Chapter 6 - Best friends -

Yah! Don’t touch my boyfriend! Will you? ☹

 

 

Chapter 6

- Best friends -

 

    “So… if you said that Hyona wasn’t very nice that time… How did you guys become friends?” MinAe asked. 

    Right now they were out of the shop. They were walking aimlessly on the street.

    “Ahhh~ Because I saw the side of Hyona that nobody at school got to see~” Hyejung showed her cunning face.

    “Yah!” Hyona pushed Hyejung slightly made Hyejung and MinAe laughed.

    “What do you mean by that?” MinAe became curious again.

    “Hmmm~ I knew about Hyona since she came to school from the first day ‘cos everyone was talking about her. However, I got to talk to her for the first time after a few weeks had passed. We met outside the school.”

    Hyejung recalled her memory during the time they had met.

 

    - At the department store -

    YoonHyona went to the department store to buy some stuffs she needed. As she was looking around to find things she needed, she didn’t look at her front properly, so she bumped into someone. That girl’s shopping bags fell down onto the ground.

    ‘I’m so sorry.’ Hyona apologised instantly. She helped her picked them up.

    ‘I’m sorry too.’ The one who was bumped said.

    ‘Are you alright?’ Hyona asked her.

    ‘I’m so sorry. Are you hurt?’ Hyona asked again since that girl didn’t answer. She just stared at Hyona.

    She is that girl that everybody is talking about… the Rude girl… She thought while she was looking at Hyona. It was KimHyejung who Hyona bumped to.

    ‘Are you okay? Excuse me? Are you okay?’ Hyona kept asking.

    ‘Ahh~ Yes I am okay. Thank you.’ Hyejung answered. She was surprised to see Hyona like this.

    She is so nice to be honest… Why did she act like that at school?

    ‘I’m sorry…’ Hyona said again.

    ‘It’s okay. It’s okay.’ Hyejung shook her hands and her head.

    Hyona bowed and she walked away. 

    ‘She is so different outside the school…’ Hyejung mumbled to herself while looking at Hyona’s back.

    

    ‘Ahh…’ Hyona couldn’t say anything on the following school day when she met Hyejung again.

    ‘Hi’ Hyejung greeted Hyona with a smile. Other students were looking at them.

    ‘We are in the same school?’ Hyona asked in disbelief.

    ‘Apparently yes.’ Hyejung answered.

    ‘Can we talk for a sec.’ 

    ‘Sure.’

    They moved to a place where there was less people.

    ‘Please don’t tell anyone I was like that outside the school.’ Hyona sheepishly asked Hyejung.

    ‘Why?’ Hyejung asked out of curious. She did not get why Hyona had to hid her good side and pretended to be a bad girl.

    ‘I have my personal reasons…’ Hyona looked away.

    ‘Okay… I’m not gonna tell anybody then.’

    ‘Really? Thank you.’ Hyona was surprised to see that Hyejung accepted her request so easily.

    ‘But…’

    There it came… The condition…

    ‘But what?’ Hyona asked her with suspicious look.

    ‘I want to be your friend. I want to know you better.’ Hyejung smiled brightly.

    ‘What kind of condition is that?’ Hyona scoffed then looked at Hyejung to see that if she was serious.

    ‘I am serious. Now we are friends.’ Hyejung grabbed Hyona’s hand to shake hand with her.

    ‘I guess…’ Hyona was a bit confused, but she did not object.

 

    “Actually, I am the one who helped Woohyun and Hyona got closer.” Hyejung bragged about it.

    “Did you?”

    “Yeah~ Thanks to her. Woohyun and I became a couple.” Hyona said cutely and leaned her head on Hyejung’s shoulder.

    “How so?”

    “You remember Sungyeol? That tall guy?” Hyejung asked MinAe.

    MinAe nodded.

    “Me and Sungyeol are childhood friends, so I…”

    “You dragged me to meet them even though I did not want to go.” Hyona cut in.

    “That was how you became closer to Woohyun though!”

    “Yeah yeah~”

 

    ‘Woohyun seems to be very busy these days.’ Dongwoo said to his friends as Woohyun was absent from the group meeting today too.

    ‘Yeah~ He is so interested in the new girl.’ Sungyeol muttered.

