SEVEN

The Difference between Fiction and Fact

 

I discovered that this guy, Dongwoon, one of the boys I've been trying to avoid, also attends the same school as I. Thankfully he's a senior and I'm still a junior, so we wouldn't be running into each other often. Though we are the same age, I'm supposed to be a senior but I had missed a year due to an illness and now I have to repeat my junior year. 

I didn't mind that Dongwoon and I attended the same school but he was becoming a bother during lunch. He always came to the rooftop with two of his classmates, Namjoon and Jieun, and I didn't bother changing my lunch spot. I'd rather go through their noisiness than be picked on and have my food thrown all over the place. Though now, Dongwoon had told the other boys about how we attended the same school and now I keep running into them. I decided to just deal with it and stop running away. I was tired from hating them. Honestly they didn't really do anything that bad to me, they were just doing what they thought was right. After all, how could they possibly understand what I'm going through and how I feel?

 

I was at the Yang's Restaurant again and this time I didn't try to hide my face every time someone came in. These boys visited this place often because their friends parents owned the place. I was writing in my journal again while listening to music. 

My boyfriend and I were on a date today, we went to our favorite restaurant and ordered a bowl of jjampong and Jajjangmyun. We out our noodles deliciously and apparently I had some sauce on the corner of my lips. he reached over and wiped the sauce off with his fingers and then the sauce off his fingers while looking at me with a playful smirk. "You're gross" I laughed softly and shook my head. After we finished our meal we sat and talked for a bit longer before leaving and walking down the street to find somewhere to eat dessert. Oh Junmi! what's up? whatchu doin?

Wait- what? 

I blinked and looked up from my journal and saw Junhyung grinning at me as I he tried to take a peak at journal. My eyes widened in shock and I quickly shut the notebook and hid it between my arms. "N-nothing, I'm not doing anything," I defended. If he saw what was in here he'd make fun of me for sure, not only that, he would tell his friends and then in no time I'd become the laughing stock of group, just like in school. 

Junhyung blinked slowly and tilted his head in confusion before shaking his head and placing himself in the seat beside me. "You don't mind if I sit here do you?" He said with a grin. "You're supposed to ask before you sit," I grumbled. 

He chuckled and rested his elbow on the table, supporting his chin against his fist and looked at me. "Aren't you going to eat anything? I'm starving- I think I might order some Jajjangmyun, what are you getting? "I already ordered my food..." I spoke timidly "I ordered some Jjamp-" I stopped mid sentence. Wait- this situation seems familiar. Jajjangmyung and Jjampong? Just like in my story...now that I think about it, a lot of things that have been happening recently are all too familiar. There's no way someone could have deja vu so often. I pursed my lips together. Nah maybe it's just a coincidence and I'm thinking too much. 

"Jjampong? Oh so you like spicy foods," Junhyung nodded to himself and smiled at the waitress as she placed my bowl of Jjampong in front of me. He told her what he wants and she smiled at me. "Are you two friends now?" She asked me. I shook my head and before I could speak Junhyung had already beat me to it and said "Yeah, of course we're friends now! After all I saved-" My eyed widened and I quickly shut his mouth with my hand without thinking. "What are you talking about!" I realized what I did and cleared my throat taking my hand back. "I mean...I never said we were friends, don't go deciding things on your own," I said softly while looking down. 

I picked up my chopsticks and began eating my noodles. After Haeyeon left Junhyung turned to me. 

"I want to ask you some questions...will you answer me honestly?" 

I looked up at him. "Why do I need to answer you?"

"I won't let you leave until you answer me,"

I put down my chopsticks and sighed softly. 

"fine."

Junhyung scooted his chair a little closer to me. "First...why did you stop me mid-sentence?"

"Does the whole world need to know I tried to kill myself?" I answered, looking straight at him. He nodded in response. 

"fair enough, alright then...why won't you let us get close to you?" He asked, this time his tone was a bit softer, and for some reason, that made me feel just a bit more safer.

"I-..I don't need friends, I prefer being...on my own" I subconsciously looked down, avoiding eye contact with him. 

"last one question...why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you doing this to yourself?" 

I swallowed my saliva and clenched my fists in my lap. "I-" wait what am I doing? I was about to tell him everything. I sighed and stayed silent. 

Why? Why was I about to open up to him? Why do I feel like I can tell him anything? This man....

This man...he is strange. 

"That's okay..you don't have to answer me right now, I won't bother you about it, but please, could you open up to us just a little bit?" 

Junhyung pleaded. His voice and eyes were filled with sincerity. Why does he care so much about a girl like me? 

"Why do you care so much about me? Why are you so persistent about become friends with me?" My voice shook a bit and I swallowed back any tears that threatened to come out. 

I looked into my eyes and shrugged. "Honestly...I don't know, I don't even know why I decided to come here today, or how I saved you that last time. But for some reason I just always end up being around you," He paused for a moment. "for some reason when I think about you...and when I'm around I get this strange feeling. This feeling that I know you, that I have to be there for you...you- you're really a strange girl." 

I didn't know how to respond, me the strange one? You're the strange one...I then felt a soft touch against my cheek. "What are you crying for?" He let out a soft chuckle. I quickly began wiping my face with my sleeves, I didn't even realize I was crying. "I wasn't crying," I mumbled and quickly grabbed my chopsticks and began stuffing my face with the noodles.

You're the strange one.

 

 

 

 


A/N: ugh finally some more Junhyung! 

please don't forget to leave comments and subscribe~