Chapter 4

Bleeding Heart [Discontinued]

"One shot of vodka, please," a young lady asks a bartender of the bar.

"Sure, miss," the young bartender replies and grins at the beauty sitting in front of him before getting her order.

The grin of the young bartender doesn't go unnoticed by the young lady. Men, she thought then downs her fifth shot of vodka for the night. A hand suddenly takes a hold of of her petite arm. She looks back and sees her husband, Donghae Lee.

"What the hell are you doing here, huh?" she screams, her voice a bit slurry from the vodka.

"I'm taking you home, Jessica," Donghae answers then carries his wife to his car and heads home.

The moment that Donghae sets Jessica on the bed, she starts throwing tantrums.

"Why am I married to you?" she shouts as she weakly throw a pillow towards Donghae.

"You bastard! Why did you agree to this?" Jessica angrily shouts as she tries to break free from Danghae that's stopping her from acting any more violently.

After a few minutes of endless tantrums, Jessica finally falls asleep in the arms of her husband.

Donghae sighs of exhaustion after Jessica falls asleep. He positions her on the bed. Their marriage days have alway been like this: they wake up and do work then Donghae would always see Jessica on the same bar, drinking at least five shots of vodka right before he would arrive to fetch her; when they get home, she would throw tantrums about her life after their marriage until she falls asleep.

"I wish you would see how I care about you and how much I love you," the young husband mumbles, caressing the face of his sleeping wife.

 

The next day comes and Jessica wakes up with a headache. She looks to her side and sees Donghae sleeping, still wearing his clothes from yesterday. She sighs knowing that he fell asleep after holding her until she falls asleep. It has been like this since their wedding night. Jessica is quite greatful for Donghae because he respects her. She kind of feels guilty for being a burden to him, but she couldn't help it especially that it has become a habit for her to drink away all that's bothering her, wishing that the next day would be to her liking.

As a way to thank Donghae, Jessica would always cook him breakfast, prepare his clothes for work, and sets alarm so that he won't be late for work, before she leaves for her work as Donghae's secretary. Donghae is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Lee Enterprise and Jessica is his secretary. Jessica's parents not only forced her to be Donghae's wife, but to be his secretary, too.

Donghae always feels sorry for Jessica because she cannot be free enough to work her own aspired job. He never gives Jessica a hard time. He cares for her ever since.

"Good morning, Mr Lee. I would like to remind you that you have a meeting with the Board of Directors this afternoon, 1pm at the meeting room." Jessica formerly states.

Donghae sighs for Jessica is always formal to him when it's work time. "Okay. Thank you for reminding me," he plays along.

"Also, our parents told me that we will be having dinner, 7:30pm at the usual restaurant. That is all for today. Do you want some coffee sir?" Jessica continues.

"Tell our parents that we need to cancel the dinner. I'm busy today," Donghae asks Jessica.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I can't do so. Your parents know your schedule today," Jessica replies.

"It's alright. You don't have to cancel it just because of me," she continues.

Yes, Donghae has been cancelling meet ups with their parents because he know how she dreads to see them and hear them asking the couple about their marriage. They have only gone two times. This is the third time.

"If that's all, I'll go back to work now, sir," Jessica says and bows then leaves the room without waiting for a reply from Donghae.

 

Night comes and it is 7:30pm. Donghae and Jessica are sitting  across from their parents. They are silently eating their meal. After everyone has finished, their parents starts a conversation which, obviously, is about their marriage.

"How are things going along with you two?" Adam asks the couple before him.

"We're fine," they answer simultaneously.

Ella and Shinye, Donghae's mother, squeals at the slight moment that their children talked at the same time.

"Oh you two are so meant for each other!" Ella exclaims.

Donghae notices that Jessica is clenching her fist under the table. He knows for sure that Jessica is pissed that their parents are making fuss over a moment like that.

"Donghae, we've been thinking. When are you and Jessica going to give us grandchildren?" Shinye asks.

That is the last straw. Jessica abruptly stands up and leaves the restaurant. Donghae follows after apologizing to their parents.

 

Once they have arrived, Jessica storms into their room and sleeps after changing clothes. Donghae keeps quiet and just sleeps on the couch in their room. Surprisingly, this is unlikely like any other day of their marriage days. The bad thing is that this is worse than any other day of theirs.

 

Their parents asked for grandchildren. Would they abide to their parents' wish?

If they do or not, what would happen next?

 


A/N: Here's the 4th Chapter! Yeah I know. Jessica's life is more peaceful than Yoona's.

DO NOT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, AND UPVOTE TO THIS STORY!

Lots of love, chxding

03/19/15