Chapter 5

Dancing In The Crystalline Frame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyeon procrastinated for most of Saturday, staying indoors and sleeping for most of the day, and only got up at three in the afternoon to get herself some food to eat, noting to herself that she needed to restock on instant food, as the cupboards were almost empty. She overlooked her homework, as she didn't have much for once, and just laid around on the sofa, playing an outdated adventure video game on her console, since her father didn't pay for cable, but she did have internet, and browsed around on YouTube for hours at a time on her phone.

Dinnertime rolled past and soon it was eight-forty in the evening. Miyeon was hungry. After looking in the kitchen and finding no food, she sighed and finally got dressed, tugging on a gray winter jacket over a bluish purple sweater and a simple pair of dark tight jeans. Slinging her large baby blue bag over her shoulder, she stepped outside, quickly slipping on a pair of blue flats before she did, since she didn't have any sneakers, ridiculously. She shivered as her breath was visible in the air, tugging her hood over her head. It was a bad time to go out. The sun had set, and it was freezing cold, but she had no food since she was being lazy and not shopping for some earlier.

After getting on the bus and riding for about three stops to the convenience store, she got off, smoothing down her dark, messy hair. Miyeon had a bedhead from sleeping so long, and regretted not brushing it when she was getting dressed. Well, nothing she could do about it now.

She crossed the road, darting away from any suspicious strangers, and nearly ran through the slightly damaged doors of the store. But when she got inside, her eyes widened and she stopped short.

Jimin was leaning toward the teenaged female cashier on the counter, smiling seductively, and V was hanging around in the back picking out lolipops, while Jungkook was sitting on a chair, propping his feet up on the asian drinks shelf, and sipping some marble pop. Miyeon started to back out, but a rather large, aged woman bumped past her into the store, sending her flying against the wall with a thump. The woman glared at her, but then made a beeline for the cheap pet food section, muttering about getting food for her 'children'.

By now Jimin had noticed her and glared at her out of the corner of his eye, but didn't stop his sweet talk. V and Jungkook were completely clueless as they argued absentmindedly about candy flavors. The cashier had noticed her too, and gave Miyeon the stink eye. She gulped. Was everyone in this town mean?

The town was really small, therefore everyone knew each other and it was really easy to get around. Not to mention, the maknae line lived in this area, and tended to hang around the convenience store until late at night, messing with the cashiers. When they were young and pretty, they would flirt with them. When they were old and not their taste, they would tease them, throw things at them and steal food until they got kicked out. Today, it was a lady they were quite familiar with and exchanged pickup lines with her quite often. She acted sweet around the boys, but hated any girl who went into the store and talked to the trio. Miyeon had picked up on this fact rather quickly.

The dark-eyed girl turned around and left. She could go hungry for tonight, it was better than messing around with these barbaric people.

But when she checked the bus schedule, the next bus wouldn't be coming until half an hour later. Not to mention, it was getting even colder and it was starting to rain a little. The road was only lit up by street lamps, and more and more gangsters were starting to roam the sidewalks as it got even darker. Miyeon stuffed her hands in her pockets, and after a few moments of quick thinking, she decided to go into a nearby restaurant and eat there.

Miyeon had a small meal, with some noodles in soup but not much else other than a slice of chocolate cheesecake that she couldn't resist for dessert. She paid the bill, went outside, and waited for the bus.

Tapping her feet nervously, the pale girl anxiously looked around. There was a possibility that something bad would happen to her, as it was well past nine. Dark figures swarmed around the alleyways, and a hint of rain started to fall. Miyeon's heart rate sped up as she realized that her bus was late. Disaster was basically spelled out in front of her. If her bus didn't come soon, then something would definitely happen. She laced her fingers together and stared at the ground. Hopefully her bus would be here in a minute and nothing too bad will happen...

The second after she thought that, her bus swerved around the corner, tires squealing, and screeched to a halt at the bus stop. Miyeon backed away a bit in fear. A moment later, Rap Monster, with neon green misted on his white hair, burst out of the bus with Suga on his tail, laughing loudly as they ran past her. A graffiti can dropped to the sidewalk, rolling to her foot as it dripped orange paint everywhere.

After glancing at the paint with wide eyes, the pale girl slowly stepped inside the bus. The inside was completely covered in graffiti. It was as if someone set off a bomb filled with paint inside the bus. Red, green, yellow, blue, and orange were sprayed on every surface of the bus. Even the driver had paint splattered all over him as he spat out vapid curses. Miyeon's eyes grew even larger as she saw two passengers who also had the bright colors splashed all over them, and they looked a little beat up as well. She recognized them as two male students from her school. They were in most of her classes, and as far as she could tell, they weren't very nice. They weren't as outlandish as BTS, or as rebellious, but they were quite nasty.

She started to think that maybe she shouldn't ride the bus, but then she remembered that all the buses were half an hour apart, and it was seriously getting dark, so she got in. Miyeon tentatively gripped one of the poles, not wanting to sit down on the dripping seats, and after the window wipers managed to get most of the paint off the window, the bus got going. Miyeon tried to pay as little attention as she could to the scowling boys behind her, but couldn't help overhearing a few words about how 'BTS was messing with them' and 'they need to fight back' and more awful things like that. They continued to mutter as they got off at their stop, which led to a dark alleyway.

Miyeon shuddered as she quickly hopped off the bus at her stop. There were so many gangsters everywhere at this time of night... she shouldn't go out again at this hour. She really had no idea that there were so many gangs in this small town. Where did they all come from anyway?

She ran into the safety of her house, slamming and locking the door behind her. Miyeon decided that she should just stay indoors from now on. Then there'd be no more hassle, no more gangsters, and no more nerve-wracking situations. A perfect solution.

But then she remembered that she still had no m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter