Chapter 7

Dancing In The Crystalline Frame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lunch bell rang and everyone packed up their binders and textbooks and went out the door. Miyeon was one of them, and got her lunch. She started towards her usual eating place but barely made it out before someone grabbed her arm, again, and dragged her away. She didn't even try to resist as her 'kidnapper' took her somewhere. Judging from the color of his hair, Miyeon knew that the blue and brown strands could not belong to anyone else other than V. And from what she knew, he wasn't that much of a threat. After all, he wasn't trying to hurt or murder her... right?

He proceeded to take her up three extremely tiring flights of stairs, (the school was too poor for an elevator) before he opened a heavy metal door with his foot and sat her down outside.

"See?" he panted. "This is where we eat."

Miyeon stood back up and backed away. This was the school roof, one of the most cliche places to eat, but she had to admit that the view was cool.

The pale girl knitted her eyebrows together. "I can't eat here."

V turned to look at her, surprised. "Why not?"

"You said 'we', right?" Miyeon said curtly. "That means that you and the gang eat here. And I don't want any part of that."

She turned to look at his reaction, expecting him to be angry. Truth be told, she really didn't want to mess with BTS any more than she already had, and although she wouldn't mind eating with V too much, she just didn't want the problems that would follow afterward.

Strangely, he just laughed. "Oh, right. I forgot to mention. Only J-hope, Jungkook, Jimin and I eat here. The hyungs prefer to stay on the ground where 'it's safe'."

Her heart leapt into . "J-Jimin?"

"Yeah," V said. "But he stopped eating here because he's being a party pooper. He's really no fun..."

After listening to him ramble on and on about how Jimin didn't want to talk to him anymore and how he was being mean Miyeon sat down cross-legged on the floor of the roof and took out her lunch, making him stop mid-sentence and blink at her.

"So... you're gonna eat with us?" he asked, his voice rising in excitement.

She nodded. "I guess. It's not like I have anywhere else to g-"

"YAY!" He screeched at the top of his lungs, making her jump.

Before the dark-eyed girl knew it, he had flipped off the edge of the roof. She squeaked, thinking he had fallen, and ran over to where he had swung off and looked down. The sight of him hanging on by him grabbing the edge of the roof met her eyes. V grinned like a child at her and pulled himself back up.

"I do these things all the time, don't you even worry 'bout it." He sang in a loopy voice as he nearly skipped back.

Miyeon stared, dumbfounded, at him. He seemed so composed and gangster-like before, but in the end he was just like a kid. He was really weird but funny at the same time. No wonder she felt no danger when he was dragging her away. They sat together, and started digging into their lunches. V, who said that it was also okay to call him Taehyung, was happily chattering away while Miyeon just nodded along and ate. He told her all about his big argument with Jimin a few hours ago, when they walked out of class.

"-and Jimin even said that he wouldn't talk to me anymore, which is a pretty big thing, y'know. We always talk!" he sputtered with a mouthful of sandwich.

"Really?" Miyeon asked. She learned that V and Jimin had a extremely close friendship, but argued often over the smallest things.

"Yep," V took another huge bite. "We've always fought before but I think that this time's gonna be a really big one."

She opened to reply but the metal door behind them slammed open, making them both look up in shock.

"Argh, where'd Miyeon go? I've been looking for her everywhere!" J-hope groaned, plopping down beside V.

"I'm over here." She answered quietly. 

He smiled widely when he saw her. "Ah, I was beginning to think you'd ran away! So did you forgive us yet?"

At those last words, Miyeon froze midbite of her meat bun.

Did she...?

"I'm still not too sure," she confessed, carefully watching their expressions.

J-hope nodded. "It's okay."

V scrunched up his face. "I don't get it. You're eating and talking with us but you're still mad? If you were mad, wouldn't you be hating us and yelling at us?"

"It's complicated," she explained as she chewed. "I'm mad but I don't want to be."

J-hope opened his backpack and took out his lunch. "What was the thing that Rapmon smashed anyways? A picture frame?"

Miyeon bit her lip and stared down at her lap. Should she tell them? It was quite personal after all... and she barely knew them. She wasn't even quite sure w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter