Chapter 8 - I don’t know -

Yah! Don’t touch my boyfriend! Will you? ☹

   

 

   

 

Chapter 8

- I don’t know -

 

 

    “Morning~” Woohyun said as he saw Hyona walked out from the house.

    “Morning~” Hyona walked to Woohyun and linked her arm to his. Woohyun always came to Hyona’s house every morning since before they went out.

 

    'Annyoung~ Hyona-ya~' Woohyun who was leaning against the wall near Hyona's house greeted as he saw her walked out from the house. 

    ‘You...' Not just surprised, but Hyona was shocked to see him in front of her house.

    'Let's go~' Woohyun said then walked to the bus stop. 

    'Why are you here?' Hyona ran to catch up with him and asked him with curiousity. 

    'Hmm?' Woohyun turned to look at her surprisingly since he thought she would yell at him, but she did not. 

    'I'm asking why are you here? Are you deaf?' Hyona realised she was acting too nice, so she went back to use her cocky tone. 

    Woohyun chuckled at her action. 

    'It's fun… to watch you.' He answered as he smiled at softly.  

    'Are you a psycho?' Hyona glanced at Woohyun and walked pass him. 

    He watched her back and just laughed at what she said. 

    'What an interesting girl~ really~’ Woohyun murmured then followed her.

    ‘Don’t follow me!’

    ‘If I don’t follow you how can I go to school?’

    ‘Walk!’

    ‘Aish You are so mean.’

    ‘So what if I am mean. I did not ask you to come to my house! Don’t come to my house again!’

 

    When other students saw them came to school together, they were very surprised and then a rumour that they might be dating got spread out. Hyona was furious to hear that.

    She told Woohyun off, but he did not care and still following her around. He came to her house every morning then they went to school together fighting.

    ‘Hyona-ya~ What is happening between you and Woohyun?’ Hyejung asked as they were only two in the restroom.

    ‘Nothing happened. He is just an annoying brat.’ Hyona nonchalantly answered.

    ‘Really? Is it that all happen?’ Hyejung asked again teasingly.

    ‘Yes. No matter how many times you ask me, the answer will be the same. There’s nothing between me and him.’

    ‘Okayyyyyy~ I’ll believe you… for now.’

    Hyona rolled her eyes then she stuck out her tongue and walked out of the restroom first.

    Hyejung just giggled and said. ‘Yahh I’ll find out the truth!’

    ‘Whatever~’ Hyona shouted back.

    Yoon Hyona… She is actually nice and cute. I wish others can see this side of her.

    Kim Hyejung thought and wondered why Hyona did not want others to find out her nice side.

    

    - After school, 8.46PM -

    Yoon Hyona went out to ride a train since she was bored to death. She got off on a busy station then went to a convenient store. She bought a cup of coffee then found a seat to sit.

    Hyona was looking through her phone, looking at her old photos with her friends in States. Then she started to miss them and her tear fell down.

    ‘Yoon Hyona…’

    Hyona quickly dried her tear.

    Why out of all people. It has to be NamWoohyun. She turned her head away as she didn’t want to talk to him, but he did not care and walked to sit down next to her.

    ‘Why are you crying?’

    ‘I’m not.’ Hyona controlled her voice very well. It didn’t sound like she was crying at all.

    ‘I know what I saw… but if you don’t want to approve it then it’s okay.’

    Silent time.

    ‘I’ve asked you this so many times… Why did you move her? You never answer me.’ Woohyun broke the silence.

    ‘Why did they have to move here?’     Hyona answered him with a question. it was as if she was talking to herself. Woohyun did not say anything. He just sat still and listened to her.

    ‘I was so happy while I was staying there, but then they told me they had to move back here. I hate being separated from my friends. I don’t want to be here. I feel like I don’t belong here… I want to go back.’ Hyona looked down at her hands as her tears were falling again.

    ‘Maybe… if you show others the real you, you’ll see how much you can fit in with us and in addition, you might learn to love here.’ Woohyun slowly said to Hyona. He did not dare to touch her.

    ‘If you do that and you still hate here then I don’t know what to do. I don’t know whether I should say this or not. You might think I am too nosy, but I kinda understand why you have been acting this way. Others might don’t see why or try to understand you, but I can see the reason and I am and I will try to understand you more. I want to know the real you.’

    ‘The real… me?’ Hyona lifted up her crying face to look at him.

    ‘This is the real me.’ Hyona stared into his eyes.

    ‘Then the real you must be very pretty even when you cry.’ Woohyun let out his cheesy sentence eventually with his dull face.

    Hyona chuckled. She could not believe that he dared to say that and she would laugh at it.

    ‘… And must be very fragile… Others will never know this if you don’t show them.’ Woohyun continued.

    This time Hyona went silent.

    Maybe the real reason that I do not what to let others see the real me is because I am afraid that I might love this place. I am afraid that I might forget my dearest friend over there…

    ‘…Actually…’ Hyona was not sure whether she should say this, but she did anyway. This was her first time that she opened up about herself more. She could not believe again that it was Woohyun who she would talk to about this matter.

    ‘Actually, I don’t hate here… I’m just afraid that things might change and I don’t want that.’

    ‘Everything has already changed. It is up to you how you will do next.’

    They were staring at each other and Hyona shifted her gaze away first.

    ‘Anyways, why are you here?’

    ‘I was born born here.’

    ‘No, I mean… Are you trying to pissing me off?’    

    ‘No, no ahhh you mean here. I came here to buy some stuffs and I happened to see you on my way back.’

    ‘Is that so? You live around here?’

    ‘No… Actually, I live not too far from your house.’

    ‘Really? I never knew that… Why are you smiling like that?’

    ‘I smiled ‘cos of the thought that this is the first time we talked like this.’

    ‘Yeah… You are always following me around… but this doesn’t mean we are friends! And speaking of which, Why are you keep following me around these days? And you even come to my house every morning… What is up with you? What do you want? Are you making fun of me?’

    ‘I do not make fun of you and I will not.’

    ‘Then why…’

    Hyona scoffed as she thought of some weird ideas (at least to her).

    ‘Hey… then don’t tell me… Do you perhaps like me?’ Hyena asked him in a teasing way. 

    Woohyun went silent. He did not think she would ask him that. He comfortably answered.

    ‘I don’t know… but I do have an interest in you.’

    Hyona went silent instead after he answered. Woohyun smiled gently then continued. ‘Well, maybe… maybe I do like you…’

    After Woohyun told Hyona that she stood up instantly. Woohyun held her wrist then asked. ‘What about you? What do you think of me? Do you perhaps like me too?’

    Hyona was shocked hearing that. She shook Woohyun’s hand off then walked away quickly leaving Woohyun sat there alone.

    He just wanted to , but why his heart started to race when he said that too?

 

    - Next day -

    Woohyun was late today since he went to Hyona’s house and waited for her to find that she left before he was there. He waited for her almost an hour until her mother came out and told him she went to school already. She is avoiding me, huh?  He saw Hyona at School’s hallway.

    ‘YoonHyona!’ Woohyun called her name out loud making everyone looked at them, but Hyona ignored him.

    He followed her and asked. ‘Yah Why are you like this?’    

    Hyona ignored him and walked faster. Woohyun walked faster too to follow her. Woohyun made an ‘O’ face then asked her again.

    ‘Is it because I said I li…’

    ‘Don’t even say that word out loud.’ Hyona turned her head and cut him off mid-sentence. She glared at him with scary gaze.

    ‘What word? LIKE?’ Woohyun did not care and said the word out.

    ‘Ahh! You!’ Hyona ruffled her head in an annoyed manner.

    ‘You are a pretty over-thinking person, right?’

    Hyona still did not answer him and continued to ignore his presence.

    Woohyun sighed then he said.

    ‘Do you actually believe it?’

    ‘What?’ Hyona finally stopped walking and turned around to see Woohyun’s smiling face.

    ‘Do you believe me? I was just kidding.’

    ‘What?’ Hyona said again and gave him with more unbelievable look.

    ‘Because you said that, so I just wanted to tease you, but you walked away before I told you I was joking.’ Woohyun shrugged.

    ‘What… you…’ Hyona was out of speech.

    ‘You idiot! Do you how much I stressed over this!’ Hyona hit Woohyun’s arm with full might and he was trying to dodge.

    ‘Why? Don’t tell me you took it very seriously? Do you perhaps like me? Are you thinking of accepting my fake confession?’ 

    ‘No! No! I was thinking on how I could refuse you in the most cruel way to make your heart ache so much you want to die!’

    ‘Ouch! That hurts!’

    ‘You idiot!’ Hyona told him off again, then walked away furiously.

    Woohyun smiled brightly after she finally talked to him.

    He looked down and was sad for a bit. He just wanted to make her felt comfortable and back to herself… 

    It was half true though… I wanted to tease you, that was real, but only at the beginning…

 

 


I think it's sometimes quite confusing when we talk about the past.

This capter I focus on their past again :)