    ‘The new girl? That rude girl?’ Sunggyu asked in high tone.

    ‘I heard that Woohyun-hyung is following Hyona-noona around.’ Myungsoo a.k.a L said.

    ‘Woohyun? Hyona? Woohyun likes her?’ Hyejung asked.

    ‘I don’t know. He said he doesn’t, but I think he does.’ Sungyeol answered his friend.

    The INFINITE did not know that Hyejung and Hyona were friends since Hyona asked her to keep it a secret.

    ‘Ahhh~’ 

    ‘But she seems to be very annoyed by Woohyun-hyung from what I have seen.’ Hoya said.

    Hyejung nodded as she thought of a plan.

 

    ‘Where are you going to take me to?’ Hyona asked as she was very curious since Hyejung led Hyona to the second floor. Hyejung arranged an appointment with Hyona at the coffee shop. 

    ‘You’ll see.’ Hyejung smiled cunningly.

    ‘Why don’t we just sit downstairs?’

    ‘Someone else might see us.’

    ‘That’s true.’

    Hyona nodded, but she could feel weird vibe from this situation. I felt like something I don’t to see might happen…

    Her sense was correct. When they reached to the second floor, Hyona could spot The INFINITE gang. Hyejung walked to them cheerfully and said hi. Hyejung turned to Hyona and saw that she was still not moving, so Hyejung walked to dragged her.

    ‘You know them?’ Hyona asked Hyejung. She looked sort of panic. Hyona looked at Woohyun who was already grinned at her. Just seeing his face made Hyona felt annoyed.

    ‘Yeahhh… Kinda. I know them through Sungyeol.’

    ‘Sungyeol?’

    ‘That guy.’ Hyejung pointed at Sungyeol and he waved at them with a smile.

    ‘Me and Sungyeol are friends for a long time.’

    ‘Is that so?

    ‘Sit down.’ Woohyun told Hyona to sit with them.

    ‘Yahh Hyejung, you and this girl are friends?’ Sungyeol asked.

    ‘Something like that.’ Hyejung answered nonchalantly.

    ‘What?’

    ‘We never known this before.’

    ‘But now you knew.’

    ‘When did you guys become friends?’ Woohyun asked.

    ‘Just a few week ago.’

    ‘Why I did not know this. Why didn’t you tell me?’ Woohyun asked Hyona.

    ‘Because I don’t have to.’ Hyona answered coldly.

    ‘Yah Just be yourself.’ Hyejung nudged Hyona.

    ‘I am being myself.’

    ‘You are not.’

    ‘Yahh What do you mean?’ Sunggyu asked.

    Hyejung did not answered, but she just smiled.

    ‘Ahh~ Shouldn’t we introduce ourself to her?’ Dongwoo suggested.

    ‘Ahh Yeahh~ We should do that. Start from Sunggyu-hyung.’ Woohyun agreed.

    ‘Hi. I’m KinSunggyu. I’m the oldest. I’m 17 years old.’

    Sunggyu was impressed by Hyona’s pretty face.

    ‘I am Dongwoo. Nice to meet you. I hope we can be good friends since you don’t look like a bad person.’

    ‘I’m Sungyeol. I’m the same age as you.’

    ‘I’m HoWon, but you can call me Hoya. I was born in 1991 too.’

    ‘I’m Woohyun, but you already known that right?’ Woohyun gave her cheesey smile.

    ‘I’m myungsoo, but you can call me L for short too.’

    ‘Hello~ I am LeeSungJong. Nice to meet you. Noona~ You are so pretty~’ Sungjong said as he smiled very brightly.

    ‘Nice to meet you too. You’re too pretty even you are a boy. I envy~’ Hyona forgot to be a mean girl for a sec and smiled at SungJong. She ruffled the boy’s head making everyone looked at her in surprised.

    ‘Ahh~ What a kind hearted girl~’ Hyejung broke the silence.

    Hyona came to her sense and stopped chatting with Sungjong.

    Hyona cleared then she asked for a menu.

    NamWoohyun was smiling happily as he saw her like that.

    The others looked at Woohyun then looked at Hyona.

 

    They thought that there must be something happening between them more than what Woohyun had told them.