That Uncomfortable Feeling

Unfortunate L.Joe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SOOOOO it has just dawned on me that this story is officially a year old. -throws rainbow confetti- Like ???!!! Where did the time go man?? I swear on Niel's voice that it literally felt like a few months ago that I had the idea for this story and published it...maybe I'm getting old lol.

I'd like to thank everyone for continuing to read even though I at regular updates. No excuses, just a big fat thank you and many air kisses for each and every one of you. 

Also, regarding the question I asked of which idol group should be included, Block B was what you guys wanted :) I LOVE BLOCK B MAN ZICO SINGING IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD.

 

 

 

“What?! Hyung, you’re leaving us?!” Ricky screamed into the phone, so loudly that Niel cringed and had to distance the device from his ear. He waited a few seconds for the latter to calm down before answering.

“I was just going to visit some friends from my old school!”

“BUT WE’RE YOUR FRIENDS TOO!” Ricky shouted dramatically. Niel bit back his laughter when he heard a commotion coming from the other end of the line. He assumed that someone had wrestled the phone from Ricky, as he heard a lot of falling and arguing.

“Sorry, we just came back from the candy shop, so he’s pretty hyped right now.” A breathless Chunji heaved into the line.

“Why would you take him to the candy store, hyung?” Niel asked, letting his laughter slip through his lips. One month with Teen Top and Niel already knew about each member’s quirks and personality.

“I didn’t. The brat called me from the mall asking to hang out, but really he just wanted a ride home.”

“BRAT?! ME?!” Ricky screamed in the background.

“SHUT UP AND EAT YOUR CANDY!” Chunji screamed back, instantly silencing his whines. “Anyway, have fun with your friends, Niel! Don’t stay out too late!” Niel rolled his eyes and promised anyway, immediately hanging up afterwards so the mother-like hyung wouldn’t be able to nag him any further.

“Eomma, I’m going now!” Niel called, walking out of his room and into the kitchen. His mom was sitting at the table, packing food into containers. She smiled at him as soon as he appeared in front of her.

“You’re going to give L.Joe his homework on the way out, right?” his mother asked.

Niel immediately nodded. “He’s been missing school lately, and his work has been piling up. I need to bring it to him so he doesn’t fall behind.”

“My son is so sweet!” his mother giggled. She placed the containers into a bag and held it out to him. “Bring this to him too, will you?” Niel grabbed the bag and kissed the top of her head before leaving. Since L.Joe lived on the floor above his, taking the stairs would be faster. He took two steps at a time, the eagerness to see the blonde overwhelming him. He appeared in front of L.Joe’s door with a few seconds.

“L.Joe hyung!” Niel called while simultaneously knocking. When the said boy didn’t open the door, he sighed and frowned, a small pang of hurt attacking his heart. “I’m going out with some friends today, so I’ve brought you your missing assignments and food my mom made.” He waited a few seconds, hoping the door would open. “I’ll just leave it by your door.” Niel set the bags and textbooks down on the floor and pushed them against the door, eyeing them for a moment before starting to walk away.

“Is it Sungyeol and L?” a monotone voice asked. Niel whipped around, eyes widening in surprise. He couldn’t help the large grin that started to spread on his lips at the sight of L.Joe standing at his door, gaze fixed on him.

“No, some friends from my old school wanted to catch up.”

L.Joe pursed his lips, eyes slightly flattening into a soft glare. “How long will you be gone?”

“Three or four hours. We’re going out to eat and then game in a PC room.” Niel had no idea why he was telling L.Joe more information than he asked for.

The blonde scoffed and rolled his eyes. “You call going to a PC room hanging out? Really?” he retorted. Niel nodded, not even affected by the light insult. “Are your friends good people?” L.Joe suddenly asked.

“Yeah! They’re super cool and are really talented!”

L.Joe suddenly felt an uncomfortable feeling strike his chest. What the hell was wrong with him? Why did seeing Niel gush over other people affect him? And why the hell should he give a flying who the annoying pest hung out with?

“Thanks for these.” L.Joe bent down and grabbed the books and food before swiftly walking into his apartment and slamming the door. His heart pounded as he heard Niel’s footsteps come closer to his door. He shut his eyes so tight to drown out the loud sound of his heartbeat, only opening them when Niel’s footsteps faded away from him. The textbook fell from his g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter