I Insist

Opposite of Fate

  "What?! A Party?! Dude, where? What time?" Chanyeol flinched off the couch as soon as he received the news of him going to a fete. Chanyeol is a party fiend. For a young litterateur living a normal life of a 22-year-old guy, it's not odd for him at any angles you would want it to be. He has his own principles and living a garden-variety life is one of those. He's not the type who would want to spend the rest of his insomnia inside the four corners of his nothing but awfully silent room, or the type to drink bourbon alone, and constantly talk to an ant.

 

  Chanyeol moved his feet toward his elbow room. He has been in the abode an hour after the book signing event. The time is already 6:30 PM and the said party he's attending to starts at 6:00 PM. But he could look out less though, given that the party is just for entertainment, and not even part of his to-do- lists but it's Chanyeol's things so he can't miss a part.

 

  Chanyeol's phone rang as soon as he's done fixing his suit. He found out it was a Bachelor party, so he came up the idea of wearing a suit, the typical fete wardrobe. He fished his phone out of his pocket and answered the call.

 

   "Sir, Moonboat Network called me earlier and they want an urgent interview with you. You know I can't say no so I just called you for elucidation. But then, they insisted and said they would go there directly. I am so sorry, sir."

 

  "What?! But I have a party to attend. And more thing, it's not even in my memorandum! How could they make such decision? Bomi, you should've stopped them."

 

  "I know, sir. And I'm sorry. I didn't know you're setting foot somewhere."

 

  "Holy . I'm hanging up. I guess this is them already."

 

  Chanyeol hung up and sneaked a peek by the window as he heard a car engine stop by his front yard. Suspicions weren't as much incoherent as he thought. A soft knock was heard soon after, and Chanyeol came to welcome lazily his expected visitors.

 

  "Good evening, Mr. Park. I am Seokjin from Moonboat Network and I am here to interview you. Would that be okay?"

 

  "I have been expecting you. Let's just make this short. I am going somewhere."

 

  The interview went for about 20 minutes, and it's already 7:20 PM, Chanyeol is 80 minutes late. "Thank you so much for your time, sir. And I'm sorry I stealed some."

 

  "Nah. It's no big deal."

 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

  Chanyeol drove his way to the venue of the social event in which entertainment, food, and drinks are provided. He was hl;fway through when he suddenly desisted at a particular area after seeing someone looking awfully stranded, and might need his little fixes. The place is quite not light in color though, having only the light post glowing the road. Chanyeol bellied up to the poor figure. "Excuse me. I was wondering if you might need some act of assisting?" The figure looked up at him and they were both shocked at each other's presence.

 

  "Baekhyun?" "Chanyeol?" Both said in unison.

 

  The lacking skill overshadowed the transient silence. All that can be heard are the cricket's strong and noticeable sounds. Chanyeol doesn't really understand but his heart seemed to skip a beat, and the heat unforeseenly runs up to his face. Baekhyun rived the silence sprawling everywhere. "Uhh...Hi. What are you doing here?"

 

  "I...Uhh--" damn it! Why am I having a speech problem? "I just saw you here unknowingly and you look like you're in so much trouble so I was wondering if I could help. What seems to be the problem?"

 

  "Oh. My car suddenly stopped and I strained to start it again but it won't. I didn't see any sign of help here though apparently because this area is separate from others."

 

  "I see. Let me try to fix it. I know a bit about machines before I started writing." Chanyeol chuckled.

 

  "Really?! I did not expect that."

 

  "Now you know." Both chuckled, and Chanyeol began handing the car's starter. To be really honest, Chanyeol knows nothing about the act of one that fixes, not even the tools. It's kinda weird because Chanyeol never really did this to someone, ever in his life, and it's his very first time to feel something really weird. It feel as if you really have to try and be audacious for a great show off.

 

  Chanyeol tried really hard, sweat fallig in drops simultaneously as he worked on the machine, twitching and swirling the wires unknowledgeably. "Screw! I can't fix it. You know what? Let's just ask some help over there."

 

  "Oh no! I'm more than an hour late for the party."

 

  "Where exactly are you going?"

 

  " To Provence Village."

 

  "Really?! I'm going there, too. you can just ride with me, and let's call for help, let the mechanic fix it."

 

  "No. It's okay. I'll wait here."

 

  "I insist. I don't wanna leave you here." Baekhyun stared directly at Chanyeol, quite flabbergasted. "I mean, it's dark here. You might get hurt. I don't wanna die with my conscience gradually killing me so yeah. Let me take ourselves there."

 

  Baekhyun blinked a few times like a puppy. "Oh. Okay. If you insist."

 

                                                                                                                                      *********************

 

A/N

Yes! Finally back ^_^  Pardon me for making you wait for some time. I am a bit busy lately. Writing contests here, Chemistry contests there, projects and missed activities everywhere :3 //3 lmao I'll try to update more often :)

 

/le sends you looooots of luuuurv <3/ kekekeke