'Something' Has Changed

UNLABELED

 

8.12.13 Show Champion in Sokcho

 

AMBER:

 Soojungie, where art thou my members?

JUNGSOOJUNG

Geek! :P Almost there. You bored?

AMBER:

Sorta. I miss you, I mean the members.keke

JUNGSOOJUNG:

Haha. Too early for that llama. Ain’t eunjung with ya?

AMBER:

Yep she’s with me at the backstage. We’ve been rehearsing for an hour now T^T

JUNGSOOJUNG:

Tired or hungry?

AMBER:

Both ^3^

JUNGSOOJUNG:

Eat some grass. there’s a lot in there I’m sure.haha

AMBER:

Bad princess. Hate you! >.<

JUNGSOOJUNG

Awwww. You don’t mean that. You can’t live without me llama :P

 

A smile curved on her lips reading Krystal’s response. What a smart arse. She was about to counter that but..

“Amber, are you listening?” she heard Eunjung asked. Crap, I’m floating again. It’s too fun to mess around with the majesty this early. She was here an hour before her members because they have to run the scripts to know what they could add in to make the show more entertaining.

“oh sorry didn’t catch it. You were saying?” she said apologetically. Eunjung rolled her eyes on her hitting her in the arm playfully.

“yah! I said it’s time to run the script with the performers this time.”

“Oh, sure sure! As in now?”

“Yes. You know what you’ve been spacing out and smiling for the past hour are you on crack?”

“What!? Of course not.”

“Then what is it about? You’re acting weird this day you know,” her eyes got smaller eyeing her as if assessing Amber.

“Whoah what’s with the look? I’m fine, I’m just extra happy with..uhm.. on what’s happening with our group now,” she said defensively. What’s with being defensive? That’s true, what would be the other reason ey?

“Really huh? You’re glowing and..” she placed a hand under her chin still eyeing her suspisciously.

“And what?” it was her turn to raise a brow to hide her uneasiness.

“I don’t know. I can’t put a word on it. Duh, whatever! C’mon let’s get onstage the artists have arrived.”

And just like on cue, one of the stage director called everybody to prepare as they do the dry-run.

She sent Krystal a quick reply before keeping her phone inside her bag.

AMBER:

Princess we’re about to start see yah :p

She assisted Eunjung to the stage and as one of the hosts they were the first one to appear and open the program.

 

KRYSTAL'S POV

 

AMBER:

Princess we’re about to start see yah :P

“What’s with her today?” she asked to herself after reading Amber’s last viber message.

 She’s been very energetic that she can feel it through her messages. What a dorky Llama.

She shook her head, decided that she won’t respond since as Amber said they’d start the dry-run. Meaning, everyone’s gonna be rehearsing in the stage to familiarize the flow including them.

They had just arrived in the venue, they would perform around the middle of the show so they didn’t have to be early.Thank God for that! Except for Amber though who’s one of the hosts.Too bad for her.haha

“Let’s go girls, hurry up, the general rehearsal had just began.” Said their manager oppa and went out the van. They followed suit, hurriedly went inside a trailer assigned for them and wore their mic’s.

She had her mic set first so she decided to proceed to the stage area. “Unnie, I’ll go there first okey?” she said to Victoria before going out of the trailer.

“Okey,” the leader respond shortly.

“Ugh, it’s so hot,” she said while walking and checking her phone. Good thing she wore a plain white shirt. She’ll make Amber buy her an iced-coffee later. A smile formed on her lips on that thought.

Now where’s that Llama?

She can’t wait to see that contagious smile of her.

She had her eyes on the back stage, searching for a certain short-haired petite girl.  People were busy setting things up. Running from one side to the other with wires on the hand. Some were staring on monitors.

Where could you be fooling around Stupid?

She was engrossed to the busy-bees around the place when from out of nowhere she heard running steps from her left. When she turned a bit to check what it was she saw Amber with a grin on her face, arms wide open, her eyes mischievously sparkling.

She frozed for a second. Oh no you won’t! was all she could think of realizing what this Llama was about to do.

As her adrenaline fueled brain response, her body automatically tried to avoid the running Llama-face creature but it was too late.

Two strong arms were already wrapped around her waist lifting her in the process. Automatically, her hands placed itself above Amber’s. Forgive her for swearing but Damn it feels surprisingly good!

“Soojung-aaahh,” Amber half screaming and half giggling. She didn’t help but giggle too. She could feel her breath on her neck. There’s that weird feeling in her stomach again. She feels warm inside but her hands were cold. It’s like her insides were tickled and something wants to burst out from her tummy.

But to her disappointment it only lasted for a few seconds as Amber had placed her back down.

“Let’s go Soojung-a,” Amber placed a hand on her back still grinning from ear to ear. There go her insides doing a summersault.

“One more time please,” she pouted giving her simple Aigoo to the blonde girl.

“Awww. Sure Princess,” she complied as requested by Krystal. Again Amber’s arms was around her waist, now much gentler then slowly lifted her up.

“Up you go Princess,” she heard her say. For the second time around, she giggled at their silliness. Amber’s also giggling from her back.

“Aish, you too just can’t stop playing around,” they heard Luna said who had caught up with them due to her request.

They just smiled then continued walking.”Let’s go princess before you request for another one.”

She stuck her tongue out at her then made face which the latter had returned in much ridiculous way.

“Hyung, how about me?” they both turned to see a pouting Sulli and ended up laughing.

“Hyung..” still pleading Amber.

“Awww. Ddudulli, hyung might break her back. You’re much taller than me now,” Amber said cutely.

Cutely?! Are you freakin’ serious Krystal?!!!!!

“I hate you Hyung!” she hit Amber on the arm.

“Haha. Awwww. Come here, I’ll hug you instead,” Amber opened her arms to Sulli but the latter gave her a glare which is not an ounce scary at all. Amber just laughed and hugged Sulli. She can’t help but smile on the two.

“Stop smiling Soojung-ah!” Sulli said glaring at her now.

She just rolled her eyes at Sulli.

“Stop rolling your eyes Soojungie, it might not come back to its normal place.”

“Hah! Won’t happen Sulli-ah,” she countered.

“Aish you two stop bickering,” it’s Vic-unnie looking at the two of them her hand on her waist.

Luna and Amber is watching them with a smile on their faces.

They’re already on the stage’s side entrance waiting for their turn to rehearse.

Sulli stuck her tongue out on Krystal which she returned. The two of them just made faces to each other until the five of them broke into laughter.

“Haaay. We’re like crazy kids here,” said Victoria after recovering from laughing.

“F(x), you’re up next,” they heard one of the producer said and they immediately went inside the stage.

As they walk to their spot, they caught each other’s eyes and smiles were exchanges between the two of them.

Rum Pum Pum’s intro played and their rehearsal started.

 

Amber Pov

 

“Ugh, why is it so hot?” she complained to herself. It’s already late in the morning the sun is up to its highest throne. The general rehearsal had begun. She’s currently at the left wing of the back stage waiting for her other members to arrive. 3 more performances and they’re up next.

Where are they? She thought. According to Krystal’s last text they’re almost here and that was like 10minutes ago.

What’s the rush Amber? She heard her inner self said.

I wanna see her!  I mean, we can’t be late.

Oh really? Of course! And I badly wanna mess with Soojungie. I’m freakin’ bored ya know.

She could see her other self raising a brow to her. Whatever!

Fine. The thought of seeing Krystal puts a smile her face.

They’re in the same hotel. In fact, they ate breakfast together this morning. Of course you’re in the same group. But still, she feels like she wants to spend more time with her.

She enjoys seeing her pissed; her laugh spreads warmth on her chest she could never explain why. Krystal’s kind of violent when she’s caught off guard or too happy. Like you’ll get a lot of hit in the arm. It may sound very masochistic but even that she enjoys. Please don’t ask why ‘because it would take half of her brain to answer.

Isn’t that weird? So what? After all she’s weird since birth.

Maybe it has something to do with their conversation few days ago. Just maybe.

 

FLASHBACK

The sound of spoon and fork hitting the plate is the only thing that can be heard in the small apartment.

 With two pair of eyes occasionally stealing glances when the other one’s not looking.

Like right now, she’s looking at her, no scratch that. More like ogling on her while chewing her bacon strips. There’s a lot of questions crossing and bugging her mind at the moment.

And if it will be tossed into one, it’ll be ‘What in the world happened last night?’. Now make that an upper case with lots of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on it and couple of question marks. There, perfect!

 It may sound so stupid to say but all her memories from last night was a total blur. She’s not sure what’s real and what’s made up by her drunken neurons.

Ugh, why won’t my cerebellum and cerebrum cooperate even for a minute or two? So I could recall things and not be disoriented. Silently, she rants to herself.

She was busy on forcing her memories to clear itself when the red-head suddenly raised her head. Oh,oh! Too late to avert her eyes now, she’s already caught. Krys gave her a ‘what?’ look, still chewing her food.

“Ahm,Krys,” she tried to sound calm but her voice betrayed her.

“Yep?”

“Uhhhh…”

“Amber you don’t want me pissed this early do you?”

“Of course not.”

“Then what’s up with you? Just cut the chase and ask or whatever it is spill it out you know,” Krystal said dryly but somehow she saw a flicker of uncertainty in her eyes. Or did her eyes just trick her?

“OK. As you’ve said, I was so drunk last night. You were right, cause guess what I can’t remember almost everything,” she sighed feeling defeated. Krystal remained silent, she stopped eating though and waiting for her next words. She’s seriously looking at her as if trying to read her mind which is making her more nervous.

Inhale,exhale, calm down Llama you will not get your answer if you keep mum.

I kinda want to ask what..errrr…”

“You want to ask about last night?” Krys cut her into it. She nodded awkwardly.

She heard her sigh then straighten up on her seat. Suddenly, she seems nervous. Why would she be?

“Well…”

She can feel her heartbeat accelerating on each seconds passing. Krys is now looking at the ceiling, like she could get everything from there. Again, a deafening silence enveloped the room. Sweats are starting to form on her forehead. The anticipation is killing her, what could it be that Krystal seemed at lost for words. Oh God, don’t let it be like my nightmare. She would definitely lose it if she was right.

After what felt like eternity, Krystal finally looked at her.

“I came here last night to talk to you. You were still out when I arrived, as much as I wanted to text or call you I didn’t because one we are still not in good terms and two I left my phone.”

“Hmm, I want to narrate how funny-looking you were Llama but I can’t since we will be late if I do,” she chuckled on the thought.

Why so pretty Soojung-a?

“An hour later you came home almost crawling.”

“Hey, I wasn’t that drunk…” I tried to argue my case but unfortunately she gave me the ‘look’ so yeah back-off llama or you’re dead.

“I’m not a liar so shut-up,” then the baby jung’s glare.

My arms were in the air giving up on the thought of defending myself.

“You know what’s funny? You thought I was a hallucination,” she said then burst out laughing. She’s mocking me and I’m supposed to be pissed right? But I’m enjoying it instead, her face is priceless. Curse me!

“ I was so sure my mission won’t happen but to make the long story short you insisted and we end up talking and...” she paused and the chinky eyes that were looking at her seconds ago avoided hers.

“And?” I said encouraging her to continue. I honestly don’t remember that part of the night. What the hell happened to my memory?

“And we talked. I heard your thoughts and you heard mine. So we kinda reconciled last night,” Krystal said in one breathing. It was so fast she almost sensed panic on her voice. She looked at her intently, she’s her poker face on, lips pursed, something’s not right here. What’s up with the bipolar attitude all of a sudden?

“Really? Wow. I don’t remember that. I hope I did justify my actions though,” I tried to kid but I felt a pang of guilt again, as the memory of our bad encounter crossed my mind. That was just awful.

“I…I.. Soojungie?”

“Yes?”

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to act jerk on you that night,” I said looking straight into her eyes.

“You should be. I was so pissed to the point that I want to strangle you with your shoelaces. But you know what really pissed me? The part when he approached me and I was so confident he won’t take another step coz you’re with me. And yet when I was about to call you, you were nowhere to be found,” she said darting her with deadly stare.

I don’t know how and when did I stood to come close and wrapped my arms around her but I am now.

“I got scared Am,” I heard her say though the words were muffled. I can’t help but feel more guilt. I’m supposed to be there, if only I knew that my bladder break would cause so much trouble between us I should’ve endured it than see her again being harassed by that awful creature.

If you think this reaction is too much for what had happened, I’m gonna smack you in the head with a pan because me, the stupid llama is the Princess’ protector. I willingly and happily took that responsibility ever since I met and befriended her.

“I’m sorry Princess; I promise it will not happen again. And I’m sorry for saying stupid things to you when actually it was my entire fault. I’m sorry.” I said tightening the hug hoping it’s enough. I felt her returning the hug as her two arms were now at my back, her head nuzzled on my neck.

“Just don’t do it again. That was the first time I saw you that angry around me, you should’ve seen your face…”

“Sssssh, I won’t. I will never act that way again. That was too much, it was uncalled for. Though I can’t promise to not be angry again because I can’t control some circumstances, but I’d be more rational next time.”

“I’ll remember that llama and expect me to scream that in your face if you ever try to be a jerk on me again,” she said poking me in the side with each word.

“Copy that princess.” I can’t remember when the last time I felt this glad over something. Finally, we’ve cleared things up. No more awkward silence. No more Krystal eating veggies for the whole week and no Amber will wear a skirt. Sorry Vic-unnie, it just won’t happen.hah!

We were locked in that embrace for a few more minutes when she pulled away and held me in arms length.

“I still have one more thing to tell you Am,” I want to laugh on the seriousness of her face but I held it.

“What is it Soojungie?” I asked curiosity getting over me.

“I told you we talked right?”

“Yes.”

“Well, we did more than that” I saw her swallow after saying that. Oh, crap. What have I done stupid now?

“We..uhmm.” she’s biting her lip. Please Krystal, stop that or someone will lose it. Someone who’s finding this act of yours very adorable.

“Darn.” She let go of me, now fidgeting. Now this must be something because she looks very uncomfortable. And she’s rarely like this, because she’s the little ice princess and almost no one can intimidate her. But what could it be? She said they talked then they did more….

‘No! It can’t be that!’ my inner self screamed inside of my head. My eyes grew wide on the possibility. “We ki….”

“The monster, the son of my bed..” the sound of my incoming call alert cut what Krystal about to say. I hurriedly went inside my room to get my phone.

Vic’s name was on the screen.

“Yoboseyo!” I greeted after swiping it.

“Yoboseyo! Just checking out if you’re awake cause oppa called me a while ago he’ll pick us up earlier to drop by the company for something about our promotions so you better be prepared after 15minutes.”

‘Damn,’ I cursed to myself when I saw it’s already 8. I haven’t even bathed.

“Ok unnie.”

“By the way did Krystal sleep over? She’s not answering her phone.”

“Ah, yes unnie. She’s here we just ate breakfast. She left her phone on their house.”

“Yah! Tell her I’m gonna pinch that ears of her so bad later for leaving her phone. Anyway, bye now see you!”

Before I could answer the line went dead.

“Ddudungie, we should be ready after 15 minutes. Oppa will pick us up earlier!” I shouted to Krystal while preparing my things as fast as I can.

“Oh my God! I thought we’re due at 9?????!!!” she came rushing to my room.

“Vic called we have to be ready now!” I answered in a rushed tone throwing my things I’ll need in the bed.

“Shoot! I gotta run, my things are in the house.” She said picking up the her hoodie from my night stand then ran to the door. But before she managed to get out from my room…

“By the way I was about to say we kinda kissed last night. Errr, and made out a bit! Bye llama!!”

That made me stopped on my tracks to the bathroom. My eyes widen on the information.

“WHAAAAAAT????!!!!!!” I ran to her direction but she was already out when I got there.

“JUNG SOOJUNG COME BACK HEREEEEE!!!” I called to the running figure in the hallway.

Soojung-a, you’ve got some explaining to do! i said to myself then ran to the bathroom.

 

Present

 

And yes, we did talk about it after our first schedule for the day. She gave me a short but concise explanation. We were both silent after. I was shocked to my core, who wouldn’t be? I fvking kissed my best friend and worse my member. Like what the hell?!! But Krystal was quick to justify things and told me to just not over-think on what happened. Our exact conversation was,

“Hey stupid, I’m not mad at you or whatever, though it was my first kiss…”

“..” I groaned. How can she be this calm when I feel like I just ate a bomb. My hands are sweating.

“Watch your mouth Stupid.” She said on a firm tone.

“Sorry.”

“Just don’t think about it too much. Whatever happened, let’s just consider it part of our bond. You don’t have to feel guilty over it. Because to be honest I don’t mind it , since we couldn’t do anything now.” She said while smiling and tapping me in the shoulder.

“Ok,”I sighed in defeat. I smiled at her.

 

After that day, we became closer than we are. It’s like something in between us sparked on that shared kiss. Somehow we felt more connected and at ease with each other. It’s bewildering but true.

Just by thinking that baby jung will be here any moment from now makes her giddy from inside out.  

Heavens must’ve heard her because after a couple of minutes she saw the subject of her thoughts walking out from one of the trailer. A smile formed on her lips at the sight of her. She’s wearing her comfort clothes. A pair of blue jeans and plain white shirt matched with white converse. Sounds too plain? Nope, because Krystal still looks very attractive on those casual clothes.

Why is that Soojungie? She badly wants to ask.  

Suddenly a naughty idea came into her. Her smile turned into a grin. She hid on one of the gigantic speakers and waited for Krystal to be nearer.

When she’s about 20 feet away, she took a step backward then slowly went out from her hiding place and ran to Krystal’s direction grinning ridiculously. Like a kid who’s about to caught santa from the chimney.

“Soojung-aaaah!” she said loudly capturing the girl she’s been thinking of a while ago in her arms. The moment their bodies met everything around went slow-mo in an instant.

The wind’s breeze went gentler, the loud noises booming from the large speakers and people died. All she could hear is Krystal’s giggles. Which is for the record music to her ears. She feels so soft and her flowery scent makes her want to nuzzle on her.

 Gosh, this feels so right. It feels so right to the point she wishes to have a clone and take a picture of the moment.

Jung Soojung, what are you doing to me?

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

listen to this please https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k5CxqRLm4Q :)

 

 

(credits to the owners of the pictures and gifs :) 

 

>> comment up guys, i wanna hear your thoughts! and hello to my new subscribers :D