Chapter 4

Dancing In The Crystalline Frame
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After countless hours of fake smiling and politely greeting her father's coworkers, a meal that was too refined for her taste and wasn't even filling, and a long lecture from her father telling her that she had to stop misbehaving and doing things behind his back because this was reason enough to give her the boot, Miyeon finally stumbled home at well past midnight.

She threw her silk dress onto the ground, stomping on it a few good times with her high heels, and rolled onto her sofa while flailing her legs so that her stilettos flew off, bouncing off the wall before tumbling to the floor. Miyeon ripped out the pin keeping her bun together, and whipped her dark brown hair around until it fell back into place. She then wiggled out of her tights while hopping to the washroom, tossed her gloves into the bathtub, and wiped off all her makeup and concealer with a baby wipe. Miyeon looked at herself in the mirror. She was finally her again.

After showering she wrapped herself into a warm towel burrito and walked into her bedroom, changed into her pajamas, had a quick midnight snack of microwaved leftovers, and was about to sleep when she saw the pile of homework on the desk. The dark-eyed girl groaned, and struggled over to the table, picked up her pencil... and fell asleep. Miyeon was completely tuckered out, after this eventful day. She deserved some rest.

But she was woken up by a tapping noise at her window a few hours later. Not thinking much about it since she was still half-asleep, she groggily crawled to the window, opened the curtain, and rubbed her eyes. When she finally managed to open them, she yelped and jumped back. A shadowy figure was outside her window. Miyeon fumbled around and hit her fingers on the sides trying to lock the window, and double-checked to make sure that it was actually locked, before pressing her nose against the glass, trying to see who it was. It was way too dark to see, though. The flickering street lamp wasn't enough. So, she just kept waiting for the person to do or say something, but eventually he or she just left.

Miyeon closed the window and tucked herself into bed, but she couldn't sleep. On nights like these, she'd normally turn to the picture of her mother for comfort, but when her hands brushed over her bedside table, there was nothing there except for dust. She felt tears forming in her eyes again and willed herself not to cry, but she did anyway. The pale girl hated to be alone, and clutched at the empty blankets, sobbing onto the pillows. It was still raining outside, and she even heard some thunder go off as she continued to weep. She really didn't want to cry, but she couldn't help it. She had to keep her sadness locked up during the dinner so she could only let it all out now. Miyeon wished that she wasn't alone in this house as she grabbed at nothing, try to get ahold of herself.

Eventually, she cried herself to sleep, and the figure outside pressed his hand on the other side of the window. He was soaked to the bone with the heavy rain, but he deserved it. He didn't do anything when his leader horribly hurt the poor girl, and the only thing he could do now was stand outside like a creep while she shed tears onto her bed. When there was nothing but silence coming from the house, he went and climbed back over the fence, hopping back onto the sidewalk and walking home as the rain kept pounding down. He might've been also guilty for tresspassing, but what could he do? He couldn't just not check up on her... although she wasn't there when he did, so he waited in the pouring rain for her to return. He sighed and ruffled his wet hair, trudging back to his cozy apartment through the giant puddles.

 

The alarm went off in the morning and Miyeon mumbled sleepily as she slowly sat up. She didn't want to go to school today, but she had to. Her father would kill her if she didn't, and all the teachers would think that she was a slacker. It also wouldn't win over the hearts of any students as well. She started to walk into the living room after changing into her dirty uniform, but tripped over the high heels on the floor, falling onto her silk dress from last night. Miyeon picked herself up, but slipped on the fabric and came tumbling down again. In the end, she rolled off the dress and stood at her doorway, and carefully went into the living room, eating a quick breakfast before grabbing her trashed bookbag and headed for the bus stop. She wasn't sure how she was going to face any of the BTS members today without bursting into tears. She decided that evading them would be the best plan for today, instead of putting up with all their nonsense.

After making sure that she didn't look like a train wreck, skipping breakfast, and trying to fix her red, slightly puffy eyes, she headed for the bus stop. She waited there, trying to fix her heavily creased skirt that was still a little damp, and adjusting her hairband so that the bow was tilted to the right. Miyeon then checked her phone, making sure that there were no texts from her father, and as soon as she put it down she noticed that someone was standing beside her. The honey-eyed girl then looked away. It was Jin... and she felt horrible for punching him last night. She didn't even glance at him, pretending not to notice that he was there. Although she desperately wanted to apologize as it was polite to, she was still upset with him and the gang because they had destroyed her mother's picture. Miyeon balled her cut fingers into fists, feeling the scabs all over her hands. She didn't have time to put any band-aids on them this morning...

Jin looked at her from the corner of his eye, and then moved his ice-cold gaze away. He didn't appreciate her hitting him the other day either, and wanted nothing to do with her today. Yes, he felt bad, and if Miyeon hadn't punched him, he would've said something to her, but she did, and he just wasn't in the mood for anything this freezing morning. His attention was brought off the topic by the bus coming. Jin sighed as he searched his pockets for coins, got on, paid, and sat as far away from her as he could. Maybe, he just might... talk to her later.

After a couple stops, the bus was a lot more populated, and the dreaded three got on the bus. Jimin, Jungkook, and V got on, in order, and sat next to Jin. Miyeon hid her face and rejected the urge to look at them smiling and laughing as usual, but couldn't resist it as she quickly peeked at them. But instead of their normal jokes and chatter, it was odd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter