Chapter 10

Age Is No Issue.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m sorry, baby.”

“What for?”

Taeyeon didn’t say anything else, simply nuzzling her face into Yuri’s neck and hoping that Yuri would understand how unhappy she was about it too. Yuri laid a hand underneath a head and ran her fingers through Taeyeon’s freshly-coloured hair; of course, it wasn’t Taeyeon’s fault that her ex-boyfriend decided to join her at the school she was teaching. She would never fault Taeyeon for that because Taeyeon never once gave him any false hope.

Yuri placed a kiss on Taeyeon’s forehead, moving down to her nose and then her lips. She let forehead rest against Taeyeon’s, “don’t apologise for something you’re not responsible for.” Yuri received complete silence as a response; Taeyeon’s eyes darted between her own and her lips, clearly debating within herself whether to kiss the heck out of Yuri or not.

“You can just kiss me if you want, y’know,” Yuri teased, letting her lips move against Taeyeon’s as she continued to speak, “my lips are all yours.”

A low growl echoed from Taeyeon's throat and she grabbed Yuri's shoulders, flipping their positions so she was now straddling Yuri. Yuri had both hands on either side of Taeyeon's waist, the cheeky smile on her face telling her girlfriend to just go for it before the sun rose from the west. Taeyeon was trying to push Yuri into begging for a kiss, because she felt as if she was becoming a bit too desperate for Yuri's kisses. 

Yuri tangled her fingers in Taeyeon's locks, pulling Taeyeon down so she could kiss the woman senseless - the gaze in her eyes was full of guilt and Yuri didn't want to see it. 

“Kiss me, baby…”

Yuri didn’t need to be told twice.

 

*

 

Taeyeon walked around the park, taking a deep breath of fresh air as she enjoyed the smell of nature – Yuri had gone to the gym with Yoona and she wasn’t a person who exercised as crazily as Yuri did; hence walking around the park alone. Taeyeon adored taking long walks alone because it allowed her to clear her mind and think carefully about all the life decisions she had to make in the future. She was about to walk towards the vending machine on the other end when she saw something black moving around in the grass.

A small black, furry creature was moving around on the grass patch – Taeyeon couldn’t resist her curiosity.

“Aigoo, a puppy…” Taeyeon cooed and picked the little puppy into her arms, “where’s your owner?”

For the next few minutes, Taeyeon held the puppy in her arms and walked around the park, trying to find his owner. Taeyeon normally wouldn’t do this but the puppy’s teary eyes caught her right there, and there was no escaping anymore – maybe it was because those eyes were strangely similar; almost reminding of her own puppy-eyed girlfriend who used those to escape from anything.

“I can’t find your owner, sweetie,” Taeyeon gently rubbed the puppy’s head, albeit surprised at the lack of protest from the tame puppy, “I’ll bring you to the shelter or something, okay?”

Taeyeon shifted the puppy and was about to put him down on the grass when the puppy whimpered, struggling as if he had come into contact with hot water. She furrowed her eyebrows and hurriedly inspected the adorable puppy – he was hurt. Perhaps that was the reason why the owner ditched the little guy here – geez, how could anyone be that heartless? It doesn’t help that the puppy here was so, so cute.

Maybe she should just bring him home.

Taking out her phone, Taeyeon brought the puppy with her to the bench nearby; she needed to check with Yuri first. Taeyeon cuddled the whimpering puppy close to her and waited for Yuri to answer, “Hello, Yul?”

“Yes, baby?”

Looking down at the ball of cuteness starting to snooze on her lap, Taeyeon couldn’t help but smile, “I found a stray puppy in the park and he doesn’t belong to anyone. Can I bring him home?” Taeyeon pouted just a little when she heard Yuri laughing loudly over the other side of the phone. “What are you laughing at now?” Taeyeon whined, continuing to soothe the little baby on her lap.

“It’s your house, Taeyeon-ah,” Yuri chuckled, wiping the sweat off her forehead as she took a sip of water, “if you want to bring back a puppy then you can; I’ll just have a playmate.”

Playmate?

Taeyeon had a strong feeling she was going to end up getting jealous of the puppy if Yuri was going to be playing with the little guy all day. Taeyeon already had enough jealousy to deal with in school when Sooyoung and Yuri were stuck at the hips all the time. Now even when she was home, she had to deal with Yuri sticking to the puppy?

Geez. 

Taeyeon faked a sigh of grief, “yes, you’ll have a new playmate but I'll be bringing him to the vet; he's injured.” She didn't even get a chance to object to Yuri coming over from the gym to keep her company.

 

 

Taeyeon held the baby pup in her arms as she walked towards the counter, “excuse me. I need to get my puppy checked. I think one of his legs is injured.” Taeyeon caressed the small puppy’s cheek as the latter whimpered, trying to get out of Taeyeon’s arms for a short while – he didn’t like to stay put even though he was in pain from the injured leg. 

“Sure, just give me a minute to get his details.”

Oh ; Taeyeon had picked him up from nowhere, how was she to identify any details?

“U-Um… he’s actually a stray puppy and I don’t know anything about him; I picked him up today.”

The r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter