I plan on stealing your heart and making it mine

You're Mine

✄ ✄ ✄

taehyung escapes from the palace for a little while and meets the sassy lil' commoner, kookie.

tags: crack, fluff, romance

word count: 2644

dedicated to:

destickles for bringing back the fluff author in me


 ✄ ✄ ✄

Taehyung sighs for the umpteenth time that evening. He's standing next to his father who can't seem to stop introducing him to more and more people.

It's a ball to celebrate his 18th birthday and he should be happy, at the least.

His father knows that Taehyung dosen't swing that way and prefers over but that dosen't stop him from still wanting to try.

At least he invited more males than usual, his sister was straight so thank god for her to continue to family legacy or else god knows what would happen to him.

Taehyung looks around the crowd, hoping to find his older sister for help.

His eyes zero in on her petite figure and all the alerts go off because there is a herd of them coming for him.

He mutters some 'sorry's and 'excuse me's as he pushes his way to his sister.

"Noona. You have to help me." His eyes are crazed and he needs to get out of here, now.

He can practically feel his father's glare on his back.

"What's going on, Tae?"

"None of the guys here... Catch my attention. Can i please just go outside the castle? Please?" He pleads, eyes turning into pitiful ones and his sister sighs, running a hand through her perfect hair.

"Don't get lost, okay. Be back before the ball ends. I can cover for you until then but if you aren't back, we're both dead. You hear me?" She says and Taehyung bursts into a wide smile, arms going around her neck in a tight hug before he scampers away and disappears into the doors of the private chambers.


Taehyung is delighted. Overjoyed, in fact. He runs to his room and throws on whatever casual commoner clothing he owns.

He places his crown carefully on the bedside table as he changes out of the itchy gold garments.

He switches them for a pair of suspenders and a white long sleeved shirt that he wore with boots.

Taehyung takes a glance in the mirror, feeling amazed at how comfortable the outfit is. He slides his satchel over his shoulder and shoves the map in, with a bottle of clean drinking water and cash in case of emergencies.

Taehyung sneaks off by stairways he'd known since young and disappears into the stables where he picks up his horse but then stops short. 

His father will notice immediately if one of the horses are missing so he can't risk it. He slips through the door and out of the castle walls through the mailboy's door and... He's out.

His eyes squeeze shut as he took in the clear air and the cooling atmosphere.

Just then, he realises it could be dangerous out here alone at night. He takes his neatly folded map out of his satchel and squints at the fine print and illustrations.

He'd heard amogst the servants that the town up West was peaceful and beautiful, so he decides to try out there.

Flagging down a carriage, he hops in. Perhaps looking a tad too graceful.

"Where to, young man?"

"Er... The town up West. Hagentroy."

"Sure thing."

The carriage driver is an old man and he keeps giving Taehyung knowing smiles.

"Say, if you're gonna run away from the palace, i think you should at least try to cover up that regal tone and posture. Just saying." The old man remarks just as the carriage halts and turns, shooting Taehyng a wink.

"I won't tell anyone you were here, lad."

Taehyung is baffled and he thanks the old man before passing him a few notes.

Taehyung watches as the carriage rides off and he finally gets over his shock as he turns to finally see Hagentroy.

It's everything he expected. Sort of.

The big town square in the middle decorated with statues and stalls around the edges of it.

Despite the fact that it was night-time, it was still bustling. Candles and oil-lamps lit up the area and it was mesmerising.

Taehyung is automatically taken by the beautiful lantern shop and he walks towards it.

His eyes glistened with wonder as he got closer. 

"Hello! Would you like to buy some?" The shopkeeper asks Taehyung and he's indesicive.

He only brought a little bit of cash and dosen't want to spend everything before he finds something amazing.

Just then, his eyes catch sight of an assortment of accessories in the stall next door.

He squeezes his way past the crowd and stops.

The tray has beautiful bangles and things that females put in their hair. (Taehyung thinks that they're just chopsticks and its beyond him why women find it so appealing.)

And then Taehyung notices the earring on the side.

It didn't require piercings. It was an earring fit to hook onto the edge of your ear.

Taehyung didn't think twice when he bought it.

"Young man, would you like a carving on it?" The old shopkeepers asks and Taehyung immediately nods, cutely.

"What's your name?"

"Tae—" He begins but stops short. He can't let his identity be known.

"V. Just write V, please." He chirps and the shopkeeper raises a brow but carves it anyway.

 

 


Taehyung is overjoyed as he leaps aimlessly around the outskirts of the town.

He dosen't realise he's wandered to the farmhouses and that he was treading on some cabbages when a yell was heard.

"Hey! Get off my crops, you maniac!" The voice sounds chirpy, cute. With a hint of anger.

Puzzled, Taehyung turns around.

"Huh?"

"You're crazy! Who in the right mind would be walking into someone's farm at 3a.m in the morning?!" The boy yells and Taehyung can barely see his face behind the hood and in the darkness but he can already tell that he's gonna look cute.

"I... Don't know?" Taehyung says and the boy runs a hand through his hair, his hood falling down.

The boy notices the earring in Taehyung's hands and freezes.

"You... You bought it?" He asks, biting his lip.

Taehyung could've sworn a flash of disappointment ran through his eyes for a second.

"...Yeah."

"Oh."

The tension in the air was suddenly thick and neither of the two spoke.

"Hey! Since you had money to buy that, pay for my ruined crops!" The boy yells, hand reaching out for compensation.

Taehyung feels bad because, the kid's a commoner and this is probably how he survives. So he reaches into his satchel and digs out a few notes.

He slaps them onto the boy's open palm and takes a good look at his face.

His eyes flashed with shock this time. He probably wasn't expecting Taehyung to really give it to him.

"Well. Fine. I guess that's enough. You can go but don't step on anything else!" The boy says and bites his lip.

Taehyung thinks he looks adorable and wants to keep him.

The boy turns to leave but Taehyung's breath catches at his throat as he involuntarily lets out a "Wait!"

The boy turns, looking confused.

"What."

'Aren't you rude.'

"Wh—What time is it?"

The cute boy looks up.

"Probably 3:30." And shrugs.

"Can—Can i at least know your name?"

"I'm Jungkook." And that's it. He leaves and Taehyung finds himself mumbling the name over and over again as he hails another carriage to bring him back to the palace before his disappearance is noticed.

 

 

 


Taehyung stumbles back into his room and his sister runs in. 

"I told them you were having bad stomache pains. You're gonna have to feign sick and drink that gross medicine for a few days." She informs and Taehyung groans.

"Why did you say stomache pains?" He complains and plops back onto his mattress.

"What did you do outside, huh? Tell noona!"

Taehyung bites his lip. "I... I angered a cute boy, his name is Jungkook and i want to see him again and oh, i bought this thing." He reaches into the satchel and holds it up for his noona to see.

She looks puzzled and asks how to use it.

Taehyung demonstrates and once its hooked, he immediately looks in the mirror.

But then, he remembers Jungkook's disappointed face.

"Noona. Do you think the castle blacksmith is still up?"

 

 

 

 

The next time Taehyung sneaks out is when he has the earring designed intricately and placed in a box quilted with satin.
 
He dosen't know why he went through the trouble of asking for it to be specially made but it's worth it.

He slips on the same garments, although with a hooded coat and promises to buy his sister something at the marketplace and sneaks out.

He hails a carriage, and is a little better at being more... Normal.

He's been observing the servants and picked up a few accents and postures and makes a note to use them this time.

He dosen't speak much, because the servants don't either and he simply tells the carriage driver to go to Hagentroy.

"Never seen you around there before, but you sound like you're from around the place. Visiting home?"

Taehyung is mildly pleased because, his first victim has caught the bait.

"Sort of. Haven't been back in a long while." He feels the slang roll off his tongue and the nagging in his mind is back.

He imagines his etiquette teacher frowning and cursing in french if he ever witness Taehyung commit such a thing.

The rest of the carriage ride is uneventful and Taehyung dosen't forget to tip the driver.

Once he's off, he immediatelys makes a beeline for the market.

He buys the most expensive hair jewellery for his noona and makes sure it's wrapped nicely.

Slipping the gift into his satchel, he wraps his fingers around the real gift.

But Taehyung dosen't remember how to get to the farms.

He sighs, realising that he has no idea where to go now, and feels his stomache growl.

"Scuse' me, but where's the best place to eat round' here?" He asks the nearest shopkeeper and is pointed to the most bustling diner.

He finds himself waiting outside to be given a table but just then, he catches sight of a familiar black-headed boy scampering out of the diner.

He forgets his rumbling stomache and stumbles after the boy.

"Jungkook!" He calls and the boy turns.

Jungkook zeroes in on Taehyung and his eyes widen.

"You again?" Is what escapes Jungkook's lips.

Taehyung pouts. "Didn't you miss me?"

"I don't even know you." Jungkook scoffs and Taehyung feels a little disappointed.

And then he remembers the gift.

"I have something for you." He begins, reaching into the satchel and pulling out the box.

Jungkook looks curious but dosen't say anything as Taehyung puts it into Jungkook's hand.

"What's this?"

"Open it."

Jungkook lifts the lid and gasps, dropping the lid in his shock. His fingers graze the beautiful item with awe.

Its a ear accessory with Jungkook's name carved into the side, exactly where Taehyung's 'V' was carved. The design is almost identical but it was unique.

Jungkook's at a loss for words as he gingerly picks the beautiful accessory up, slipping the box into his pants pocket.

He fumbles with it as he tries to put in on, but failing since his hands were so shaky.

"I'll help you." Taehyung takes a step forward and Jungkook goes stiff. Taehyung's fingers are gentle against Jungkook's skin and the accessory is slipped on easily. 

Taehyung dosen't realise that Jungkook was holding his breath until he takes a step back and Jungkook's breath comes out shaky.

"Do... Do you like it?"  Taehyung asks, disheartened by the lack of reaction.

"Do i like it?" Jungkook asks back slowly.

"Do i like it?! I love it! But i thought you bought the only piece!" Jungkook exclaims and reaches up to touch the delicate accessory.

Taehyung smiles and pushes his hood back, showing his own.

"How did you get it?" 

Jungkook's eyes are shining with happiness and Taehyung wants to pull him in for a hug.

"I had it made." Taehyung says nonchalantly and shrugs but Jungkook's eyes widen.

"Who are you?"

"...What?"

"Who are you? You appear in town one day, completely and utterly clueless. Trample over my crops and actually give me the cash easily. Then, you buy one of the most expensive pieces in the market and come back to give me a completely new one with a different design and with my name engraved on it. Who are you?"

Taehyung knows he's been caught at he ducks his head a little.

"I'm Kim Taehyung." He whispers, barely audibly and Jungkook's eyes widen.

"What did you say?"

"I'm Kim Taehyung."

"Wait. Kim Taehyung as in, the prince? Second child of Kim SeoJoon? That Kim Taehyung?!" Jungkook half-yells.

Taehyung nods solemnly and dosen't dare to look Jungkook in the eye.

What if he thinks i'm stuck up, or what if he tells people that i snuck out? Or worse, what if he dosen't want to talk to me anymore?!

Taehyung reluctantly peers up through his bangs and finds Jungkook's widened eyes staring back at him.

"D—Do you hate me? I mean, i know everyone thinks that royalty is stuck up and all—"

"I heard of that too. Up until a month ago, i thought so too. Then there was this cute, clueless boy scampering through my crops. 'He dosen't look like he's from around here.' Was my first thought. Because, your speech was really polished and your hands look like they've never touched real soil in their whole lifetime." Jungkook rambles and Taehyung winces from under his bangs. 

Damn, that ahjussi was right.

"I kind of knew you were someone important. Someone way more important than i am. I thought you were like, a scholar or something. But you're the freakin' prince. Holy ."

"Wait. You're not mad or anything?"

"What? No! Course' not."

At that moment, Jungkook thinks Taehyung looks even more adorable. 

Droopy, teary eyes and pouty lips.

"Why did you make this for me though?" Jungkook suddenly remarks, wondering why the prince would have gone through all that trouble.

"I don't know... You're interesting and when i saw you so disappointed, i felt bad and had one made at the palace for you." Taehyung says, finally looking Jungkook in the eye.

"Oh..."

"Next time, i'm bringing you to the palace."

"Okay. Wait what?!"

"I want you to meet my noona!" Taehyung smiles this rectangular smile and Jungkook just melts.

"But why? Why me?"

"Because i like you. Simple as that." Taehyung says like it was something he practiced all day long.

Jungkook is baffled because, he, after all. Was a mere commoner while Taehyung was the frickin' prince. He was way out of Taehyung's league.

"No no no! No more negative thoughts. You know what? You're coming with me and i'm bringing to meet my noona right now." Taehyung frowns at Jungkook's uneasy look and grabs Jungkook's arm, pulling him towards the main route to hail a carriage.

"What?! No! I'm dressed in my work clothes and i'm wearing sandals for gods' sake! I can't get into the palace looking like this!" Jungkook protests as Taehyung pulls him along.

"Nothing you say is getting you out of this, Kookie. You're coming with me and that's final."

"This is kidnapping, you know."

"It isn't kidnapping if the other party is willing."

"Who says i am willing?!" Jungkook whines again and Taehyung ignores the aegyo.

"Admit it. You want to see the palace."

That has Jungkook quiet for while.

"But then again, i plan on committing a crime."

"What?!" Jungkook yells.

"I plan on stealing your heart and making it mine."