ONE

The Difference between Fiction and Fact

Junmi sat in her room trying to staple the ripped pages of her journal back into place. She sighed. "I know it's a fantasy...I know, but can't I have at least that to myself?" She opened her journal to a new page and began to write. 

"You can have anything you want...anything as long as you're with me," he whispered into my ear before pressing his forehead against mine. I nodded clinging onto him. "all I want is for you to be by my side forever"....

Junmi continued to write her story, it was a fictional story, about her. It was her own fantasy world.

The only place where she's free and loved. 

She then began to draw on the next page, a boy pressing his forehead against the girls forehead. She wasn't a perfect artist but she can draw pretty well compared to others. She shaded in the necessary areas before smiling slightly. "If only you were real..." she whispered before closing her journal and heading to bed. 

 

~~~~~~~


Junmi woke up late that day, no one was home to wake her up. She quickly got up off her bed when she saw the time and rushed to the bathroom washing her face and brushing her teeth. She put on her uniform, her uniform was a dark beige color with with black edges and her skirt was striped with black stripes. After fixing her uniform she brushed her hair and tied it up in a pony tail. 

She rushed down the stairs and out the door, running to school. She was lucky because she had made it in right before they started to close the gates. 

She took her seat in the last row, 5th desk which was beside the hallway window, on the right side of the classroom. Everyone then stood up and greeted the teacher when he came in. 

Junmi felt a paper ball hit the back of her head, she ignored it and began to doodle in her notebook, not really paying attention to the teacher. 

 

                                                                                                           ~~~~~~~~~~

 

It was lunch hour and Junmi bought some red bean bread to eat along with a water bottle and made her way towards the nurses office. She loved to eat there and the school nurse was kind to her. Although she did love to eat there, she didn't go there because she wanted to, she was having bad headaches and wanted to rest. 

She stayed in the infirmary for the rest of the school day and Junmi left after she figured most of the students have finally left. She had a headache and did not want to deal with anyone. Especially not Minhee. Junmi had no problems with the other students but she did have problems with some of the students in her class and the rest of Minhee's little "clique". For some reason that "group" had a problem with her and always bothered her and picked on her. 

She grabbed her bag and rushed out of the school, but she wasn't fast enough. Someone had tripped her and she fell on the ground, scraping and bruising her knees and the palm of her hands. As she got up she heard the laugh of the girls she sighed dusted herself off and ignored them as she continued her way home.

"Yah are you ignoring me? How dare you?! Do you know who I am?" She rolled her eyes at Minhee's words. 

"Why do you need the attention of someone who doesn't belong here?"

Minhee scoffed. "Nobody ignores me, " Minhee and her two friends walked quickly and as they passed Junmi they each gave her a shove. making Junmi end up against the walls that bordered the school. 

Junmi clenched her fists and hurried home, when she got home the house was still empty. Junmi grabbed the first aid kit from the bathroom and began to clean the scrapes on knees and the palms of her hand, then bandaging them. 

She later changed after eating some bread and jam and crawled into bed, closing her eyes and tried to sleep her headache away.