you want me to." 
 
Jungkook finally takes an intake of breath as the words sink in and he finds himself believing them.
 
"Then a thousand more times it will be." Courage surges through Jungkook and he leans over to lean his head on Taehyung's chest to listen to his heartbeat.
 
Taehyung laughs and extracts his fingers from Jungkook's earning a whine from the younger.
 
Taehyung laughs again as he uses his other hand to wrap around Jungkook's waist to pull him closer.
 
Jungkook dosen't know how long he stays frozen in that position before he slowly succumbs to the sleep.
 
But he does know that it was the best sleep he's had in his life and that he wishes that he'd never have to wake up.
 
 
 
 
 
"Taehyung! Breakfast is re— Oh." A deep voice sounds through the room after the door is flung open and Taehyung is jolted awake.
 
"Care to explain, Taehyung?" The deep voice sounds again and Taehyung freezes.
 
Jungkook stirs lightly in his sleep and curls even closer to Taehyung, pulling at his sleeve.
 
Taehyung stays frozen as he laughs awkwardly.
 
"I can explain." Taehyung says first and his father raises an eyebrow, prompting him to go on.
 
Taehyung keeps quiet because he has no idea how to put this into words.
 
"You don't really have to, actually. I kind of knew you were sneaking out. Your old man isn't stupid." The king smirks and Taehyng gulps audibly.
 
Jungkook stirs again and slings his other arm over Taehyung, pulling him down.
 
Taehyung tries to extract himself out of Jungkook's tight grip but fails and ends up falling unceremoniously back on the bed.
 
"I'm guessing this is Jungkook?" 
 
Taehyung manages to squeak out a "Yes" and he hears a chuckle.
 
"Tell your old man about it later. And for the record, nothing is kept from me within the palace walls, Taehyung-ah." 
 
It's all he says and the door slams shut behind him and Taehyung winces, hearing the soft cuss and apology from his father through the door which causes him to burst out laughing.
 
Jungkook's grip suddenly falters and the boy slowly peels his eyes open.
 
Taehyung smiles and stares back at the dazed expression on Jungkook's morning face, waiting for the younger to react.
 
And react he did.
 
Jungkook yelps and flails his arms before scooting back, almost falling off the bed if not for Taehyung's quick reflexes.
 
"Oh my god it wasn't a dream." Jungkook exclaims and he covers his face with his hands.
 
"It wasn't." Taehyung confirms and Jungkook turns another shade of red.
 
"This is so embarassing." Jungkook sighs and Taehyung laughs brightly again. 
 
That stupid smile makes Jungkook want to throw his arms around Taehyung and hug the life out of him.
 
"It might've been. Oh and, my dad was here just a while ago." 
 
"What?! While i was asleep?!" Jungkook cries out, jumping out of the bed and checking his attire.
 
Jungkook seemed terrified at being seen by the king in just commoner's garbs but Taehyung couldn't disagree any more.
 
Jungkook looked perfect in anything he was wearing.
 
"For the record, i think he likes you." Taehyung tries and Jungkook looks up. Just a little.
 
"Really— Wait, since when did this become a meet-the-parents session?" Jungkook questions, his usual snarkiness making an abrupt appearance.
 
Taehyung shrugs because, he has no idea either but one thing he knows, is that Jungkook will be sticking around here for a long time.
 
"So... He didn't mind my outfit?"
 
 
 
 
 
Jungkook and Taehyung had freshened up, they'd both went to the dining area to see the king seated on the far end of the long table.
 
The king gestured for them to sit and Jungkook takes a moment to stare at the wide array of utensils in confusion.
 
"Hello, you must be Jungkook." The king smiles and Jungkook manages to find his manners as he bows awkwardly in his seat.
 
"Yeah— I mean, yes, sir."
 
Taehyung chuckles from his seat and Jungkook may or may not have shot him a glare.
 
"Please, drop the formalities. Now, when are you and Taehyung getting married?" 
 
Taehyung loses his grip on the fork he was holding and Jungkook's jaw drops.
 
"M— Mar—Marriage?" Jungkook squeaks out and Taehyung only stares at his father incredulously.
 
"Of course! Our Taehyung isn't getting any younger!" The king says and Jungkook feels his face heating up again.
 
He turns and fans his face while Taehyung mouths something to his father.
 
Jungkook briefly wonders what Taehyung says but decides not to ask.
 
"Alright then! It's settled. How does next month sound?" The old man exclaims and Jungkook needs a cup of water to cool down.
 
"Appa!" Taehyung yells again and the dining hall is utter chaos.
 
"But you just agreed!"
 
"And we need Jungkook and his parent's consent?" Taehyung argues back and his father is silent.
 
"Oh. I had forgotten about that." 
 
Jungkook feels the smile tugging at his lips on how normal the royal family seems. 
 
"Taehyung your mother would be so happy to hear this. Oh my god, i should get a messenger to pass her a message immediately!" Taehyung's father stands up to leave, eyes shining and Jungkook can practically feel the love in this family.
 
He feels Taehyung's foot prodding his and he looks up to meet Taehyung's eyes.
 
'What do you think?' He mouths and Jungkook bites his lip before replying.
 
'I actually don't really mind. Besides, i don't think i could marry anyone else.'
 
'Then it's alright?' Taehyung asks again and Jungkook smiles, wider this time.
 
'It's more than alright.'
 
 
 
 
 
"Why did you think it was a dream?" Taehyung asks later that very day, when he's saddling up Winter for their promised ride.
 
"Because it seemed to good to be true. Meeting the prince... Visiting the palace... Finding out that someone likes you... It all just seemed too unrealistic for me." Jungkook swings his legs as he sits atop the stool opposite Winter.
 
Jungkook can't help but notice how Taehyung's muscles moved when he turned. He couldn't help but notice the way Taehyung's eyes narrow in concentration. The way he bites his lower lip.
 
It all just makes him fall more and more in love.
 
Which comes out really sappy for a country boy.
 
"She's all saddled up! Let's go!" Taehyung reaches a hand out for Jungkook to take and the latter stares at it for a while.
 
Taehyung his head to the side but keeps his hand outstretched anyway.
 
Jungkook can't help but stop and wish that this would be forever engraved in his memory.
 
Jungkook recovers a little while later and Jungkook is grateful that Taehyung dosen't ask. 
 
Because that would've been highly embarassing.
 
He takes Taehyung's hand in his tightly and looks up, smiling.
 
"Shall we?" Taehyung teases, pulling Jungkook towards Winter and watches as the younger easily vaults himself up the horse with practised ease.
 
Jungkook smiles in triumph atop the horse and Taehyung swears he's never seen such perfection in his entire life.
 
Jungkook's next words sound like a promise. A promise that Taehyung would hold onto for as long as he lived.
 
"We shall."