SIX

The Difference between Fiction and Fact

I began writing in my journal, adding a new chapter to my world, to my sanctuary.


“I sat in the café by myself, wearing a hood over my head as I sipped on my coffee. The bell of the shop rang and I looked up and that a group of boys had entered the café. I recognized them and smirked lowering my head. Waiting to see if my friend had recognized me, it seems they have not since they passed by me and sat at a table and-“

I got distracted as a few boys walked into the shop while talking and chattering, I was at my favorite restaurant, the Yang Family Korean Restaurant, and it was a cozy restaurant. I looked up at the noisy boys and my eyes immediately widened as I recognized the boys. The ones I’ve wanted to avoid the most. Men holding cameras followed them in and filmed the boys. The blonde one grinned widely and went over to hug his mother and father, who were the owners of this place.

“He’s their son?!” I thought. I watched while pulling my hood over my head and slowly put my things away in my bag left cash on the table to pay for my Kimbab before I got up and tried to leave without attracting any attention to myself, which I successfully did. I was finally out of there and quickly started to go back home and took a let out a sigh of relief.

I don’t like those boys, they saved my life but I’m still not thankful for it. You might be thinking “oh but you went through therapy! Aren’t you getting better?” No I am not. But I am faking it. I may have depression but that has nothing to do with the way I think or feel. My life is in fact a crappy one. No one understands what happens to me or what goes on. I can’t say anything about Minhee either because she’s rich enough to make it so what she does to me never happened.

But since both of my attempts to leave this world I decided for now…I won’t try it again. I will wait a little longer and see how things go. Will things get better? Will things change? We will see.

 

 

 

I have finally returned to school after recovering, my uncle’s wife would go and pick up my assignments from school and she managed to borrow some notes from some boys for me so that I can make up for the time I’ve been gone. The boys at my school did not hesitate or even question her. Aunt Hana was a gorgeous woman, boys always fell head over heels for her, she was a sweet woman as well, and I don’t understand why she’s in love or even still with this so called uncle of mine.

I stood in front of the school gates and took a deep breath as I entered. I made sure to avoid contact with anyone, especially Minhee and her gang. I walked to the teacher’s office and knocked on the door before entering. I approached my teachers for each subject that I owed homework to and handed them my work. Then I bowed before I left to my classroom and sat at my desk quietly.

The bell for first period finally rang and Mr. Kim entered the classroom with someone trailing behind him. The teacher introduced him as the new student and let the boy introduce himself. He grinned widely and bowed, “Yo! What’s up? Nice to meet you all, I just moved to this area, so show me around aight? Oh I’m Kim Jongin,” some girl squealed over his good looks, including Minhee, who has a boyfriend, they were all excited to have a handome new guy in school. The seat right beside mine was empty…since the student who was sitting next to me asked to switch seats, but now it is no longer empty since Mr.Kim assigned the seat to the new guy.

Jongin sat down and grinned at me, “Yo, you’re my seat mate now huh? What’s your name?” he asked I looked up at him a bit shyly, though I was afraid he might start teasing me and picking on me like the others. I opened my mouth and stuttered, “I-I uh…I’m Lee…J-junmi,” I pursed my lips and bowed my head. He ruffled my hair and I opened my eyes wide in surprise and looked up at him. He just smiled at me and looked forward, he mumbled something but I couldn’t hear.

 

It was finally lunch hour and I had gone up to the roof, I didn’t want to eat outside again, not after what happened with Minhee that day. I opened the door to the roof and walked to a corner and sat down leaning against the wall, I took my mp3 player out and plugged in my ear-phones and some music. I then pulled out my lunch box and opened it. My aunt had made rice, sausage and kimbab for my lunch and of course kimchi was in the box as well. I began to eat while taking my time. Once I finished my food I leaned my head back and closed my eyes.

 

I felt someone lightly nudge my shoulder and heard a distant voice, I opened my eyes and I saw a familiar figure in front me. I blinked a few times and as I pulled my headphones out and remembered who he is.

 

 

 


A/N: hey guys can you please leave comments? it can comments, criticism, or anything else just leave comments it encourages me to keep writing and criticism can help me improve.