Chapter 4

Mysterious Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The day that I've been waiting for finally arrived. Today is friday, it means after school I will hangout with Jongin. Our habit still continue, we still exchange glance and smile, but we don't talk to each other in classroom or in the hallway. We just talk to each other when we in library. Somehow library has become our secret place together. We just talk about randon things. This just make me feel so happy, be able to talk to him and see his smile everyday. I don't know he's such a great friend and not a cold person. I still don't get it why he's so cold to others.

 

Today, I don't see him in class. I go to library during break, but I still can't find him. Then I go to the rooftop, hoping to see him but its just lead to a disappointment. I let out a sigh and think that he might not come with us. So Eun and Baekhyun can feel my disappointment, but they don't talk about it. Baekhyun has told So Eun that he doesn't know why Jongin absent today. The last bell for today finally ringing. I suddenly not in the mood to hangout with So Eun and Baekhyun anymore, but honestly I am still hoping that he will come. I don't know why, but I am so sure that he will fulfill his promise like he did that the first time.

 

We go straight to the new cafe near school. Baekhyun has invited his friends too, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. We ordered many foods because we know that we will kill some time here. "You told us that Jongin is coming. Where is he?" Kyungsoo asked and it hits me. I am sad and want to know where is he and what happen with him, but I don't have his phone number or do I have the rights to know everything about him? Who am I to him anyway? I let out a heavy sigh again and So Eun noticed it. She squeezed my hand and give me a sorry smile. "I don't know. He was absent today. I try to reach him, but I couldn't." Baekhyun replied. Kyungsoo nd Chanyeol just nodded their head like they already know why. Suddenly I feel my phone vibrating. I take a look who is the one who sent me the mesaage. I cnfeel butterflies in my stomach immediately and my heart start racing once I read the message.

 

From: xxx-xxxx-xxx

I am sorry, I am late. Just count to 60 like you did the last time, and I'll be there.

-Jongin

 

I smile after I read it and start to count. I'm like a kid who is so excited to see my favorite movie with ny parents. I am waiting for him to come. Baekhyun and So Eun finally noticed my sudden happiness. So Eun give me the look like she wants to know what happend to me. Baekhyun is the same. Just Kyungsoo and Chanyeol who don't aware with it. Of course, they are too busy to notice it because their focus is on their handphone, they're playing games.

 

"55...56...57...58...59..." When I about to say 60, the door of the cafe is open and there he is. Jongin with white tee, jeans, jacket, and sneakers. He looks handsome as always with just that outfit. So Eun and Baekhyun turn their head to the door and they immediately know why I acted that way. Jongin walked to our table and said, "I canstill join you guys, right?" He smiled nd glance at me. We nodded and he sit right next to me. I m so nervous right now. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol finished their battle and say hi to Jongin. They sseem not tosee each other for a while because they're catching things up.

 

I just sit there and eat my food quietly when he suddenly start our conversation. "Don't you curious why I know your phone number?" He asked me nervously, like he's afraid I will get mad because of it. "Ah, you're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter