The Role of the Maknae

Unfortunate L.Joe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I can't do this.

I can't keep doing this to Niel.

 

"YOU'RE WHAT?!" Principal Lee shouted in disbelief. He hurriedly walked around his desk and slammed the office door closed in case someone were to hear their conversation. "Byunghun-"

"He keeps getting hurt because of me and I can't take it anymore! If you won't transfer him then transfer me!" L.Joe stubbornly cut in. 

"But Teen Top-"

"We can still continue if I move to a different school, practice won't be affected. We just won't be able to see each other as often during the day." 

Principal Lee sighed in dejection and fell back into his seat, fingers balling into fists and rubbing at his tired eyes. "You were never this persistent when it came to the others." he pointed out. The blonde stayed silent, not even knowing the answer himself. Why did he want to protect Niel? Why was he trying so hard? He wanted answers, but not if the cost was Niel getting hurt. 

"I just...can't." was L.Joe's petty reply. 

"Byunghun," the older man started, leaning forward to capture the latter's attention, "I'm your legal guardian, right?" He waited for the blonde to nod before continuing. "And as your legal guardian, it is my job to provide you with the best of everything, and that includes school. TOP High is the best performing Arts school is Seoul, and as your replacement father I want you to stay." 

"We never agreed to you being my father. You're just filling in as an adult in my life until I turn 18." L.Joe's stone-cold reply didn't effect the older. Instead, he felt a pang of guilt for the poor boy. 

"I know that ever since your parents left-"

"Abandoned. Discarded. Deserted. Take your pick." the blonde shrugged it off as if the subject didn't affect him, but Principal Lee knew that inside the latter was hurting. He always hated talking about his parents, he hated being reminded of the day they left him. But what kid wouldn't be hurt? 

"You're not transferring, Byunghun. Go to class. We're not discussing this any further." 

"Fine!" L.Joe huffed and stormed out of the door. He didn't want to go to class, it was homeroom and Niel would be there, no doubt talking and laughing up a storm with Sungyeol. After the incident at Niel's apartment a few days ago he had made it his mission to avoid the latter as much as possible. He skipped every class he had with Niel, including lunch. 

As cliche as it sounded, L.Joe headed for the roof. Not because it was quiet and he needed time to think, but because he knew no one else would be there to hear him curse and break things. He threw open the door that lead to the top of the school, slammed it behind him, and immediately let out a loud scream. 

"Hey, I know you're not vocal but we need your mad rapping skills." came a tired voice. Changjo sat up from the bench he was sleeping on, rubbing the back of his head and offering his hyung a small grin. 

"Are you skipping?" L.Joe asked instead of acknowledging his prior complaint. The maknae nodded and patted the empty space next to him, motioning for the blonde to sit. They sat side by side, bathing in sunlight and listening to the noisy cars below. Neither one of them w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter