FIVE

The Difference between Fiction and Fact

Junhyung, Doojoon and Hyunseung decided to all visit the girl they had saved to see if she was doing alright, the other three boys were not able to join them due to schedules. As the three were walking towards the hospital they noticed a small noisy crowd, they weren't sure what was going on but they thought maybe they recognized the boys as cube trainees or maybe there was some sort of even going on. 

The boys shrugged it off and entered the hospital and Doojoon approached the front desk to see if they could visit the girl. The nurse at desk nodded and gestured for them to go ahead and so they did. They reached the room on the second floor where Junmi was and entered the room and noticed the bed was empty. "Do you think she's in the rest room?" Hyunseung asked. "Hm, maybe, let's just wait here for here then," Junhyung nodded at Doojoon's suggestion and glanced at the bed again, before he turned around to take a seat he tilted his head curiously and furrowed his brows. 

"You don't....usually take the IV off your arm to go to the restroom right?" 

The other two looked at him, "of course not," Hyunseung answered.

"Her IV....it's still here,"

Doojoon and Hyunseung both looked towards the bed and also noticed that, indeed, the IV was still present. 

"Hyung look...a letter" Junhyung glanced over at Doojoon and picked up the sheet of paper he found on the bed. Doojoon and Hyunseung both came closer and read the letter together. 

 

Junki Oppa,

 

        If You’re reading this, I’m sorry but after thinking about for a long time...I’ve thought about it so many times and this is my conclusion, this is my final decision... I can’t take it anymore! You always tell me things will get better and that i just need to give it time but...I don’t see any signs of any of this getting better. Things just get worse and worse by the day. So...I have decided it is finally time for me to go, to make everyone happy and just leave this world. I mean...I’m going to die sooner later and I decided sooner is better than later.

 I’m sorry oppa...I hope you’ll grow to be a successful doctor and find the love of your life. I hope you get married and create a big happy family. 

I love you...tell my parents I love them as well.

                                                                                                       Sincerely,
                                                                                                                  Lee Junmi

 


As the three were reading, Dr. Lee had walked into the room, "Oh you boys are here! It's nice to see someone cares about our little Junmi," He smiled and blinked in confusion as he noticed the Junmi's bed was empty, and then he glanced at the three boys and tilted his head as they look up from the paper. "Where's Junmi?" Dr. Lee asked. Junhyung swallowed and handed him the paper. Dr. Lee took the paper and his eyes widened when he saw the contents of the letter. He crushed the paper in his hand , "Damn it! this girl, I can't believe her! Where is she? we need to find her quick!" Dr. Lee shouted and the boys looked around the room and checked the bathroom as well as Dr. Lee notified the Nurses. The nurses also checked in different areas.

Junhyung paused and looked up at Doojoon as he remembered the chattering crowd outside of the hospital,  "Hyung! I think I know where she is!" Dr. Lee, Hyunseung, and Doojoon all looked at Junhyung. "The rooftop!"

"But she can't get up there without a staff key-" Dr. Lee paused and checked for his key and realized it was gone. "- Let's go!" They ran through the corridors and Dr. Lee quickly stopped one of the doctors. "Dr. Kim I need you key quick! it's an emergency!" Dr. Kim handed his key card to Dr. Lee

"What's going on?" Dr. Kim asked. 

"Junmi is on the roof!" Dr. Lee answered and bowed to Dr.Kim before he continued with the boys. The went the elevator to the highest floor it can go to and went up the stairs for the rest of the way. Dr. Lee swiped the key card to unlock the door to the roof top and then all went out. 

They all paused as they breathed heavily from running. They saw Junmi sitting on top of the fencing that was put up on the roof for safety. 

 

Junmi sat on the top of the fence and looked down at the ground as more and more people had gathered as they looked up at her and shouted. She didn't notice that someone had come up onto the roof top, she was too busy staring down at the ground. Junmi took in a deep breath and looked up at the sky and then breathed out. "Here goes..." She whispered to herself. She closed her eyes and prepared herself to fall, but she didn't notice that someone had climbed up the fence. Before she knew it she felt someone wrap their arm around her waist and pull her back.

 

Junhyung grunted as pulled away from the fence, and fell onto his back, holding on tightly to Junmi. The girl shifted on top of him and Dr.Lee quickly ran over to Junhyung and Junmi, he grabbed Junmi's wrist and pulled her up to her feet, in silence, he began to drag the girl away, Junhyung looked up at Junmi who had looked back at him as she was being dragged. "That was strange..." He thought, "when did I- I was just standing over there...and before I realized it...I was on the ground holding onto her..." 

 

Dr. Lee silently took her to her room, he did not look nor say a word to Junmi. He told the nurses to put her under surveillance and have someone at her side at all times. He went to deal with the police officers who had come into the building to check on the situation. They had an officer stay with the girl to make sure she didn't try anything again. She stayed in the hospital under suicide watch for two weeks, they brought a therapist and psychiatrist to try and help her. She was prescribed medication for depression before she was released to go back home. She was required to visit the therapist once a week and had to take the medication every day.

 

A week after being released from the hospital, Junmi decided to visit her favorite restaurant. The owners wife came up to her with a smile and took her order. As Junmi was eating her cell phone began to ring. She picked up her phone and looked at the caller ID 

Mom 

Junmi answered the phone, "Baby! are you okay now? I heard that you were at the hospital, what happened sweetie? I heard you looked beat up...did someone hurt-"
Junmi cut her mother off, "No mom, I'm fine, it was just a small car accident, nothing major happened, I'm totally fine," she lied. Besides...why are you calling only now that I'm out? She thought. 

"I'm so glad sweetie, you should be more careful from now, yea? I'm sorry we couldn't visit you baby we've just been so busy with meetings and work...we are working a deal with this company and we're thinking of opening a company here England, our company is finally growing! aren't you excited?" He mother kept on talking as Junmi just listened. "Anyways it looks like we will be in England for a little while longer, probably one or two more months, we're not sure, so you're going to have to stay at your uncles place longer-" Her mother paused as she heard another voice in the background. 

"Listen baby I have to go now, we're heading to our next meeting, your father and I miss you, take care, bye" Junmi said good bye as well and shut her phone and scoffed. "sorry we couldn't visit, we had meetings" Junmi mumbled, mocking her mother. "What's more important, me...or work?" Junmi let out a sigh and took out her journal and began to write a new chapter to her fantasy.