Welcome to TOP High

Unfortunate L.Joe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

"What? Transfer? Waeyo?!" Niel blinked rapidly as a look of disbelief passed over his face. The man sitting in front of him let out a long sigh, then leaned forward and interlocked his fingers together. He gave the younger an apologetic smile before continuing to speak.

"Daniel...we just don't have the curriculum to further help you advance in your desired field. We're sorry, but if you want to continue on the path of being a singer, then you must transfer to a school that'll help you, not bring you down." 

"Principal Kang!" Niel quickly flew out of his chair and scrambled to a stand. "I'll raise the money myself so you can hire someone! Please, I really like this school! All my friends and favorite teachers are here!" 

But the principal shook his head, rejecting Niel's pleas to stay. "We both know that you have what it takes to debut, Ahn Daniel. If I keep you here, your voice won't be heard by the big companies. You're my best student, and I'm as reluctant as you are, but you have to go. We just don't have the right class to accompany your quickly improving skills, but the school that I have contacted does, and was more than happy to accept you." 

The younger male deflated and frowned, already feeling the tendrils of dread crawl up his spine. He already started to miss his friends, his teachers, his locker, even the smell of the boys' bathroom. He wasn't scared of meeting new people, quite the opposite as a matter of fact, it was just that his personality was the kind that grew overly attached to people, and he couldn't bear to part with the memories he had here. 

"It's best for your dream, Ahn Daniel." 

He bit his thick bottom lip as he got lost in his thoughts. His passion, his dreams, the most precious thing to him in the entire world. He couldn't remember a time when he wasn't singing his heart out; he had always longed to be on stage, letting his voice carry out the feelings he couldn't ever normally say. 

Niel hesitantly nodded. "What is the name of the school I'm being transferred to?" 

Principal Kang's eyes lit up as his back erected in his seat. He smiled warmly and encouragingly. "TOP High School of Performing Arts!" 

 

Out of habit, the brunette male bit his bottom lip. His fingers curled around the thick strap that hung across his chest as his eyes stayed glued to the large sign above his head.

TOP HIGH SCHOOL OF PERFORMING ARTS

Butterflies fluttered in the pit of his stomach as he set his gaze straight, unknowingly eyeing the front door of his new school. Both anxiety and excitement built up in his chest as he mentally told himself to take the big step forward on to TOP's campus.

Okay, Ahn Daniel. This is your new school. This is the start of your new life. It's all for the good of becoming a singer, so stop being nervous and man up! FIGHTING!

He took a deep breath and started off by taking a small step, smiling widely and mentally praising himself. With a new budding confidence, he leisurely walked past all the curious gazes of the students and into the cool, busy building. His keen sense of observation easily led him to the main office, where he was greeted by the sight of a bored looking ahjumma behind a desk who didn't even bother to look up at him as he walked in. 

"Um, excuse me ahjumma?" Niel politely asked as he walked up the desk. He was taller than the average person, so he easily towered over the woman. To make himself seem less of a presence, he bent his knees and little and slightly leaned on the desk, but kept a safe distance away. 

"How can I help you?" the ahumma replied, in a bored tone.

"I just transferred here and need my time table..." Niel shyly stated, slightly discouraged from the ajhumma's lack of interest. At his old school, everyone in the main

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter