Chapter 3

Dancing In The Crystalline Frame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day had come. Miyeon cracked open her eye as sunlight streamed into her room. She'd forgotten to close the blinds last night. Struggling to sit up, she smoothed out her rumpled uniform that she didn't bother to change out of and slid off the bed, combing her fingers through her coffee-brown hair... her dark eyes slowly traced up her wall and landed on the clock.

It was 8:16. She was nearly late for school, and her bus was coming in two minutes.

Without any hesitation, she grabbed all her homework, stuffed it in her half-mangled bookbag, and dashed out the door, forgetting to lock it. She then ran back, locked the door, and then sprinted for the bus stop. Miyeon couldn't be late for school, that'd make the teachers hate her even more! She squeezed her eyes shut, panting heavily as she tried to dash even faster, but then slammed into someone by accident.

Miyeon would've fallen, but strong hands grabbed her shoulder and sleeve, steadying her. She slowly opened her trembling umber eyes, and a face slowly came into focus.

It was Jin.

She squeaked and jumped back. "S-Sorry! I was in a rush!"

He rubbed the back of his neck with a distant look in his eyes. "It's no biggie."

The pale girl looked at her shaking hands. Normally Jin would've shoved her down to the ground or pushed her aside... she wondered what made today different. Also, she made a mental note to stop bumping into him. The first two times may have been coincidences but three times is just ridiculous. It was almost as if this was happening on purpose. Then again, they did live unusually close to each other.

It was quiet as they waited for the bus to come. Yet, the silence was less tense and more empty. They didn't have anything to say. They got onto the bus without a word and sat far away from each other. The atmosphere was less hostile than before... until about five stops later, Jungkook, Jimin, and V all got on. They decided to meet up at the same bus stop today and ride together. They sat with Jin and all started to talk about random, generic subjects, like classes today for example. Miyeon watched them from a distance, smiling as they squabbled a bit.

But when she turned back around, she noticed her reflection in the window. It was horrid. Her hair was messed up and tangled, her uniform was all rumpled, her knee socks were rolling down her legs, and her hairband was crooked so that it was almost falling off her head. Miyeon quickly started fixing her uniform. This is not how a lady should look!

Although... the maids were the ones who told her that. Her fingers stopped straightening her red plaid tie. She didn't mind the bedhead look, although she really should roll her socks back up, and get the knots out of her hair. As she fumbled around for her miniature comb, she glanced at the other few students who were boarding the bus. They had customized their uniforms by wearing different shirts underneath the jacket, and colorful ties. Some had added studs onto the shoulders of their uniform jacket and others were wearing short skirts and leggings. Others had pins and patches of fabric on theirs, and wore outlandish shoes. It didn't seem to be against the rules to edit their uniforms, so Miyeon made note of that.

She smiled and glanced out the window. Although she was going to be teased again at school, Miyeon had a feeling that today was going to be a good day. Even the sun was shining. As she hopped off the bus, her phone went off. Miyeon guessed that she had a text, but overlooked it since the bell was about to ring.

Most of her classes and lunch went by undisturbed, except for the occasional chair kick, stepping on her feet, and maybe a even a trip. But it wasn't too harsh. Suga and Rapmon would still glare at her in the hall, though. Jin would barely pay any attention to her, which she didn't mind a bit, and Jungkook would make eye contact with her when they passed each other, but never said anything. Miyeon wondered why as she went for her next class.

"Hey, Miyeon! How's it goin'?" J-hope asked cheerfully, as he walked beside her in the hallway.

The pale girl raised an eyebrow, and asked cautiously, "Why're you talking to me?"

He placed a hand over his heart in mock offence. "Oh no! I didn't realize that I wasn't of status to talk to you! I'm so sorry, heiress!"

Miyeon shook her head. "N-No, it's not like that! I just thought that you guys hated me..."

J-hope stopped. "Ah. Yeah... we kinda do."

"Kinda?" she asked, furrowing her brows.

He waved her off. "It's hard to explain. Anyways, I gotta go."

J-hope ruffled her hair, waved goodbye, and quickly cut through the crowd, going into his classroom. Miyeon started to turn and head for hers, but then a girl's nails dug into her arm and pulled her back.

"! First you sleep with the principal, and now our bae too?!" the tallest one screeched.

Another girl, whose eyes were completely covered in cheap eyeshadow and eyeliner spat. "You're not worthy of J-hope, you !"

Miyeon backed up, too afraid to say anything. So that was why J-hope was talking to her, to lure those girls in. She had never seen these kinds of girls before. Why was their makeup so overdone and their clothes so outlandish? They didn't have any class at all unlike the elegant women she saw at the business meetings or office parties.

Someone whose blush was way too pink jabbed Miyeon's shoulder. "You aren't even pretty. How'd you get him to do the do with you when you don't even have any appeal?"

Appeal? Do the do? She didn't understand these terms.

"Yeah, I mean, she must be a size A minus. Any man would've cried at that chest." one girl with overly curled hair laughed nastily.

"She must've bribed him!" Pink-Cheeks exclaimed.

The tall one narrowed her glitter-caked eyes. "How dare she?!"

She lunged for her but Miyeon quickly scurried out of the way and ran towards the classroom, pushing past Jimin in the process. He grabbed and pulled her hair faster than a blink of an eye, causing her to fall down backward. After her vision went back into focus, Miyeon concluded that today wasn't going to be that good after all. She prayed to her mother that she wouldn't get eaten by those monstrous girls as she tried to get up, but Jimin's voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Where do you think you're going?" he snarled.

Miyeon hugged her bookbag to her chest, even more afraid than before. "C-Class..."

He walked around to her front, glaring at her. "You do know that you're not supposed to be running through the halls, right?"

She nodded quickly.

"And that bad kids who break the rules are supposed to be punished, right?" Jimin continued, cracking his knuckles.

Miyeon stepped back as he walked forward, fearing for her life.

The warning bell rang, breaking the tense mood, and the dark-eyed girl took the chance to run. Jimin stepped to chase af

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter