Chapter 10

Mysterious Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am at my favorite spot in the library, alone. Jongin is absent today because he needs to take care everything for his migration to America. I heaved a long sigh thinking about the remaining time I have with Jongin. I feel happy and sad at the same time. Jongin’s happiness is my happiness and Jongin’s happiness is important to me. I looked outside the window and found some of the juniors playing at the field, “I am going to miss my high school life,” I said. “Me too” another voice replied my statement making my heart jumped out because of shock. I turned my head and found So Eun in front of me.

“You surprised me,” I said and she just grinning. “Why are you here?” I asked her. “I just bored and I knew that you will be here.” She replied and I nodded.

“Hey, by the way, you haven’t said thank to me.” So Eun said and I looked at her in confusion. Thank her for what?

Like she can read my mind, she added, “You and Jongin together, you must treat me and Baekhyun, you know?” She smile playfully and I still in confusion because I don’t understand what she’s talking about. What are they role in me and Jongin together?

“Explain.” I said and ready to listen to her.

“Mmm… Remember when I left you and be paired up with Baekhyun and you with Jongin?” She said and I hummed. “Baekhyun asked me why suddenly I want in the same group as him and I’m sorry but not sorry to you because I told him that you like Jongin and I want you to get closer to Jongin.” She said and I just nodded, letting this one pass. “Then Baekhyun just laughed and mumbling to himself but I still can heard him. He said that Jongin must be so happy and nervous that time. So I asked him to tell me everything and simply said that Jongin likes you too. I couldn’t be happier when I heard that and I think it was a good choice to leave you.”

I widened my eyes when I heard that Jongin already like me that time, “Really?” I said and I blushed. So Eun looked at me with playfully gaze, “You still don’t know? Haven’t Jongin tell you how he ended up liking you?” She said. I shook my head, “No, he hasn’t. He will. He promised to me.” I replied. “Okay then. You must treat me and Baekhyun, okay? Because If I didn’t leave you, maybe it will took longer for you and Jongin to be together.” She laughed and I just thank her and promise to treat her and Baekhyun.

So Eun left me after she told me her confession and story about how she and Baekhyun become me and Jongin love cupid. Well, they helped us so much I don’t deny that. From when Jongin like me then? I am more curious now to the point I want Jongin to spill it out to me right now. He is a mysterious boy even until now he never told me about how he ended up liking me. Honestly, I still need to know Jongin more because he is an introvert man and I need an extra effort to make him open up to me at first. Much to my relief, Jongin open up to me more and more and I am thankful for that. We both can’t express ourselves well, that’s why sometimes there will be an awkward situation.

I blushed and smile everytime I think about Jongin. I am wondering where is he right now and why he haven’t contacted me today? Like Jongin can read my mind, my phone is ringing right now and the caller is Jongin. I smile and excitedly pick up the phone.

“Seems like someone reading my mind.” I said and I can hear him laughing. His laugh always sounds like a music to my ears. His laugh is so adorable.

“Ooo… miss me that much?” He said confidently, “Where are you?”

“You know my answer. I am at library, you?” I replied.

“I am here.” He said then hung up the phone. He appeared in front of me with a big smile on his face. “Did you really miss me?” He said and sit in front of me, waiting for my answer. I smile from ear to ear because of him. “Of course.” I said, “Did you already take care of everything?” I added. He just nodded, “I miss you, too. Let’s go.” He said and I just followed him out of the school.

“Where are we going?” I asked him. “Somewhere. You will like that place. Don’t worry, I already asked permission from your dad.” He winked at me. He already so close with my parents, it’s a good thing, right?

We’re at somewhere high where we can see the sea of light of the city. “Wow! How did you know this place? It’s so beautiful!” I said amazed by the view in front of me. “Pretty, isn’t it?” Jongin said and I nodded.

“I will leave a week after graduation.” He said and suddenly I frozen for a while. I don’t know how to respond his statement. My smile disappeared from my face and my sight become blurred because of the tears that welled up on my eyes. I sighed and tried to smile and holding up my tears before I turned my body to face him. “Really? Good then. You will start your path to become a professional dancer then.” I said, trying to sounds sincerely but I failed. I can feel the hurt with every words that came out from my mouth.

“I’m sorry that it’s so fast, but I can’t do anything. They told me to go there faster…” Jongin stopped his words then he bring his head down, he looked at the ground now. I can see him hurting too, not just me. “Jongin, look at me!” I said and I held his chin up until his eyes met mine. His eyes were so read and I can see his tears. When his eyes met mine, a tear escaped from his eyes. This is the first time I saw him crying in front of me.

I wiped his tears away and kissed him. I kissed him with all my heart like tomorrow is our last day. I moved closer to him and deepen the kiss. There are mixed feeling in our kiss, happy, sad, love, and hurt. I am crying in our kiss. I broke the kiss and rest my head on his chest, he wrapped his hands around my waist. I calmed myself down first before talk.

I grabbed his hand and sit him down on the bench near us. I take his hand into mine and I looked into his eyes. “You know, you don’t have to be sorry. You leave for good and I don’t mind. Your happiness come first. Your happiness is so important to me. Your dream is important too, not just for you but for me too.” His eyes are still red but he held his tears.

“Truthfully, I don’t want to tell you today. But, I can’t hold it. I want you to know faster. I am sorry to ruin our night.” He said and I just nodded. I gave him my genuine smile. “It’s a good thing that I know now. So, I know how much time left until you leave to America.” I said and I feel hurt. “A month from now. Let’s just enjoy it and fill it with happy and beautiful memory, okay?” I said to him, “I know that you’ll be back to here someday, but…” I sighed, “Let’s just share another beautiful memories, okay?” I said and he nodded.

He pulled me into his embrace, “Okay. Like you said, let’s spend our time happily. Thank you. And, I’m sorry.” He hugged me tight and kissed the top of my head.

Graduation ceremony will be starting soon. I sighed and hate this time. Why time goes by so fast? Can I stop the time even for a short time? I sighed again and stomped my feet. “Today is our graduation day. Don’t make that face, sweetheart. You look prettier with smile.” Jongin appeared beside me and he held my hand. I looked at him and smile. “I am here.” He squeezed my hand and I nodded.

After graduation ceremony, we, me, Jongin, So Eun, and Baekhyun, at the rooftop of school. Our parents already went home. We said that we want to stay longer in school. I met with Jongin’s family earlier. They were so warm to me and my family. They told me to visit their house tonight to have dinner with them.

“It’s so fast, right?” Baekhyun said, “We will be a college student soon.” We nodded. “Jongin, you leave next week, right?” Baekhyun asked and that question made me frozen. “Yes.” Jongin replied in a word. So Eun went to Baekhyun and hit his arm, “Ah! Why you hit me?” Baekhyun asked in an annoying tone. “Just be quiet!” So Eun whispered.

“Let’s go. You need to change your clothes, right?” Jongin said and stretched his hand out to me. “Ah, right.” I said, “We go first. Bye.” I said and we left the rooftop.

I wear my favorite dress, knee-length dark blue dress. I checked myself for the last time before go down. “Mom, do I look okay?” I asked my mom. “My daughter is really beautiful. It’s okay, honey.” My mom said and she fixed myself again. “Here. Give this to Jongin’s parent, okay?” My mom handed me a paper bag and I nodded. When the bell rang, I gave my mom a peck on her cheek and I go to the door.

I opened the door and found Jongin. He looks handsome as always and he looks more comfortable than me. “How do I look?” I asked him, still unsure about how I look. “You look pretty, babe and nervous.” He chuckled and I hit his arm. I closed the door, “Don’t tease me. You look nervous too when you met my parents, you know?” I pouted, “I’m sorry. I just want to tease you. You look cute.” Jongin said and pulled me to go to his house.

“Welcome to our house. Come in, Honey!” Mrs. Kim said as she hugged me. “Thank you for inviting me.” I said to the whole family. “We’re sorry, we should invite you sooner. I’ve heard so much about you from Jongin.” Mr.Kim said. Jongin guide me to the living room. “Just sit. I’ll be back.” He left me, as much as I want to grabbed his hand and tell him to stay here I couldn’t. I looked around the room and found so many photos. I smile when I spotted Jongin when he was a kid. His smile never changed.

“You’re here. Hello, I am Jongin’s sister. You should come sooner.” She said and hugged me. I startled because of sudden action from his sister. She pulled out, “Jongin always told me about you. I’ve known you since he started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter