Chapter 5 - I’ll take care of her -

Yah! Don’t touch my boyfriend! Will you? ☹

 

Chapter 5

- I’ll take care of her -

 

    “So… What happened next?” MinAe asked to let her continue her story.

    “Ahhh~ This is embarrassing to tell the story by myself.” Hyona scratched her head.

    “Then the rude girl was lost, so Woohyun helped her to get home.” Hyejung told the story instead.

    “Yah!”

    “Why? Aren’t you embarrassed to tell her yourself? I helped you.” 

    MinAe chuckled. “So you were lost?”

    “Yeah. I didn’t know which bus I should take, so he helped me.”

    “You were such a brat. Telling your mom you could get home yourself.” Hyejung said.

    “I told you I was upset.”

    “You acted that way ‘cos you thought your mom might send you back?” MinAe asked.

    “Yeah~ I was so childish and stupid, wasn’t I?”

    “I think I can understand.”

    Hyona chuckled at the thought of how Woohyun helped her.

    

    ‘What are you doing?’ Woohyun asked since Hyena was waiting at the bus stop, but she didn’t get on any.

    ‘Just standstill. Don’t you have to go home?’ Hyena was looking at her phone thinking she should call her mom or not.

    ‘I will go home after you went home.’ Woohyun answer with ease. It was the opposite to Hyona. She was anxious.

    As she thought she should call her mother or not. Her mother called.

    ‘Hello’ Hyona picked up instantly.

    ‘I said I would go home by myself.’

    ‘You are at school now?’

    ‘I was going to get on the bus.’

    ‘Mom, I told you…’

    Before Hyona could say anything else, Woohyun snatched her phone away.

    ‘Hello, Hyona’s mother. I am Hyona’s friend.’

    ‘Yah! Give me back my phone!’ Hyona tried to get her phone back, but Woohyun walks away.

    (Omo! You are Hyona’s friend? Hello. Is my daughter doing alright?)

    ‘Yes, she is, but right now, she is at the bus stop, but she doesn’t know which one she should take.’

    (Oh about that it is the bus number XX, but I am at her school right now. Tell her I pick her up.)

    ‘It looks like she wants to try go home by herself. I know you are worried, but your daughter seems to be very stubborn.’

    (*sighed That is my daughter… but she is not usually like that.)

    ‘Hyona’s mother. May I suggest you that you should let her go by herself.’ Woohyun spoke as he was trying to get the phone away from Hyona.

    (Eh? But…) Hyona’s mother’s voice sounded so unsure.

    ‘I’ll take care of her.’

    (Will it be okay…?)

    ‘You might doubt me, but I promised I’ll send her home safely. Please trust me with this.’

    Hyona’s mother was quiet for a bit. She was thinking whether she could trust this boy or not.

    (I’ll trust you… I’ll send Hyona’s address to her phone.)

    ‘Alright… You can wait for your daughter at home. We’ll be there.’

    (Thank you)

    ‘Your welcome… Goodbye’

    Woohyun hung up the phone then he gave Hyona’s phone back. Hyona quickly got her phone back.

    ‘Yah! How could you do that?!’ She gave him a glare.

    ‘I helped you. I know which bus you should take.’ Woohyun smiled cunningly.

    Hyona did not answer. She pouted her lips and crossed her arms. She acted as if she were a spoiled princess. Woohyun chuckled and told her. ‘If you don’t know how to go home, why don’t you just call your mom?’ After Woohyun said, he then recognised that she kept looking at her phone. She wanted to call her mom… 

    Woohyun sighed in a irritated manner and said. ‘You care about your pride too much~’

    ‘It’s…’

    ‘Yah! The bus came!’ Woohyun grabbed Hyona’s wrist and dragged her to get on the bus.

    Woohyun pushed Hyona to sit on window seat and he sat next to her.

    ‘Yah!’ Hyona pulled back her wrist.

    ‘Your mom will send you an address.’

    ‘And?’

    ‘You have to tell me when she sent you.’

    ‘Why do I have to?’    

    ‘Aish. I’m helping you.’

    They sat in silent ‘till it reached their destination. Hyona followed Woohyun.

    ‘Hey! You’re walking too fast!’ Hyona told Woohyun in English.

    Woohyun turned to look at Hyona. ‘I know you are from America, but now you are in Korea. Please talk in a language we can understand.’    

    ‘Yah! You… so rude…’

    ‘Are you telling yourself? Do you know that everybody at school is talking about you?’ 

    ‘It’s my business.’

    ‘Okay…’ Woohyun nodded.

    ‘Did your mom send you the address?’

    ‘I don’t have to tell you.’

    ‘Yah…’

    ‘You can go home now.’ Hyona flashed him a smile.

    ‘You told me to go away right after you get the benefit. What a… Whatever. Give me your phone.’

    ‘No! Why do I have to!’

    Woohyun searched her back for her phone.

    ‘Ahh~ Got it!’ Woohyun held up her phone.

    ‘Hey! That is my… proppety!’ Hyona told him, but she couldn’t pronounced it right.

    ‘Propperty? Ahhh~ You mean property~ You alien~’ Woohyun .

    ‘Yahhhh!’

    ‘So.. this is the way to your house.’ Woohyun said as he continued walking.

 

    - At Hyona’s house -

    ‘Hyona-ya!’ 

    They reached Hyona’s house at the same time as her mother arrived the house.

    ‘Mom!’

    ‘Aigoo~ I was so worried about you. Why did you want to come home by yourself?’ Hyona’s mother ran to Hyona as soon as she saw her.

    ‘I just wanted to.’

    ‘And you must be that boy on the phone.’ Hyena’s mom turned to look at Woohyun. Woohyun bowed.

    ‘Hello. Hyona’s mother.’ He greeted with his pretty smile.

    ‘Hello. Thank you for sending my daughter home’

    ‘Anytime.’

    ‘Mom, let’s go in.’ Hyona told her mom. She didn’t care about Woohyun at all.

    ‘Just wait. Boy, What is your name?’ Hyona’s mother looked at Woohyun kindly.

    ‘My name is NamWoohyun.’

    ‘Woohyun? Woohyun-ah, Why don’t you just come in and have a tea with us?’ Hyena’s mother asked.

    ‘Mom!’ Hyona protested.

    ‘What? He helped you, didn’t he?’

    ‘I didn’t ask him to.’ Hyona pouted.

    ‘Aish~ This girl…’

    ‘Hyona’s mom, I’d love to stay, but I have to go now.’ Woohyun meekly said.

    ‘What a pity. Ah~ and you don’t have to call me Hyona’s mother. Just call me mom.’

    ‘Mom!’ Hyona protested her mom again.

    “Yes, mom.’ Woohyun answered and smiled brightly.

    ‘You should go! Just go now!’ Hyona told Woohyun and waved at him to shoo him away.

    ‘Hyona!’

    Hyona frowned then she got in the house.

    ‘I’m sorry for my daughter’s behavior.’

    ‘It’s okay.’

    ‘Ahhh. Woohyun-ah. Can I have your phone number. Just in case, I can contact you about Hyona.’    

    ‘Sure.’

    Then they exchanged their phone number. Woohyun could see that her mother loved her so much and she showed her daughter how much she cared.

    

    Then the problem did not come from her mother… Then her father? Ahhh No way… They seem to be a happy family though. Except the fact on how the daughter’s action. I wonder what made her acts this way… I wonder what made her changed?