Chapter 9

Dancing In The Crystalline Frame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I swung my legs back and forth on the swing.

"Mommy, why can't we come to play anymore?"

She smiled sadly. "I'm sorry Mimi hon, it's just that we don't have much money and I have to work..."

It was silent for a while as I started to swing harder, my feet pumping up and down.

"Mom?"

"Yes, dear?"

"Did we do something bad?"

She looked at me in surprise. "Why would you ask that?"

I slowed down, my feet grazing the ground each time I swung past. "Well... because... in the storybooks they read to us in class, the bad guys always have bad things happen to them because they're bad."

I looked at her, tears welling up in my eyes. "A-Are we bad, mommy?"

Mom hugged me, and patted my head. "Honey, sometimes bad things happen to good people. It doesn't mean that they're evil or did something wrong, it's just how things work."

"I don't like that." I sniffled.

"I'm sorry Mimi, but there's nothing that we can do..."

 

Miyeon opened her bleary eyes, and waited until they focused on the white ceiling. She was in her bedroom, waking up after a long night.

Last night she went to the business meeting, was driven home, and had Aunt Cha make her dinner while chatting with her about how she had been doing before she left. The pale girl made sure not to accidentally spill anything about BTS or school. Miyeon didn't want her to be worried or get involved with the big mess that she had to deal with. It was ironic, because Auntie always told her to talk to people and let them know about her problems so that they can help her and she won't have to go through it alone, but Miyeon had a feeling that she might've been in danger if she told her. Besides, she also said that she should trust her gut instinct, because a woman's intuition is always right, or so she said.

She sighed and got up, putting on her school uniform and going to do her other morning stuff. She got on the bus, bumping into Jin again, but avoided contact and managed to make it to school without another hitch. No one really spoke to her throughout the day, so she assumed that BTS were back to ignoring her. Now that she thought about it, she didn't see them at all. Not even in class. Miyeon thought about it as she sat at her usual hallway at lunch, picking away at her food wrap by herself.

Maybe they were playing hooky... it was known for gangs to skip class sometimes. Although... most gangs weren't as young as BTS were.

She furrowed her eyebrows as she scratched at the plastic wrap. Sometimes she wondered why BTS was a gang in the first place. They were all so young... most people that age would've been making their way through highschool or starting college with a bright future and dreams that they were going to chase after and try to make real. Maybe BTS didn't have any. Maybe something happened to them so they had to stick together and become a gang.

The latte-haired girl took a bite out of her food wrap, completely unaware of what was happening in the room a few halls away.

 

"But why?!" V howled in rage.

"Because you keep messing around." Rap Monster replied firmly. "If you hadn't kept trying to befriend the damn then we wouldn't have to do this so soon."

The air was tense as the lavender-haired boy roared again, restrained by Jimin and Jin so he wouldn't murder anyone.

"You don't have to do this!" V yelled. "What'd she ever do to you?!"

Rapmon raised a brow. "She's not the target. Her dad is. I'm just using her to hurt her old man."

"You can't just kidnap her and use her!"

The rest of BTS was silent and tense as they kept arguing. To be truthful, none of them were really on Rap Monster's side anymore. They had probably doubted him before, but they were really against him now. Especially since last night he declared that he would be putting the plan into action this afternoon. J-hope had vanished and was nowhere to be seen, V burst into a fury and was still angry, and Jungkook no longer supported Rapmon and started drifting over to the other side. He had always been sort of a gray area, going from here to there, but now he stood his place.

Jimin was wavering as he watched V try to throw a fist at Rapmon. Although he said- and would- obey and follow his leader to the end of his wits, this seemed like a bit much. It's just that before Rap Monster was always the rational one. The one who thought clearly and made the best decisions. He was the one who led them through the toughest of time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter