TEN

The Difference between Fiction and Fact

I was listening to familiar sounds of beeping as I slowly woke up, I couldn't open my eyes since they felt so heavy. It felt like I had been asleep for years since my body was so stiff and heavy. I then heard a voice calling my name. 

"Junmi," It was Junki "I have some good news for you..that girl Jung Minhee, she turned herself in saying she's been feeling extremely guilty about what she did. She's going to be under house arrest for a while since she turned herself in. Her parents are paying for your hospital bills too."  

Minhee turned herself in? For what? For locking me in a closet...why would they put her under house arrest for that, and Minhee is not the type to feel guilty for anything. I thought. 

Junki then sighed. "Junmi, please wake up soon, we miss you...I miss you, there's something important I need to tell you, so please wake up," 

The way he sounded just then made my heart drop. I've never heard him sound so worried like that before in my life. The way he was asking me to wake up was as if I would never wake up again. 

"By the way the guys who brought you to the hospital came to visit, they've been visiting you a lot lately," I could almost see him smiling. 

"Hello there, Junmi-si, it's me Junhyung. Yoseob couldn't come today but he says his mother misses seeing you at the restaurant,"

"Si?" Why was he calling me so formally. I was so confused. Something seemed off, something seemed different.

I tried to open my eyes but for some reason it was really hard to do so. But I kept trying to force my eyes open and the bright light hit my eyes making me squint.

"Dr. Lee she's...she's opening her eyes!" Junhyung called for Junki, he sounded surprised. As my eyes adjusted to the light, I blinked a bit before looking around, I saw Junhyung, Doojoon and Kikwang smiling at me and then I looked over beside me as Junki sat down on the side of the bed, looking down at me. He was smiling brightly at me, making me smile back naturally. But his eyes were slowly filing up with tears.

I was confused, why? Why is he crying?  I tried to speak, but my voice wouldn't come out and I coulodn't keep my lids open any longer. My eyes closed and all I saw was darkness again. 

 

I opened my eyes as sun light coming in from the window had hit my face. I looked around and realized that this was not my room and remembered the events of last night. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "You're awake?" I looked over to my side and saw a girl sitting at the desk with a laptop and a text book open on top of it. I recognized her as Yoseob's sister. 

"You should go take a shower, Mom is preparing breakfast for us downstairs," She smiled at me. Her smile was kind and gentle. I smiled back and nodded and she handed me some clean clothes to wear and a towel"wear these for now, your uniform is in the dryer,"

"Thank you," I managed to say before leaving her room to find the bathroom. I forgot to ask her where it was but as soon as I was about to turn around I saw Yoseob coming my way.

"Junmi-ah! You're awake!" He smiled brightly at me and I nodded, "n-ne..." He looked down at what I was carrying and then back up at me, "going to shower?" I nodded again, "I see, the water is hot and ready for you so go ahead," He started to walk back towards his room but I quickly grabbed him by his shirt and he turned to look at me.

"what's wrong?"

"Um...I don't know where it is," I spoke softly and he chuckled at me pointing towards the door down the hall, "right there, don't take too long okay?" I smiled as a thank you and bowed my head before letting him go and heading towards the shower. 

 

 

I made my back to Haeyeon's room after showering and when I opened the door I saw her ironing my uniform. "You don't have to do that, I can do it" I approached her offered to take the iron from her but she just smiled and shook her head. "It's okay, I'm almost finished anyway so you go downstairs and get yourself some breakfast okay," I was about to argue but she pressed her finger against her lips and shook her head. I sighed and gave in before leaving her room and making my way downstairs into the restaurant. The restaurant was still closed so there wasn't any customers around.

As I made myself in I saw Yoseob sitting with his mother. I bowed towards his mother in respect and joined them at the table. "Thank you Mrs. Yang for letting me stay here, and for the breakfast, you really didn't have work yourself like this,"

"Aigoo, what are you saying? You think I'm going to let a young growing girl go to school without a proper breakfast? I would never let that happen," She smiled and laughed and I couldn't help but smile back. She was a sweet and kind woman.

"If you don't feel like going to school you can stay here, or I can take you home. I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to rest some more, you seem exhausted." Yoseob suggested and I shook my head, "It's okay, I'll...I'll be fine, I should go I can't afford to miss anymore school days this year," Yoseob nodded and then we began to to eat the breakfast Mrs. Yang had prepared for us. I usually don't eat much but today I just felt hungry for some reason and ate a lot. Once we finished eating I helped Mrs. Yang clean the dishes before heading upstairs and changing into the my uniform.

Haeyeon wanted to fix my hair I was about refuse but she beat me to it and didn't let me. She brushed my hair and fixed it into a half-up fishtail braid. When I looked into the mirror I liked how I looked. I never did my hair before, I usually just keep it down. It was different and it was a nice change. I thanked Haeyeon and made my way downstairs and grabbed my bag as Yoseob handed me it. 

While I was putting my shoes on, Yoseob stood beside me and asked me "So are you feeling better? What happened last night?" I pursed my lips and kept my eyes on my shoes as I fixed them on, "I um, got locked in the closet while getting some cleaning supplies...I guess the janitor didn't check before locking," I lied. I stood up and looked up at him. "Were the one who came to help me last night?" I asked.

"No, we did," I heard a voice say and turned my head. I hadn't even noticed that Dongwoon and Junhyung were here in the first place "I..um thank you," They both smiled at me and approached me, patting me on the back before putting their shoes on. Dongwoon, Junhyung and Yoseob had all decided to walk with me to school and I let them, there was no reason to refuse and Dongwoon and I go to the same school anyway. 

The walk to school was pretty quiet. No one said much until we reached the school gates. "Thank you," I bowed my head to Junhyung and Yoseob and they smiled, "no need to thank us, we're always here for you," I nodded before Dongwoon and I turned and started walking towards the school building, but then Junhyung suddenly called for me, I turned to look at him and he said one last thing and before I knew it I found myself smiling.

 

I sat during the break next to Jongin as usual and pulled out a piece of paper as we ate and began writing on it. I need to properly thank everyone for what they've have done for me, so I began writing down what I should do for Yoseobs family and for Dongwoon and Junhyung... oh and Doojoon too! They told me on the way that he was there too. I owed everyone a lot and they deserved it. As I was writing everything down Jongin smiled at me, "You're hair looks nice like that, I can actually see your face now," He joked a bit and I smiled back. The I remembered what Junhyung told me earlier today before her left. 

 

"You look beautiful today, I want to see your face like this more often," 

I found myself smiling again. I've never smiled so much before and it felt good. 

 

 

 

 


A/n: sorry for taking ages to update, also I've decided to just keep writing in 1st POV 3rd POV feels awkward for me.