Chapter 6

Dancing In The Crystalline Frame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the day went by in a daze.

Before Miyeon even knew it she was already on the bus and halfway home. Jin didn't go back on the bus for some reason, which Miyeon barely noticed, and after what seemed like three seconds, she was done her homework and was sitting on her couch with a bowl of nearly finished instant ramen in her hands, and some old cartoon VCR that she used to watch as a kid playing on the televison.

Her eyes followed the dancing ballerina princess on the screen as she mindlessly lifted the chopsticks to her lips.

She was still mulling over the fact that Jin could very likely be homoual.

It would explain his odd, antisocial behaviour, his coldness towards girls, and his other little quirks. Another thing that added to her suspicions was that he didn't seem to have a girlfriend. Someone like him would have no problems catching a girl with his good looks, (although Miyeon herself wasn't too interested, mainly because she was scared half to death of him) and every other female in the town was practically pouncing on him whenever he passed by, desperately trying to get his attention.

The pale girl sighed and tapped on her lower lip with her pink plastic chopsticks. She wondered if the rest of BTS knew about his predicament. Since they were a gang, they had to be close, right? So of course they'd know. But speaking of BTS...

Miyeon furrowed her eyebrows as she remembered what J-hope, V, and Kookie said to her. She still didn't understand why they would apologize.

Unless they were actually sorry...

The dark-eyed girl put down her now empty ramen bowl and clenched her hands into fists. She couldn't forgive them so easily. She couldn't forgive them for what they did to her... and the last thing she had of her mother.

Because she'd been so caught up in taking care of herself she kind of let it slip to the back of her mind that her mother's picture was gone. That it was destroyed, and there'd never be another one. Tears welled up in her eyes as she remembered what had happened two nights ago. Miyeon hated them, hated each and every single one of them because of that. Why did they suddenly have so much nerve to go up and ask her to forgive them? That was just unreasonable and stupid and something that she couldn't just do so easily.

Unless they actually felt bad and wanted to apologize...

Why would they feel bad?

Miyeon glared at her chopsticks that were messily tossed onto the table while remembering what Jungkook said.

"...We didn't know that Rapmon hyung was going to do something like that."

Then why didn't they do anything? Why did they all just stand there? They aren't statues, they can move and talk. They could've stopped him.

She wanted to blame them all, she wanted to hate them with a burning passion to the very end of her soul, she wanted to scream at them when she saw them first thing in the morning, but deep in her heart, she knew that somehow, she couldn't. For some reason that was still fuzzy in her mind, she felt that she was wrong, even though it was the gang who wronged her. Even though she was madder than anything about this, something made her think that BTS, including Rap Monster, wouldn't do something like this for no reason. They didn't seem like the type of gang who just trashed other people's property without thinking.

Suddenly she remembered yesterday.

Miyeon saw the bus and the two beaten boys flash before her eyes. Did Rapmon have a motive behind that attack? Or was he and Suga just messing around? Her head started to ache and spin as she pondered all of this, but found no answer since this was only something that she could resolve by interrogating BTS and fishing out the answers herself.

Which she was less than thrilled by even thinking of doing it.

She sighed and picked up her instant ramen bowl. She shouldn't be stressing about these kind of things. They don't even concern her. Although she couldn't stop her whirring brain as it panicked and over thought over lots of other things. It was a bad habit that she had ever since she was little, and it grew out of the fact that her parents always fought and she got extremely anxious and concerned about them, to the point when even a mildly foul glance exchanged between the two of them would make her want to bawl and run out the door weeping because she was scared that one of them would leave, or even worse, both.

Miyeon stopped in the middle of the kitchen, soaking in all the bad memories, and wishing badly that she had the picture of her mother to turn to. She wished that she could trace her mom's strong features with her fingers, imagining her haughty, confident voice telling her to 'lock it all up and keep moving'. Her mother was never good at comforting her broken, sad feelings, but she tried. It was just that because she was independant and tough and her daughter was not, she couldn't sympathize very well and always told her little girl to brush it off even though she couldn't.

And Miyeon wished that she could just brush it all off now... but still, even after all these years, she still couldn't.

Letting a sigh escape her lips, she decided that she should shower and get to sleep before more memories came back from her hellish past and slapped her in the face. She didn't want any of them dragging her back into what she managed to escape from... although she agreed that her current situation wasn't too much better.

 

The sun streaked across the sky, staining it an orange-yellow as it slowly rose for the day.

It was a new morning.

It was a new Monday.

Miyeon hated Mondays.

She wanted to roll up in her blankets like a caterpillar and go back to sleep, not wanting to face the chilly outdoors and even worse, school. 

The small girl groaned softly and buried her face in her heavenly soft, warm blankets as the image of BTS flashed before her eyes. She didn't want to see them. She didn't want to even think about them. She wanted to pretend like they didn't exist and that nothing ever happened between them and her, but unfortunately, that wasn't so. It was a lot more complicated and confusing and heartwrenching and Miyeon wasn't in the mood to deal with any of that. She just wanted to go home and hug Aunt Cha and pretend that this was all a bad dream and maybe cry a little in her comforting arms until she felt better and then have a slice of cake to cheer her up, as she always would whenever she felt upset.

But she didn't want to go and see her father as well.

Miyeon cherished the coziness under her covers for a minute more before untangling herself and crawling out of bed to get dressed.

She had to be stronger than this. After all, her father had just dropped her off somewhere, alone, where she could be seriously hurt or maybe killed but she knew that he didn't care. Which was why she had to toughen up as well and do her best on her own until he changed his mind and came back to get her.

That's how it always went.

Whenever her dad got fed up with her he'd drop her off at some house he owned with a couple maids until whatever business he was doing was done and his little temper tantrum boiled over and went away. And after he calmed down he would take her back and say that he was sorry and promise that he'd never do such a thing again to his 'beloved daughter'. But Miyeon knew very well that his promises were as good as garbage. She knew that every word that came out of that lying mouth of his was trash.

Yet there was nothing she could do about it.

She couldn't do anything about a lot of things.

The pale girl swept her bangs out of her face as she brushed he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter