Chapter 6

Age Is No Issue.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Great. You just had to kiss me, didn't you, Kwon Yul? Now you're sick too...” Taeyeon mumbled under her breath as she dipped the towel into a basin of ice water, wiping Yuri's neck for her. 

Yuri didn't say anything, that silly goofy grin was still visible as she watched Taeyeon fuss over her. Taeyeon was unconsciously revealing the ahjumma side of her as she took care of Yuri like a mother. There was no reason why Yuri had to feel weak and sick since there was an angel by her side. 

“Stop smiling!” Taeyeon patted Yuri's cheek, rolling her eyes at her childish girlfriend.  “Why....” Yuri whined, her arms wrapping around Taeyeon's waist so Taeyeon couldn't leave the room. 

Taeyeon shook her head slightly, wondering if Yuri was ever going to grow up with her around. Not that she minded though, Yuri had proven herself more than worthy when it came to being a good lover. “Yah, I have to go down and cook lunch for you...” Taeyeon said, trying to pry Yuri's strong arms from her waist. 

Yuri mumbled incoherent words into Taeyeon's waist, ignoring the constant squirming coming from her lover. She knew this could go wrong in so many ways but how was she to resist the heart that was beating for Taeyeon and Taeyeon alone? Hell, her was roast if her parents ever found out about this.

“Yul... I was thinking…” Taeyeon started, her fingers playing with Yuri's wavy raven locks. 

“Hmm?” Yuri looked up, her puppy eyes already making Taeyeon smile. 

“Maybe I should stop teaching at your school. This is a very big risk for both of us as it as, what more if the school and the board of directors find out? We won't make it past that border.”  

Taeyeon’s worry was not totally uncalled for and Yuri understood, both Yoona and Sooyoung had explained the consequences it would spell out for Taeyeon in the future if their relationship was discovered. Yuri released a heavy sigh and her grip on Taeyeon’s waist loosened involuntarily. “Yul?” Taeyeon mumbled, holding onto Yuri’s hands. She knew Yuri was in her own world when her girlfriend didn’t respond to her.

Turning towards Yuri with a worried look, “Hey…” Taeyeon cupped Yuri’s face and lifted it, “are you okay?” Yuri sighed and brought her arms around Taeyeon’s waist so that her chin was practically resting just below Taeyeon’s chest. “Did I make a mistake in asking you out?” Yuri whispered despondently.

That weak sentence took Taeyeon by surprise – more of shock, in fact. She didn’t mean to make Yuri feel like their entire relationship had been a mistake all along; that was nowhere near her intention. “Do you think it’s a mistake?” Taeyeon said, her fingers locking in Yuri’s hair to massage her head.

Yuri shook her head earnestly, how or why would she even think that it was a mistake? If anything, Taeyeon was one of the best things that ever happened to her and she trusted that Taeyeon knew it too. She leaned her head against Taeyeon’s stomach, hugging her lover closer to her. “Then it’s not a mistake…” Taeyeon mumbled into Yuri’s hair, taking a whiff of Yuri’s blueberry shampoo.

The couple stayed in that position for a long time; it brought Yuri reassurance and Taeyeon bliss. Yuri hadn’t felt like she needed a hug for a long time but Taeyeon changed that. She made Yuri want to hug her like a stuffed toy all the time. She made Yuri feel unreasonably clingy but there were no complaints from either, of course.

Taeyeon, on the other hand never felt like she needed anyone by her side but Yuri changed that involuntarily. Yuri made her feel unexpectedly… safe and protected. The younger one got rid of the loneliness Taeyeon felt all the time and it was helping her to cope with being depressed.

“Taeyeon-ah!” Taeyeon snapped out of her happy thoughts, only to be faced with her pouty girlfriend. Yuri’s chocolate orbs that always expressed her genuine feelings towards anything and everything; her lips, which showed her love for Taeyeon. “I’ve been calling you for so long…” Yuri whined and buried her face into Taeyeon’s stomach, making Taeyeon giggle at Yuri’s sharp nose causing her to feel tingly.

Yuri's fever still wasn't going down and it was making Taeyeon start to fret since Yuri still had to go for lessons tomorrow. “Yuri-ah, I’ll go and make some soup for you, okay?” Taeyeon asked, bending down to give Yuri’s head a small kiss. Yuri shook her head frantically and hugged Taeyeon closer, “noooo… don’t leave me here alone.” 

“Kwon Yuri.”

“Kim Taeyeon.”

“Seriously, I need to make something for you to eat before you take your medicine.”

Yuri frowned and pulled Taeyeon into her embrace, the two tumbling onto the bed. Taeyeon felt her legs being trapped by Yuri’s long ones, there was no way she could escape unless Yuri was asleep. Taeyeon sighed in defeat and decided to make herself comfortable in Yuri’s embrace for now. “Fine, fine. You happy now?” Yuri just nodded goofily, “more than happy.” 

 

---

 

It felt like hours had gone by since Yuri fell asleep and she woke up, her lips pouting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter