Chapter 12

Age Is No Issue.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How could this be happening to them? 

Yuri wondered a lot more about why the world was so unfair and against their relationship when it was solely based on love; it was their business after all. She also wondered if anyone could actually recognise them in that get-up; Taeyeon was clearly recognisable in her normal clothing but Yuri was lightly disguised - a baseball cap and a hoodie was all she had on that day. Yuri would consider that rather risky, in fact.

She had prayed that taking down the photos from the school bulletin board in time was enough to protect their relationship for now. 

“Don’t panic, Yul,” Yoona patted Yuri’s shoulder, worrying deeply for her cousin and their teacher, “I’m sure everything’ll be okay. I think you have to talk to Ssam about it.”

Burying her face into her palms, Yuri shook her head and tried to keep her frustration in as much as possible; Yoona wouldn't understand the clear burden and consequences if the wrong people knew about it. Not that she wanted to drag her cousin into this mess anyway; at least Yoona wouldn't be questioned by the board if she didn't know anything. If anything, Taeyeon and her should be the only ones being questioned.

Yuri was about to say something when she saw Taeyeon enter the room; the lounge was open to staff too – damn it. She should have chosen another place to worry if she wanted some privacy. She cursed under her breath before looking up with a forced smile, seeing the broad smile on her own girlfriend’s face. As much as possible, Taeyeon didn’t need to find out about this until Yuri found the person behind it.

“Hey, Yuri. Yoona.”

“Did you go jogging?” Yuri asked, her eyes scanning Taeyeon from head to toe; it was as if Yoona wasn’t there in the first place.

Taeyeon blushed furiously when she noticed the way Yuri was looking at her; her sweat was probably giving her skin another look to it. She had indeed done a good work-out this morning since she didn't expect any of the students to be in so early. Now that she thought about it, there had to be a reason why both Yuri and Yoona were already in school. She didn't even have to say anything though, because Yoona had excused herself to the rest room. 

Looking around the room, Taeyeon made sure there was no one before stealing a kiss from Yuri’s lips.

“What are you doing in school in this early?”

Yuri rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, “I wanted to come and bring breakfast for you but I met Yoona on the way so…”

Taeyeon cooed at her sweet girlfriend and pulled Yuri to her feet, enveloping the younger in her arms. She hasn't been spending enough time with Yuri and they were also busy with their respective responsibilities - Taeyeon with the examination preparations and Yuri with her final revision. Yuri was going to graduate as quickly as possible so there wouldn't be any chance of Taeyeon getting into trouble with the board of directors.

“I missed you,” Yuri whispered, her lips just beside Taeyeon’s ear. She held Taeyeon close to her, barely caring about the sweat and sticky clothes, “I missed holding you like this too.”

Releasing a contented sigh, Taeyeon realised just how much she had missed Yuri in such a short time. She had been horribly busy with the preparation of the final examination papers that she didn’t have much time to think or miss Yuri. Perhaps this was what she needed to get her through this tough period; Yuri’s arms around her brought her the security and comfort she needed.

Taeyeon brought her arms up to Yuri’s shoulder and nuzzled into Yuri’s shoulder, “I missed you too…”

Deciding that it would be safer to prevent having such close contact when they were in school, Yuri gently rubbed the sides of Taeyeon's waist and broke the hug. She had to control herself if she wanted to be safe from all sorts of nonsense from the other students. Taeyeon was already so popular with all the students; the extra attention was only going to affect Yuri's security regarding their relationship.

“Shall I come over tonight?”

“Yes please.”

 

 

Class was still boring and Yuri was so sick of it; she hadn’t been paying attention the entire time. She was still in the midst of trying to find out who was the one who put up all the pictures on the bulletin board all morning without bothering about the actual lesson. It was important that she found out who exactly it was before anything more severe happened and Taeyeon got kicked out of the school. 

“Psst!”

Yuri turned to her right and saw Sooyoung talking to her with a concerned look on her face.

“Have you found out who it is?”

Of course, her best friend would know all about it first. Sooyoung was reliable and she was not afraid of confronting people when it was needed; Yoona was different. Yoona was much weaker in character and she didn’t like confrontation; furthermore, she had a long way to go when it came to education. Sooyoung was due to inherit her father’s company so she didn’t plan on studying further.

Shaking her head, Yuri pouted and rested her face on her arms. She was about to close her eyes when she saw a rather familiar picture on the phone screen of the person sitting in front of her. She didn’t look up right away; instead, she saw a picture of someone putting up those photos.

“Soo!”

Yuri threw a paper ball at her best friend and beckoned Sooyoung to drag her chair over, pointi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter